If you had a time machine, where would you travel? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

If you had a time machine, where would you travel?

If I had a time machine where wouldn't
I travel? Everything would be at my leisure.

To clarify: In order to preserve the current dimension of time, I'd time travel as merely an observer. Invisible and silent. I'd stay until 2004, (or until I went crazy). After that, I don't think I'd need to see any more.
When: 1992
Where: My hometown.
Why: I'd like to review my whole life to observe what I couldn't possibly remember. Then I'd have a more complete idea of my life's influences, and maybe even a better idea of the future. I also love the 90's, and I'd like to experience things I always wanted to, but never had the chance to. The 1990's was a time of rapid expansion of global knowledge and culture. I often find myself wishing I could explore the time period more. And, as much as I'd like to see the future, I feel like I'd be cheating myself somehow, and I'd feel too burdened by the responsibility of knowing what's going to happen.

If I had a time machine that I could use at my discretion, though, I'd go lots of places. It would probably become an obsession, and I'd likely end up betraying myself and going to the future anyway! :p

When: 1920
Where: Chicago, IL
Why:It was the "Roaring Twenties!" Bootlegging, Flappers, Speakeasies, and constant parties!

Reactions: Gaze
I was always facinated by the Library at Alexandria. I would want to travel there and be able to study. I think ancient Rome would be facinating too. Dotto Britain to meet Boudica.

I would go back in time to the point where the person building the time machine got the idea, and tell him to build two, one smaller than the other to fit inside, and I would stand inside the smaller one. Think Russian dolls, but with more time travel. Then, I would have the bigger time machine go back in time to any point, and have the smaller one go forward in time the same distance. Just to see what would happen.

OR

I would have two time machines of the same size, shape, everything, and have a friend go forward in time on a platform where I could calculate the exact location of where it was. Then I would set up the other one and go back in time to before any of this happens. Then both me and my friend would go forward and back in time respectively to the point that both of us would be in the same place at the same time. Once again, just to see what would happen.

OR

I could go back in to whne Hitler was going to be born, and artificially inceminate his mother with a twin Hitler, and steal that one secretly at birth, raising him to be the exact opposite of what Hitler would become, and use my time travelling shenanigans to randomly switch the two out at random times iunder the pretext that he's got a personality disorder.

OR

I could do nothing with it, keeping it in my foyer as a conversation piece.

Somewhere between 2 and 5 years ago (to be determined.)

The intersection of Cae Glas Road and Wentloog Road in Cardiff, Wales, UK

Because I eventually will:

To commit a minor act of vandalism (graffiti) on an electrical hub of some sort, leaving my name there so that when the google street-view car drives by, my name will be captured so that, in the fall of 2010, I would see it and realize that my search for a florist local to my crush's (now girlfriend) apartments was the right thing to do (IT'S A SIGN!)

evidence: My Future Self Leaving Me a Message

So, as you can see, if I don't eventually travel in time, I won't see this, I won't be inspired, and I won't be with my girlfriend. Case closed.

When: Anytime before 1500
Where: What is now Georgia
Why: I would be able to see what my people, the Cherokees, were like before settlers.

the 60's

sooooo many concerts I want to go to.

Lots of places.

I'd LOVE to meet Napoleon. And also I'd like to see if Hitler really was as charismatic as my teacher said he was ;)

If you had a time machine, when and where would you travel?

When: 5 BC.
Where: Israel.

Why: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFrufPxjwX0&feature=related"]YouTube - The Greatest Action Story Ever Told[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFrufPxjwX0&feature=related"][/ame]

I'd travel 10 years into the future do research on which small companies are going to hit big then travel back and invest in their companies as a venture capitalist.

5 seconds ago, at which point I had not forgotten where I put my notebook.

When: around 1510
Where: England
Why: This was the beginning of the reign of King Henry VIII,which fascinates me. Not to mention the music being during this time period. Oh, and the fashion!

OR

When: 1786
Where: Vienna
Why: Mozart premiered Le nozze di Figaro. Can you imagine being alive at the same time as Mozart, much less in the same city? If I couldn't be in the performance I'd do everything I could to be in attendance.

I'd like to go way back to when the very first civilizations were forming. I don't want to hunt and gather anything lol. I'd also love to go back to the Renaissance.

I'd like to go way back to when the very first civilizations were forming. I don't want to hunt and gather anything lol. I'd also love to go back to the Renaissance.

When the very first civilizations were forming was not a fun time. It was very very violent in some of the early ones. It took our ancestors a ton of effort to live in large groups somewhat peacefully.

But if you mean like 3000 or less years ago, that would be awesome.

If you had a time machine, when and where would you travel?

When: The moment before I posted this message
Where: In front of my computer
Why: To prevent myself from posting this right now.

So therefore, if you can read this post, I haven't travelled back in time yet and have also made a fool of myself. All the more motivation to invent my time machine!