INFJ's And Finding Truth | INFJ Forum

INFJ's And Finding Truth

Chessie

Community Member
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INfJ
INFJ's have a stunning tendency to want to find truth. One of the collective truths about INFJ personalities is that we're always hunting to know the real reasons for things (and if we're not, we're in an unhealthy mental condition.)

Intuition allows INFJ's what looks like a nearly clairvoyant ability to find the underlying ways that things are all hooked together. We make webs of tiny pieces of information and they all fit into a large picture in our heads. Other people see us as conspiracy theorists even when the conspiracy is right out in the open, glaring, obvious, publicly documented, and acknowledged by every standard within our culture for proof in evidence. Truth with a capitol T is simply too much for most people. Even most INFJ's.

Most of us can't really do anything about the Truth even when we've got it right out in front of us. You cannot afford to be truthful with most people. If you're funny, you might get away with it but most people will focus more on you making them feel better about the Truth.

People are depressed by Truth, even when it's happy to an INFJ with the complete image in their minds.

You can't tell someone that their government is headed for catastrophic collapse and have them grin unless they're a psychopath. It'll affect them too heavily and it'll hurt their lives and the lives of those they love. Still, to someone with the complete image in their head that can be a very hopeful idea. If a government is sick, violent, or corrupt then it's collapse is a fantastic thing if what comes afterwards has the potential to be something fantastic.

Humans may soon move out of their bodies and into computer systems. We could be able to simulate a mind and have another species intelligent enough to talk to made of transisters.

What Truth do you see?

Reactions: Lucidmoon
INFJ's have a stunning tendency to want to find truth. One of the collective truths about INFJ personalities is that we're always hunting to know the real reasons for things (and if we're not, we're in an unhealthy mental condition.)

Intuition allows INFJ's what looks like a nearly clairvoyant ability to find the underlying ways that things are all hooked together. We make webs of tiny pieces of information and they all fit into a large picture in our heads. Other people see us as conspiracy theorists even when the conspiracy is right out in the open, glaring, obvious, publicly documented, and acknowledged by every standard within our culture for proof in evidence. Truth with a capitol T is simply too much for most people. Even most INFJ's.

Most of us can't really do anything about the Truth even when we've got it right out in front of us. You cannot afford to be truthful with most people. If you're funny, you might get away with it but most people will focus more on you making them feel better about the Truth.

People are depressed by Truth, even when it's happy to an INFJ with the complete image in their minds.

You can't tell someone that their government is headed for catastrophic collapse and have them grin unless they're a psychopath. It'll affect them too heavily and it'll hurt their lives and the lives of those they love. Still, to someone with the complete image in their head that can be a very hopeful idea. If a government is sick, violent, or corrupt then it's collapse is a fantastic thing if what comes afterwards has the potential to be something fantastic.

Humans may soon move out of their bodies and into computer systems. We could be able to simulate a mind and have another species intelligent enough to talk to made of transisters.

What Truth do you see?

Scary truth! Yes, sometimes people don't like an ugly truth pointed out to them when it is clear and present to somone like an infj. I think it depends, like you said on how we 'package' the truth for people - is it nice and smooth or does it frighten others? With a natural affinity for intuition, things that we can see in people or in situations which are clear to us, frighten others naturally - i suppose that is why we feel so apt to point it out to others because it appears to be hidden to them. I think the difference to us, is that we find it so fascinating, and we want to revel in it, while others... well they get freakin' scared!

Truth is subjective though. And in every lie there is truth. And in the truth their are lies. So it's hard to say what truth is. Because everything in this world needs an opposite. Their has to be a negative and a positive. So even if you are spreading truth you could also be spreading lies. It's all comes down to what you believe...

Truth is subjective though. And in every lie there is truth. And in the truth their are lies. So it's hard to say what truth is. Because everything in this world needs an opposite. Their has to be a negative and a positive. So even if you are spreading truth you could also be spreading lies. It's all comes down to what you believe...

Not always. Remember, people have motivations to lie and not tell the truth.

I think that we are more into finding people's motivations rather than finding the truth but we generally carry both of these traits.

Telling the truth can be a motivation. And so can telling a lie. Everything balances out in the end.

Telling the truth can be a motivation. And so can telling a lie. Everything balances out in the end.

Yes. No matter what, the world keeps spinning around day in and day out.

I seek to find Truths that help further my self development and to better understand the lessons to learn and ways to grow. In essence; an obsession with how best to deal with my innate human design to better fulfill my life purpose.

But on a practical side; i am very curious. But i channel my curiosity in pursuits that will help me understand myself and others better. I used to be curious about bad things when i was younger but it served no purpose. But the greatest truth i keep learning on everything i explore is that the more i Know the more I just Don't Know. However, knowledge had helped me expand my self on the mind, body and soul level and has given me more wisdom about myself and just being aware of my shortcomings and abilities gives me a sense of well being. Also the humbleness i feel to live in a country that i can have the time and money and support to explore such things. It is a privilege.

Reactions: Howlsthunder
Truth shouldn't be capitalized in the first post.

Also, this thread offends me. INFJs aren't even that psyhic. Either that, or the majority of the people I know who claim to be INFJs, aren't. Yes yes, that whole "we may not share the fact that we're psychic to other people" is a good argument, because I can't prove you wrong. But regardless, this whole infj pedestal crap is obnoxious.

I know that you're going to quote me and state you weren't trying to put infjs on the pedestal, but you did. And I'm going to vote for purposefully, vs. inadvertently. I think EVERY type is a truth seeker, in fact, I'd have to say Ne doms appear to be more truth seekers, while Ni doms are more meaning seekers.

- And I didn't write this post in an angry tone, sorry if it comes across that way... But yea, enough is enough.

Reactions: Oranguh
You know this is a specific type forum. It's not our fault you have to come here and get angry. You just proved my point so I thank you. You just put out your truth and it was different from the infj version. Which offended you enough to consciously write a response. So what is the truth then? I"ll tell you. It's what ever you believe...

Reactions: IndigoSensor
You know this is a specific type forum. It's not our fault you have to come here and get angry. You just proved my point so I thank you. You just put out your truth and it was different from the infj version. Which offended you enough to consciously write a response. So what is the truth then? I"ll tell you. It's what ever you believe...

I didn't blame you. I wasn't angry. However, saying "its whatever you believe.." isn't Ni at all. and saying "come here" implies I'm not naturally here...?

All I'm saying is this: Infjs tend to talk a lot of mbti crap, and rarely can they hold their own when that fact is brought to their attention.

Reactions: Questingpoet
Truth shouldn't be capitalized in the first post.

Also, this thread offends me. INFJs aren't even that psyhic. Either that, or the majority of the people I know who claim to be INFJs, aren't. Yes yes, that whole "we may not share the fact that we're psychic to other people" is a good argument, because I can't prove you wrong. But regardless, this whole infj pedestal crap is obnoxious.

I know that you're going to quote me and state you weren't trying to put infjs on the pedestal, but you did. And I'm going to vote for purposefully, vs. inadvertently. I think EVERY type is a truth seeker, in fact, I'd have to say Ne doms appear to be more truth seekers, while Ni doms are more meaning seekers.

- And I didn't write this post in an angry tone, sorry if it comes across that way... But yea, enough is enough.

I think the Ni/Ne dominant thing makes sense but I don't know why this would offend you. Yes some people do hold infj's up on pedestals i think mainly because of reading Kiersey's description of us.

And how do you know so many infj's when most of us haven't seen the light of day of another one?

"The truth is what you believe"
Lol.

I believe that unicorns die every time an infj talks a load of crap towards an enfj.

I think the Ni/Ne dominant thing makes sense but I don't know why this would offend you. Yes some people do hold infj's up on pedestals i think mainly because of reading Kiersey's description of us.

And how do you know so many infj's when most of us haven't seen the light of day of another one?

That's an absolutely fair question: because MBTI types aren't equally spread. Being 1% of the population is still a whole hell of a lot of people, when you think about it. Admittedly I only know two irl, but my ENFP sister friend has 4 INFJ friends around the country, and they come to visit her occasionally.

... I'm also on an infj forum ...

I see your point [MENTION=3156]saru[/MENTION] and thought a bit of that myself on reading the OP. I think there is something to what she says, though it may have been taken a bit far. I think it's a fine line between seeking meaning and seeking truth. But INFJ's ARE seekers...perhaps not all of the same thing. And this doesn't mean other types are not. And it doesn't mean we are psychic or special. Anyone of any type can be special or mundane according to how they use their gifts.

My truth for the future: The United States Government will fail and fall! Yes I know most people in the states are content that it's the greatest country on Earth and can never fail, but it will. In fact, I think my kids will see it if not me. Even the Roman Empire in its long 2,000 glory changed so radically several times (Republic, Empire, Byzantine) that you really can't say it was the same government, only the same culture perhaps. No, our capitalist model needs an overhaul and its coming soon enough. Perhaps the next radical step in government will involve our quickly changing technology which, if we wished, would give each citizen a bigger voice in running things..... that may be the worst idea yet! :p

Reactions: muir
That's an absolutely fair question: because MBTI types aren't equally spread. Being 1% of the population is still a whole hell of a lot of people, when you think about it. Admittedly I only know two irl, but my ENFP sister friend has 4 INFJ friends around the country, and they come to visit her occasionally.

... I'm also on an infj forum ...

Ok, i was just clarifying. Cause having 5 infj's on your block would be freaky.

Capitalism has worked (and still is working) better than other economic models.

I don't see OUR form lasting. It may work better in countries where the corporations and banks aren't so deep into the governments business (sadly this is quickly becoming everywhere) but we are on a steep slide down right now and I don't see any theory or person or party that has the power, brains, or balls to stop it. But that's my truth, we all have our own.

Not pure free market capitalism though. All markets have some regulation.

Universal understanding.

I'm...kinda freaked. I had no concept of this thread turning into a fight. I might need to go and get some coffee.