I Saw The Bieber Movie Today... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I Saw The Bieber Movie Today...

It's the unrealness of him that bothers me. the unrealness of just about every single popstar on this earth. They aren't real like the majority of individuals in day to day life. they're pretty, and fashionable and thin, and so on...

Just once I wish the music industry would actually promote some people who were real.

That's really one sided.

The industry merely promotes a certain image, it has little to do with how these people actually are. They aren't unreal or perfect, they just have a lot of people who make sure to keep their imperfections hidden, and in general, they rarely succeed at that completely.

They aren't even naturally prettier than everyone else really. They get to wear tons of concealing make up and can be made vastly better looking via photo manipulation or different filming techniques. Plastic surgery factors in as well.

but the immage that the industry creates promotes a certain immage to the world. teenagers automatically want to wear that make-up, or buy those clothes or be that thin, and it's wrong to promote that.

What do you think will sell more?

A well-dressed, good-looking and confident wh really has the fake personality and look of a superstar, or a shy average guy?

It's wrong, but they don't care as long it gets them money.

I've actually got no problem with people being this way about good artists, well almost no problem. I'm obsessive about Muse, but I'm not attracted to them or anything. I'm a musician appreciating highly the music that others produce, though their latest offering can go to hell as far as I'm concerned...ahem...

I'm obsessive about muse too. Bit there newest album was really really good and it won a Grammy.

teenagers automatically want to wear that make-up, or buy those clothes or be that thin, and it's wrong to promote that.

Excuse me? It's wrong that teenagers want to be thin (eating disorders don't apply, we're talking reasonably thin) and wear make up? What the heck is wrong with make up?

Geez, maybe we should forbid them from wearing bright colored clothes too! It might make them stick out in a crowd. *eye roll*

What do you think will sell more?

A well-dressed, good-looking and confident wh really has the fake personality and look of a superstar, or a shy average guy?

It's wrong, but they don't care as long it gets them money.

True, he may sell more but that doesn't necessarily wrong. People do worse things for money.

they should wear it because they want to wear it, not because other people are, or because they feel they need to.

and some tracks on that album were ok, but undisclosed disires makes me want to throw heavy things around the room.

I'm really with Griffschen on this 1. I hate how the music industry has become, and if you look into it deeper, you really begin to unfold a whole bunch of crazy shit. Just pay attention to the lyrics of many pop songs. It's disgusting and brainwashing.

because there is worst doesn't mean it's not wrong o.o

A record company making money off of one's voice and marketable face is how record companies have essentially always done business. If not the face, the image of the band or person. So why is it bad all of the sudden?

Should have the Grateful Dead or the Who been dropped from their labels because some of their fans were potheads? Don't most big groups influence their fans in some way?

Sorry, I just don't understand why Justin Bieber is wrong. He isn't provocative in any way nor has he set a bad example for his younger fans.

Reactions: Gaze
I am proud to state, that my 13 and 9 year old daughters, do NOT have Beiber fever. In fact, they cannot understand or comprehend the concept of being Starstruck.

I know parents are usually biassed, but I really do think that my children are Awesome! :mhula:

Justin Bieber IS a great singer and a great artist overall.
No, he isn't the best, but there are waay worst singers who don't get bashed as much as him.
Sure there are fangirls, there will be fangirls for any good-looking male artist (Orlando Bloom anyone?)

But IMO, haters are way worst than fangirls. They hate him because they're jealous, because he gets so much attention but mainly because that's what everyone does anyways.

Buut yeah there was no need for the movie. And Justin Bieber really is ugly. o_o

I concur, baby.

Baby.

Baby.

ooo-

Reactions: middle1
I see him no different than the other young artists I used to listen to when I was his age; Aaron Carter, Lil bow wow, etc. who are now forgotten. What I wonder sometimes is how long is this fame going to last.

He is oright as a signer, but I have heard better who may be more worthy of the attention. Such as this guy: (mini Justin Timberlake anyone?)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7iK6oQ0lUY"]YouTube - Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) feat. Ludacris[/ame]

Last edited:
Reactions: bamf and Gaze
I see him no different than the other young artists I used to listen to when I was his age; Aaron Carter, Lil bow wow, etc. who are now forgotten. What I wonder sometimes is how long is this fame going to last.

He is oright as a signer, but I have heard better who may be more worthy of the attention. Such as this guy: (mini Justin Timberlake anyone?)

YouTube - Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) feat. Ludacris

Wow he is good, this world can never have enough JT's!

Reactions: Odyne
It used to be about ones voice, because years and years ago they didn't have things like pitch correction, so you had to be able to sing.
But I know so many people who can sing astoundingly, who would give anything for a chance at recording, but they know they'll never get it because they're overweight or not pretty enough.

it's just so fake...like reality tv, which is anything but real.