INFJ writers | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ writers

Chuck P! I looove his work. I need to read more of his books.

I'm going into reading mode again. I think I'll increase my collection, starting with some of the selections here.

I have authors I *like* but I don't necessarily see them as INFJs. I also like Kurt Vonnegut, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, and Octavia Butler.

I just finished reading Kafka's Metamorphosis in English class. Everyone else seemed to hate it, but I thought it was pretty deep, and very much an INFJ book. Or maybe I'm biased because the teacher liked my essay :m171:

I really enjoyed Metamorphosis too, but liked The Trial even better. It is fantastic. Haven't read Brief an den Vater (which for some reason is translated in English as Letters to His Father). It is in this novel (?) that he confronts his father and where, I suspect, his INFJness manifests itself stronger than in the above two novels.

Steven Erikson and Roger Zelazny are undoubtably INFJ. It's like they have plucked the thoughts right out of my head. These are both fantasy writers. You have to read Zelaznys work by the way. The Amber Chronicles are probably one of the best books I have read. And I read a lot

I just got into the Amber series, and I love it. I love how it starts out - and I need to pick up the other books. Maybe I'll check them out on Amazon.com, or my local half price bookstore.

God, I had to study metamorphosis twice at school (seems we love kafka over here :D) and I don't like that book, simply because it makes me feel horrible. It's mainly the passage when his dad chases him and hurts him. The pathetic was just too much for me.

I enjoyed the trial a lot more however, especially since we studied the book and the film by orson welles at the same time. Great combination. I guess I get less touched by society's absurdity than by the cruelty of one to one relationships.

The little prince is a fabulous book too... One of my favourites :)

I remember being surprised by Welles's interpretation of the novel. Interestingly enough, some of the locations on which the film was shot are not very far from the house where my dad lived. Still, the BBC's 90s version with Kyle Mclachlan felt somehow better. I don't know whether it was the fact that it was in coulour or something else. Admittedly, I saw both films a long time ago so I can't give any concrete reason why I prefer the David Jones's version. In any case, I love Kafka.

Speaking about absurdities, what about Albert Camus? I don't think he's an INTJ. Is he perhaps an INFJ? To be honest I'm just guessing here. I just love The Plague and The Stranger so I guess he must be an INFJ by extension :lol:.

:doh: post was ment to go to INFJ singers

I shouldn't do many things at the same time.

Last edited:
just tossing out two names ... Not sure AT ALL. Just interessted to see what you say about them:

Dan Brown
David Eddings

INFJ or not. They are awsome :m153:

I have a couple like that: Larry Brown, Rick Bragg, Cormac McCarthy.

Yeah, I'll second that.

No one mentioned Lois Lowry in this entire thread? Is The Giver not the Bible of INFJs?

I don't know about the author's types per se` but Herman Hesse's Siddhartha just blew me away (I'm IFNP, btw) - I read it when I was a little kid and loved it. Had never heard of Buddha or any of that stuff. I re-read it about a year ago, and now I love it more. I also devoured his book Demian. It's really very Jungian.

could George Orwell be inf? his character Winston Smith in 1984 sounds like he fits the description.

Someone mentioned Dostoevsky. Well, the INFj is labeled Dostoevsky in Socionics, so it's probably a good possibility. But don't know for sure.

I don't know about the author's types per se` but Herman Hesse's Siddhartha just blew me away (I'm IFNP, btw) - I read it when I was a little kid and loved it. Had never heard of Buddha or any of that stuff. I re-read it about a year ago, and now I love it more. I also devoured his book Demian. It's really very Jungian.

I love Hesse... my goal is to read all his books. I loved Steppenwolf- really related to the protagonist.

Marion Zimmer Bradley and Ursla LeGuin, love them both. The "Earthsea Trilogy" is totally though provoking and sublime! They write with such feeling and depth--and can rip my heart out at any moment. Definatley INFJ's. Maybe Andre Norton too, although it's been a long time since I've read her. Younger readers probably don't know her, but she is awsome. I have old novels of hers from the 50's that I got from my Uncle when I was young.

Last edited: