INFJ Intuition | INFJ Forum

INFJ Intuition

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
Yesterday, I had an interesting moment of intuition...

I was on the 31st floor of a building, and found myself having an unexpected, yet very strong feeling. It was telling me that something was about to happen, but not to be afraid. Something bad was happening, but everyone was going to be okay. There was a dangerous situation, but there was no danger. It was really weird. Be calm, because everyone will need you to be.

About ten minutes later, the building evacuation alarms blared, yet didn't shock me like they did everyone else. People started grabbing things and making noises about the elevators. And I just knew that wasn't a good idea, and told them to take the stairs.

31 flights of stairs later, we found out that there was a fire on the ninth floor, and it had spread to the elevators before the fire department could put it out.

Have any of you had similar moments of intuition?

Reactions: Puck and Tamagochi
Yep...

This morning I had a strange panicky feeling when I walked in the door of my second home resident's house. My heart felt fluttery and I began to experience a strange sensation sorta like having to be prepared for something shocking. I walked to the kitchen to get his morning pills, went to his room and spoke to him like usual. He was snoring hard as he normally does, but he wouldn't wake up when I spoke to him. I then began to sense that it wasn't a case of him being in a deep sleep, but that even though he was snoring hard, he just wasn't going to wake up.

He died, ten minutes later, while myself and his mother were at his bedside. He would have been celebrating his 31st birthday in february...

Somehow it's like I felt it as soon as I walked in that house. Like I walked into some force of energy, alerting my intuition that a crisis was coming soon.

Last edited:
Yes all the time

Just the other day i was stopped at a two lane left turn arrow. I was in the right left turn lane, then a red car pulled up next to me in the left turn lane.

As soon as I saw the car I knew instantly that she was going to cut from the left turn lane in front of me all the way across three lanes to the far right lane... I KNEW it...So the light turns green but I slowly make my way through the turn. I turn into the middle lane as I am supposed to, and sure enough she darts across three lanes of traffic right in front of me. narrowly missing my front bumber as she does.

3 days ago, I was driving down the highway between home residents, and I was thinking about how I speed while driving. I enjoy driving fast, I find it difficult to drive slowly. It's the only form of Se I feel I display...

I was thinking about how I really should be driving slower, but often times, I have to speed somewhat, to be on time for each visit as I cover a large district. This thought was going through my mind just before 8am, on my way to my first home resident. Later on that day, I was between visits again, and also on the highway when it crossed my mind again. The highway is 4 lanes, with a big, overgrown with grass and shrubbery meridian between each two lanes. So I was driving the highway towards south, and I saw a cop, coming on the other highway across the big meridien, going north. I was speeding, like 20 klm over the limit. I figured for sure, I was going to get busted. He turned on his lights and turned at the emergency viehcle lane, randomly placed along the highway between the meridian. He began to drive up behind me, I slowed down and stopped on the side of the road, but he wizzed past me anyways, and I just sat there thinking to myself; "hmmm, this was a warning lesson, like a pre emptive scenario should I not slow down"...

Yesterday, I did get pulled over finally, which was a good thing, because I was speeding again between residents, and I was ignoring my intuition. Maybe after having to pay the stupid ticket, I'll slow down ;)

Last edited:
I get that kind of feeling every so often. Each time I do, I start throwing protection spells left and right, and nothing's ever happened. When this happens, I don't know if its just paranoia, or if I'm really good with protection spells. I prefer to think its the latter.

I just completed First Responder/CPR/AED training so I know how to cast revive spells.
:m168:

Actually, I wish I had the intuition that you guys seem to have.

With patience comes revelation.

wow VH and Ria - that was incredible to hear. Thank you for sharing.

As for myself I had about 4-5 cases of a very strong intuitive feeling - somewhat similar to yours. And they always come through. If it was just my imagination I would surely get a lot of false alarms.

Yesterday, I had an interesting moment of intuition...

I was on the 31st floor of a building, and found myself having an unexpected, yet very strong feeling. It was telling me that something was about to happen, but not to be afraid. Something bad was happening, but everyone was going to be okay. There was a dangerous situation, but there was no danger. It was really weird. Be calm, because everyone will need you to be.

About ten minutes later, the building evacuation alarms blared, yet didn't shock me like they did everyone else. People started grabbing things and making noises about the elevators. And I just knew that wasn't a good idea, and told them to take the stairs.

31 flights of stairs later, we found out that there was a fire on the ninth floor, and it had spread to the elevators before the fire department could put it out.

Have any of you had similar moments of intuition?

Wow, unbelievable. That's totally psychic.

I haven't had similar experiences.

This might sound strange but I have had similar things happen to me before, I can usually sense something is about to happen right before it happens. However usually they come to me through dreams.

It happened to me today. I saw the light flickering while I was working at my job, I thought to myself "hmmmm...... theres gona be a power shortage later on." three hours later there was.

Everyone was dead silent, and going "huh? what happened?" but I already knew.

No, In case anybody asks, I didn't cause it. :m053:

Last edited:
I can't recall ever having such moments. At least they've never been as powerful as some of you have experienced. Or maybe I have but I've never realized it that acutely because I'm mostly sort of "out of it", not noticing things that clearly and mostly being oblivious to just about everything.

Mine have been these small occasional things such as listening to the radio and starting humming the next song that comes on a few moments before it actually comes on. Also, who's going to visit me soon and who's going to call in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:
My intuition drives every fabric of my being. All my life, I seem to end up at the right place at the right time for the right reason, and I would never understand why. I look back on things and I often wonder if there is something external pushing me to where I need to be. It all seems too coincidental.

My intuition drives every fabric of my being. All my life, I seem to end up at the right place at the right time for the right reason, and I would never understand why. I look back on things and I often wonder if there is something external pushing me to where I need to be. It all seems too coincidental.

I believe the answer is both. Those of us who have this degree of intuition are open to (or at minimum somehow aware of) that external force that makes these sorts of things happen.

I started to feel this way since last year. No longer do I feel like I have no purpose. From reading many articles and books, I learned that intuition can be developed if one is patient and learns to listen to that quiet inner voice.

I had an incredibly disturbing dream about six or seven years ago. I don't remember all the details, but one of my really close friends died in the dream. I knew it was a dream, but I woke up feeling very, very bad.

Exactly one week later, her nine year-old cousin dies of unknown causes. It wasn't her (thank whatever deity you may), but it still bothered me.

I also avoided getting killed in a car accident. My mom and sister went to a church function and got hit directly in the passenger side (where I would've been sitting). I either would've been dead or permanently disabled.

I write most of this off as coincidence, though.

I have an INFJ friend who gets VERY strong episodes of deja vu frequently (as in, I was having breakfast with her on Friday at 8am and I was like "Wow, deja vu, I've totally seen you in that shirt I just got you before" and she was like "Oh, that's ok, I've vu-ed three times today."). They're incredibly clear for her, as well. ("I'm going to teach this lesson, and one of my students is going to ask me why there are birds in this picture and not in the other.")

She says she found it terrifying at first - they started when she was around 15 - but she's gotten gradually used to them, and finally started accepting them last year, and it culminated in one particular day where she knew everything that would happen like three seconds before it did. She said it was like living it twice, and was kind of scary and cool at the same time.

I had her take the cognitive processes test; both her Ni and her Ne were at or near 100%, and Fi and Fe were not much lower. (T and S were down in the 20% range.) I figure this would explain it, at least in part. She's decided that it's the way that God communicates with her, which I think is legitimate.

I get it sometimes, as well (in fact, usually while I'm around this particular friend). Today I looked through some pictures of her while she was with wolves; I knew what she would say for each one, and it was like she was there telling me what each one was. I didn't realize this until later when I was thinking about it and realized "oh snap. I haven't actually seen her since friday. she can't have told me about it."

Last edited:
Almost all my intuitive experiences that could be called "psychic" are tied to dreams. I differentiate these type of experiences from normal intuition. Normal intuition to me is just my unconscious brain taking incomplete information and coming to correct conclusions. Most people would not be able to do so without more information. That is at least a partial explanation.

With the "other" type of intuition, I have talked to spirits a couple of times while in that middle stage between waking and sleeping. I have had some precognitive things happen in this same state. That is often how my deja vu will manifest itself, when it comes on I will know that I have dreamed this already. Many times I have trouble deciding whether something is a memory or a rememberded dream from the past (future?). I don't know if this all makes sense, but my conscious and unconscious seem to be closer to each other than in most people. That, I believe, is what drives my Ni and Ne.

I don't know about my intuition. I'm beginning to understand the origin of much of it -- for instance, I'm decent at interpretation of dreams (including of others), and I can tell motivations behind almost everything anyone does -- I don't know why, but even deep, hidden things are almost obvious to me.

As for events, nothing comes immediately to mind -- but then, I don't even recall weird feelings anymore. I just kind of go with it.

Wow. o_o;

Well it's pretty hard to explain but I'll try my best. I'm not sure if it's Deja vu or precognitive feelings but kinda like jlynnr and Questingpoet said, sometimes I get this very strange, peculiar and ethereal feeling. It basically involves me feeling like what is currently happening around me or being said around me, I've seen it all before. It's so totally random and completely out of the blue, but it's like all of a sudden, a strange bubble descends upon me that causes me to feel so ethereal. During these times like I said, I feel like what is happening around me has happened before but the strange part is, that sometimes I am able to feel around and guess what will happen next. It's kinda like "I've been here before...I've seen this before...this is going to happen right about...now" and a lot of the time, it does. Maybe it's just being able to sense what's going to happen in seconds from now but the situation just feels so familiar. It is indeed such a strange, peculiar feeling...I'm still taken aback by it when it does happen.

Almost all my intuitive experiences that could be called "psychic" are tied to dreams. I differentiate these type of experiences from normal intuition. Normal intuition to me is just my unconscious brain taking incomplete information and coming to correct conclusions. Most people would not be able to do so without more information. That is at least a partial explanation.

With the "other" type of intuition, I have talked to spirits a couple of times while in that middle stage between waking and sleeping. I have had some precognitive things happen in this same state. That is often how my deja vu will manifest itself, when it comes on I will know that I have dreamed this already. Many times I have trouble deciding whether something is a memory or a rememberded dream from the past (future?). I don't know if this all makes sense, but my conscious and unconscious seem to be closer to each other than in most people. That, I believe, is what drives my Ni and Ne.

I experience much the same thing with dreams. I have moments where I look around and realized that I dreamed this moment before. I take it as confirmation that I'm doing what I'm meant to at that moment.