INFJ and sex. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ and sex.

Not sure if there's been a previous thread like this, but regardless:
I saw a post in a different thread that made me seriously contemplate the INFJ on sex. The statement said something along the lines of INFJ not having sex until true love was established. Is this correct for you? Does love have to be a factor in your sex life? Marriage? Or is casual sex an OK option, too?

(Open to all types, not just INFJ)
this is false.
Certainly INFJs is one of the most comfortably sexualy of types. INFJs do have a very high sex drive.
If you don't believe me...Aristotle said about a certain type of melancholics that are "easily lead to anger or desire".

And here is how Socionics puts it:
"They easily succeed in enticing the person they talk to."

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEI_subtypes

So, usualy INFJs are very erotic beings, probably too much, lead like a dog in a leash by their weird desires.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
LucyJr,

Huzzah! I am so glad you made this point. I was starting to really re-think my type! Although that is a daily battle in its own self.

When I was younger I had a few sexual encounters where I thought I liked the guy and was attracted to them and then afterward I realized I was SO WRONG. This has caused me to be more strict as I age.. I whole heartedly regret those encounters, but I don't think I would swear off casual sex permanently. I don't practice it now and I have no plan to.. but to eliminate the possibility seems like I am just tightening my handcuffs.

Sex is so much better when you are attracted to the person and in love. Honestly, it is better when you are comfortable being yourself with that person. It is not easy for an INFJ to be comfortable with someone at that level so finding your companion to share your sexuality with as an INFJ is a feat.

I agree with Lucy that INFJs have a high sex drive. I do. I also enjoy sexual adventures... the key is it has to be with the person I am most comfortable with. If you find that person try like hell to hang on to them because you really can discover the things that bring you pleasure, in ways you didn't even know would get you off!

I agree with Lucy that INFJs have a high sex drive. I do. I also enjoy sexual adventures... the key is it has to be with the person I am most comfortable with. If you find that person try like hell to hang on to them because you really can discover the things that bring you pleasure, in ways you didn't even know would get you off!

That is called being a hedonist, searching pleasure for pleasure itself, pleasure being the ultimate mean.
I think pleasure is not a mean, its a by-product.

Yes, it is very true that INFJs have a very high "sex-drive". Not only that, but how Socionics accurately said, some are masters to entice, stir up and attract sexualy other perons.

Well, I went through an ISTP phase of.. exploration. Yeah, we shall call it that. Now I prefer D/s style dynamics. Meaning I am giving myself completely to this person. They are allowed to do as they wish. I only wish to please. That is what turns me on. I like thinking about how I belong to said person. It is the only way for me. Like my body is a gift to them or something LOL

Not sure if there's been a previous thread like this, but regardless:
I saw a post in a different thread that made me seriously contemplate the INFJ on sex. The statement said something along the lines of INFJ not having sex until true love was established. Is this correct for you? Does love have to be a factor in your sex life? Marriage? Or is casual sex an OK option, too?

(Open to all types, not just INFJ)

Yes it is, i only had sex with one woman in my entire life, and she was already my gf for about a year. I'm still kind of afraid of sex, i can't take it lightly, and i can't see disengage from the feelings and emotions that go along with fornication, in many ways i torture myself in that area... I've felt sexual desire for a lot of women in my life, as a teenager i suffered a lot because of it, because i didn't liked the feeling, also i couldn't stop to make the connection between wanting to fnck so bad and the irrefutable fact that i was also growing up and leaving my childhood behind and i didn't felt prepared for it, also loss of innocence, and what true love was for me, and how sex made it much more complicated, i've felt dirty and ashamed, like having this ugly fucking bastard inside me, and i couldn't control that feeling, don't know, it may sound silly though, i know.
As an INFJ i would say there's HUGE ambivalence in this area, the libido is there and it is strong, but some are more masochistic than others, god, don't know really, maybe is just fear of letting this go again.
I'm talking for myself mainly anyway, there are probably many INFJs who are comfortable with their sexuality.

Last edited:
Cant say I have had a lot of love but as for the other well... maybe thats just my intj side.

I probably do know love or something. Its just not as intense as I have been led to believe.

this is false.
Certainly INFJs is one of the most comfortably sexualy of types. INFJs do have a very high sex drive.
If you don't believe me...Aristotle said about a certain type of melancholics that are "easily lead to anger or desire".

And here is how Socionics puts it:
"They easily succeed in enticing the person they talk to."

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEI_subtypes

So, usualy INFJs are very erotic beings, probably too much, lead like a dog in a leash by their weird desires.

An IEI (aka INFp) isn't an INFJ in MBTI. They're two different systems that have no correlation with each other.

An IEI (aka INFp) isn't an INFJ in MBTI. They're two different systems that have no correlation with each other.

They do have correlation. Both of systems were founded on Jung's research and writtings.

IEI in Socionics has the following functions: Ni - Fe - Ti - Se, and then comes the other functions, because Socionics take in account all function working, but at different intensity.
INFJ in MBTI has the following functions: Ni - Fe - Ti - Se.

So going by logic, I can only conclude that INFp (or IEI) from Socionics is the same type noted in MBTI as being INFJ. Am I wrong here? I don't see how.

LucyJr,

I am not well read on socionics, but I did consult someone who is and you are correct.

LucyJr,

I am not well read on socionics, but I did consult someone who is and you are correct.

Don't tell him that! It'll go to his head! 'LucyJr' and 'you are right' -or correct, whatever *rolls eyes*- should never be in the same post! >:O

Reactions: bionic
So going by logic, I can only conclude that INFp (or IEI) from Socionics is the same type noted in MBTI as being INFJ. Am I wrong here? I don't see how.

INFJ in MBTI is Ni-Fe-Ti-Se and. IEI is Ni-Fe-Si-Te-Se-Ti-Ne-Fi, the order may vary though, i'm not sure, however they aren't Ti-Se. Socionics takes all functions in account, mbti doesn't. And don't forget quadras, pretty sure i can find a lot of Delta people who happen to be INFJs.

Reactions: bionic
Don't tell him that! It'll go to his head! 'LucyJr' and 'you are right' -or correct, whatever *rolls eyes*- should never be in the same post! >:O

A question was asked by LucyJr and it was received with an honest answer. Are you saying I should avoid answering even if he is right? Why? To help with the feeling aspect of LucyJr having an ego?

So what, maybe he deserves the ego he has earned.

They do have correlation. Both of systems were founded on Jung's research and writtings.

IEI in Socionics has the following functions: Ni - Fe - Ti - Se, and then comes the other functions, because Socionics take in account all function working, but at different intensity.
INFJ in MBTI has the following functions: Ni - Fe - Ti - Se.

Nah, actually MBTI and Socionics have a J/P switch so it's like comparing rationalism and empiricism. They're two sides of a coin that don't connect. In fact, IEI has the information elements of Ni - Fe- Si - Te (polr) / Se - Ti- Ne- Fi (they include shadow functions in socionics). Socionics takes into account more factors like the visual component of typing, quadra, romance style, model a, etc so it's much more complex than MBTI. MBTI simply defines INFJs as Ni-Fe-Ti-Se (Linda Berens includes shadows in her version of MBTI but it's not generally accepted).

So they actually aren't the same. IEIs have Ni-Fe-Si-Te in their Ego & Super Ego block but INFJ in MBTI does not have Si or Te... they have Ti and Se which obviously is not the same cognitive functions/information elements. It's pretty much like comparing apples and oranges, yanno?

This is a pretty decent site on Socionics: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/

A question was asked by LucyJr and it was received with an honest answer. Are you saying I should avoid answering even if he is right? Why? To help with the feeling aspect of LucyJr having an ego?

So what, maybe he deserves the ego he has earned.

Lol sweetheart -_- you will learn *nods*

Reactions: cvp12gh5

DonTaushMe, you are right :D

So they actually aren't the same. IEIs have Ni-Fe-Si-Te in their Ego & Super Ego block but INFJ in MBTI does not have Si or Te... they have Ti and Se which obviously is not the same cognitive functions/information elements. It's pretty much like comparing apples and oranges, yanno?
I don't think you have understood correctly what Ego and Super Ego means in Socionics. Its based on Freud's concepts.
Anyways, have a look at it again.
The correct function order of IEI type in Socionics goes the following: Ni-Fe-Ti-Se-Ne-Fi-Te-Si. That would be INFJ in MBTI if we take only the first four functions.

I don't think you have understood correctly what Ego and Super Ego means in Socionics. Its based on Freud's concepts.
Anyways, have a look at it again.
The correct function order of IEI type in Socionics goes the following: Ni-Fe-Ti-Se-Ne-Fi-Te-Si. That would be INFJ in MBTI if we take only the first four functions.

Ooh oOoh! *raises hand* What's INFPs function order in Socionics?? :3

Ooh oOoh! *raises hand* What's INFPs function order in Socionics?? :3

Listen very carefuly because I won't repet this again !
So the INFP type in MBTI function order in Socionics is the following: Fi-Ne-Si-Te-Fe-Ni-Se-Ti.
Please, make sure you keep this to your head. I'm tired by this ignorance of those youngsters like you today. Got it?!!!?