INFJ and sex. | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

INFJ and sex.

The statement said something along the lines of INFJ not having sex until true love was established. Is this correct for you?
No.

Does love have to be a factor in your sex life? Marriage? Or is casual sex an OK option, too?

(Open to all types, not just INFJ)
If I am sufficiently attracted to a woman I can have sex without loving her. However, I have to trust her first.

Last edited:
Not sure if there's been a previous thread like this, but regardless:
I saw a post in a different thread that made me seriously contemplate the INFJ on sex. The statement said something along the lines of INFJ not having sex until true love was established. Is this correct for you? Does love have to be a factor in your sex life? Marriage? Or is casual sex an OK option, too?

I saw a post in a different thread that made me seriously contemplate the INFJ on sex. The statement said something along the lines of INFJ not having sex until true love was established. Is this correct for you? Does love have to be a factor in your sex life? Marriage? Or is casual sex an OK option, too?

I can't imagine myself having casual sex. I know that I would fall into some deep depression. Sex with no actual feeling of love just the urge? I personally couldn't.

It's more like that sex is no longer a factor in my love life.

Reactions: Asa and seira0807
I'm in my twenties … I'm not sure what middle-age sex drive is like/managed, but for me now it's kind of like something I desire, but at the same time am very cautious of.

I read somewhere before that womens' influence in being "gatekeepers" in a sense in matters of sexuality was and is important to a healthy society as a whole. And I kind of agree.

It's not that I'm scared of it per say, but I feel some kind of moral resposibility not only to myself but to others. What kind of example would I be to teenage daughters of my family friends, to whom sex is still a funny mystery for the most part, if I engaged in irresponsible sex? Wouldn't that set off some kind of habit/pattern that threatens what keeps families together?

I just … I have also heard sex described as fire before - and isn't it better to have a fire that is contained in a cozy fireplace rather than one that, uncontrolled, could very well burn down the house.

For me, sex isn't this elusive thing that I hunger for, but it's something that I know that I could do with this body given to me, which I did nothing to earn by the way, and that if I am not careful, it could harm others, not just myself.

Infj's are the best I've ever had, and it goes beyond the physical.
:wyotethumb::m081::mpoke::m155::m026:.. can't argue with the facts.. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Asa
Intimacy and sex are nice, but as many have touched on the chemistry has to be just right. You can call it love, though I really think there are many different phases to this condition and many different sorts of love. The maddening screw everything I have to be with this person sort of love is rather frightening, but the intimacy and sex that springs from it feels like one of the pinnacles of existence.
Perfectly said.

I'm new here...great topic.

My perspective comes from my experience, there is no comparison between casual sex and making love to that person who has your heart. In my case, it was with my husband. There is a connection so powerful that it takes you to another place, where you forget your name and see colors that don't exist, it's the most beautiful place I have ever been, the most incredible bond and experience there is in this world. I lived for those moments. A casual orgasm doesn't even come close.

I saw a post in a different thread that made me seriously contemplate the INFJ on sex. The statement said something along the lines of INFJ not having sex until true love was established. Is this correct for you?
I would prefer to have sex with someone I love. It's less drama that way. Unfortunately, it's hard to resist lust.

Does love have to be a factor in your sex life?
Yeah, sex is pretty serious. I wouldn't want to have sex with anyone I'm not prepared to impregnate.

Marriage?
Honestly, I'd like to get married soon. I don't enjoy pursuing women. It's mostly a waste of time.

Or is casual sex an OK option, too?
The thought is tempting but I can't risk becoming a father.

Last edited:
Reactions: Infjente