INFJ seriousness and relaxation | INFJ Forum

INFJ seriousness and relaxation

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
There was a thread not too long ago about INFJ and guilt. Along that same line, are INFJs by nature more inclined to take things seriously or have a harder time letting loose?

Would you describe yourself as a serious person? If so, what is the source of your serious nature?

Do you worry a lot?

How about relaxation, would you consider yourself as a fairly relaxed person or do you experience a lot of tension/uptightness?

I have an INFJ friend and he is really serious.

I wish I could make him open up and be less serious and less polite.

It's complete extremes for me. When I am busy and productive, I am extremely busy, serious, worried, stressed and productive....
The other end when I am not doing anything, I am absolutely doing nothing and high out of my mind.

Last edited:
It's complete extremes for me. When I am busy and productive, I am extremely busy, serious, worried, stressed and productive....
The other end when I am not doing anything, I am absolutely doing nothing and high out of my mind.

That's me in a nutshell.

That's me too. People who don't know me REALLY well at work are surprised at me outside of that enviroment. I have a funny/joking side that rarely comes out at work. But I can worry and obsess with the best of them.

Yes, I consider myself quite serious, and have been called a serious person, people have told me things like ''cheer up'' or ''laugh more'' or ''act more like your age'', I have always been viewed by others as quite mature for my age and I am mainly interested in studies and in learning which has brought many to believe that I am not much fun at all. I am a perfectionist and always have the need to work on something, sometimes I can take this work to seriously that I forget to lighten up a bit and just relax. I am extremely paranoid about things and I constantly find myself in a situation of continuous worry and paranoia. I always feel like nothing is finished and there's something I must do, I am never satisfied. I tend to be relaxed when I am in a deep reflective state but other than that I can't help but to be paranoid and loose my mind from time to time.

I am far far too serious sometimes, and when I'm not being serious I fear that I should take things more seriously. I worry constantly about many things that are completely out of my control. And I agree with Solongotgon about when I am not doing anything. It's really only possible to relax when I am alone though, when no one is around to want things of me or to try to please. I too am a perfectionist, also.

Would you describe yourself as a serious person? If so, what is the source of your serious nature?

Yes, I think I am serious. I am serious about serious things and I am serious about funny things.
Hmm, it is hard to tell what is the source of. probably me hihi

Do you worry a lot?

Hmm, I think that no. But that doesn't mean I haven't enough difficulties in my life.

How about relaxation, would you consider yourself as a fairly relaxed person or do you experience a lot of tension/uptightness?

I think that I am fairly relaxed person. I even noticed that when I feel tension I start to laugh, don't know why is that :m083:

People always tell me how I'm a calming/relaxed person but I have experienced a lot of stress and hypertension. I always tend to get stressed and worried about little stupid things.

I can be pretty serious. I over-think things, and I have some perfectionist tendencies. I do worry a lot. On the other hand, I can be super-relaxed to the point of laziness. I guess I swing between the extremes, like others have mentioned.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I am pretty seriously-minded as well. I used to worry more but I've been through so many crises over the years it doesn't seem to matter anymore...I found other coping skills.

That said, I am a master of relaxation and have, over time, found some really fun projects that help me disengage in a big way. I generally save those for the weekend.

I'm mostly serious, but it depends, I can be pretty whimsical, witty, or sarcastic (in a good way), depending on my level of comfort and happiness.

I think I would describe myself as being a serious person and the seriousness probably comes from this need that I have to be in control of my life, to be steering the boat as it were. I have a need for security and easily get stressed about the unknown, which is ironic because nothing is really certain in the world. I also worry a lot, which is probably the harmful by-product of my over-reflection and constant analysis of life.
I'm quite an intense person. Not sure whether I have a natural disposition to be this way or whether that comes from my strong sense of empathy for others. I try not to project that intensity and most people don't see it (or at least, I'd like to think not!), but those who can really see through me will see that intensity within me.

I can be serious, and I can get stressed easily. However, I prefer relaxing and taking things as they come -- if I can't change something, then I'd rather not freak out about it, as that can be the opposite of productive.

All work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy, after all.

I am almost always serious however I do not worry much. My trust in fate and the good of the future sees that doubts fade quickly allowing me to continue the path. When the universe is always in perfection as is you too are living in perfection.

What relaxes me is usually meditation, activities, or reading (video games, listening to calm music, snowboarding, running and of course eatting).

I am far far too serious sometimes, and when I'm not being serious I fear that I should take things more seriously. I worry constantly about many things that are completely out of my control. And I agree with Solongotgon about when I am not doing anything. It's really only possible to relax when I am alone though, when no one is around to want things of me or to try to please. I too am a perfectionist, also.

^^i agree with the bold