INFJ Intuition | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ Intuition

Wow. Just wow. A lot of experiences here are simply amazing. I guess my N is just not that well-practiced yet.
Before I make up things out of nothing and say that I'd ever experienced those meaningful intuition, let me say this in a clear head : I don't. Sadly.
It's mostly like these;
Mine have been these small occasional things such as listening to the radio and starting humming the next song that comes on a few moments before it actually comes on. Also, who's going to visit me soon and who's going to call in a matter of minutes.

[QUOTE=N

Yesterday, I had an interesting moment of intuition...

I was on the 31st floor of a building, and found myself having an unexpected, yet very strong feeling. It was telling me that something was about to happen, but not to be afraid. Something bad was happening, but everyone was going to be okay. There was a dangerous situation, but there was no danger. It was really weird. Be calm, because everyone will need you to be.

About ten minutes later, the building evacuation alarms blared, yet didn't shock me like they did everyone else. People started grabbing things and making noises about the elevators. And I just knew that wasn't a good idea, and told them to take the stairs.

31 flights of stairs later, we found out that there was a fire on the ninth floor, and it had spread to the elevators before the fire department could put it out.

Have any of you had similar moments of intuition?
You probably took in information related to danger that you're unaware of.

Well, actually, yes. Sort of. I have had weird flashes of insight where I thought something and then whatever I thought happened in the not-t0o-distant future. Once, I knew -- just KNEW -- as we were saying goodbye -- I was never going to see a particular friend again and within a few weeks she had been killed in a car accident. I did not know that was going to happen at all but, I had a loud thought pop into my head "I am not going to see her again." And I felt sad and disturbed, but hadn't the faintest idea why.

I knew when granddaddy was about to die, but considering he was 94 and very ill I do not consider that staggeringly psychic. But I did know when to go see him, which I did.

And I once had a thought pop into my head "Slow down!" and within a few miles, passed a cop and got pulled over. (Again, that is not staggeringly psychic. I knew perfectly well I was speeding.)

Those thoughts have popped into my head on other, more boring occasions as well.

I am learning to trust my intuition. I did not trust it and fought it for years. Now I am learning to trust it and it makes a huge difference. Sometimes intuition can be masked by anxiety, for me, and anxiety does not lead to wisdom. Oftentimes, anxiety leads to defenses being up too much and acting too much like life is an alarm. No I am learning to trust my intuition and it is a huge relief!

Last edited: