I Saw The Bieber Movie Today... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

I Saw The Bieber Movie Today...

*wilts* *laughs*

Damn! I had to look up trenchant and I have a pretty good vocabulary!

Oh god; I saw the previews for this and immediately felt despair for humanity; they had girls interviewed saying that this 'ordinary' kid finding 'fame' gave them 'hope.'

Wait a sec... hope for WHAT? Fame? Fortune? Live is what you make of it, albeit where accidents happen, of course... there's no guarantees, but there is always opportunity for a self-made hope. The idea what these people were modeling their lives around the notion of being a pop star who really doesn't do much (if anything) to contribute to the furthering or bettering of humanity... it just rubbed me the wrong way.

When I think of hope, I think of having a hand in solving the vast inequalities in world wealth (that allows humana CEOs to make billions of dollars in PERSONAL take-home pay while roughly 6 billion people are poorer than the average Mexican and another billion of those don't even have access to drinking water), or hope in finding a means to spread to the stars, etc etc etc.

Have a little depth, people! Stop deifying this tripe and have a REAL life full of good thins and not just self-gratification.

A. Not all of them are 11. They range from 11-40.

and 40 year old women being attracted to a boy of only 16 is just perfectly ok! it's not wierd at all!
it's not sick and it's not perverted!

In the late 1990's I remember a young girl was told she couldn't be the one to sing a certain song in a movie because the lyrics were too grown up for her and they brought in an older girl to sing it instead...

now look how far we've come! are you proud? I'm not.

and just for the record, I think it's equally wrong for a 40 year old man to be attracted to a 16 year old girl.

Okay, from what Billy said, it made me feel like a chimo. But as someone who actually saw the movie, yes there were plenty of girls my age at those concerts. I was not justifying their obsession for the kid. I was just saying that it would be enjoyable to be in a situation where I was in that high of demand. Seeing as I am and always have been alone, this thread is now making me feel like a lonely, depressed chimo that only listens to J Biebs. Thank you Billy for making me feel this way. And yes, I am only 19.

Reactions: Nixie
I've actually got no problem with people being this way about good artists, well almost no problem. I'm obsessive about Muse, but I'm not attracted to them or anything. I'm a musician appreciating highly the music that others produce, though their latest offering can go to hell as far as I'm concerned...ahem...

But what I do have a problem is is that in most cases fans don't actually know what they're going crazy for. But most people don't know how heavily pitch correction and computer effects are applied to these young and pretty marketing opportunities. They don't know that these beautiful people couldn't actually survive recording an album without it. And for all those people about to say, what about the concerts??? Many popstars are taught the skill of miming while the audience here's a recording instead of them. They say it's to save their voices, but in fact it's not, it's so the crowd does get their money's worth and noone finds out the dirty little secret.

Most of our pop icons aren't selected for their voice, or their songwriting tallent, they're selected because they look good and that's what people want to see. They can use them to sell all kinds of things, not just cds, but clothes, make-up, perfume and diet pills.

Do I have a problem with that? Yes, I do.

And more people should, but more people don't because for the most part, they don't know.

Finally I am resentful of these half-musicians because as a musician myself, it grates on me that if I want my songs to get any recognition, I'd have to sell them to other people, and my pride stops me. I'm not letting some plastic popstar take the credit for my work.

As an example of the industries shallowness, I worked on an album for a country music singer, and she made a music video for one of her songs. All of the people who did the actual playing were replaced for the videos by prettier people who could play the instrument. Yeah, i'm bitter about that.

Okay, from what Billy said, it made me feel like a chimo. But as someone who actually saw the movie, yes there were plenty of girls my age at those concerts. I was not justifying their obsession for the kid. I was just saying that it would be enjoyable to be in a situation where I was in that high of demand. Seeing as I am and always have been alone, this thread is now making me feel like a lonely, depressed chimo that only listens to J Biebs. Thank you Billy for making me feel this way. And yes, I am only 19.

[MENTION=3545]bickelz[/MENTION]; AWW Don't blame Billy for your own Feelings! We all understood what you were attempting to say. I daresay, even Billy. I said you were only 19 in reference to the fact that your youth would make the mindless adulation seem attractive. Keep posting guy. Chimo--*laughs*

A. Not all of them are 11. They range from 11-40.
B. He's 16 so attracting 14-16 year old girls isn't weird.

Think of it more like the situation the Beatles were in. Not to say he is as good as the Beatles were but there were some crazy girls fawning over them too. Just sayin'.

There is a 40 year old woman that likes him and is not his mother or a female member of immediate family? :D

There is a 40 year old woman that likes him and is not his mother or a female member of immediate family? :D

Please tell us who...that way the other sane 40 yr olds can smack her around to put some sense in her head!

Reactions: Siamese cat
and 40 year old women being attracted to a boy of only 16 is just perfectly ok! it's not wierd at all!
it's not sick and it's not perverted!

In the late 1990's I remember a young girl was told she couldn't be the one to sing a certain song in a movie because the lyrics were too grown up for her and they brought in an older girl to sing it instead...

now look how far we've come! are you proud? I'm not.

and just for the record, I think it's equally wrong for a 40 year old man to be attracted to a 16 year old girl.

And you're an INFJ?

And you're an INFJ?

I don't think that someone who changes his type on daily bases has the right to question anyone else's. Just saying.

I don't think that someone who changes his type on daily bases has the right to question anyone else's. Just saying.

I don't think you really know what you're talking about. You might think you do, but I don't think you do.

@saru; and [MENTION=2300]Siamese cat[/MENTION]; Cat fight! Meow. *Sonyab gets her water bottle ready*

Please forgive me...I couldn't resist.:mhula:

@saru; and @Siamese cat; Cat fight! Meow. *Sonyab gets her water bottle ready*

Please forgive me...I couldn't resist.:mhula:

You mean this?

352098591_cc510a3773_o.jpg

I'm obviously winning.

And you're an INFJ?

I've taken the test a few times over the last 6 years and have constistantly been typed as an INFJ.

But allow me to explain. I have no issue with an older person loving a considerably younger one. I do think however that there's something wrong with an older person using a younger person for the benifits of their age or their good looks. Equally I have a problem with younger people using older people for their status or money. I think that relationships like that make a mockery of love, in which I happen to believe in and marriage, which I also happen to believe is sacred. not because I am religious, but because of my view on love and commitment.

I also think there's something very wrong with the music industry using these pretty people to make big money because of the attraction of all these people.
I don't think that this makes me less my type.

I am married to an older man, the difference is though that I love him dearly. I also have a problem with the legal age for consential sex. I think it should be higher, or at least, 16 year olds shouldn't be able to engage in sexual activity with people who are way above their age range. It used to be like that.
The reason why I say this is simply because I went back to highschool when I was a bit older in order to graduate, and I found that the majority of 16 year olds are incredibly immature and not really ready for the responsibility of legally being allowed to have sex. The problem is that thanks to our tv and music industry, they are incredibly hightened and aware of their sexuality.

I get that not everyone feels this way, but the amount of sexual activity among the very young does concern me, not because I necessarily think it to be wrong for anyone to have sex at all before they're ready for commitment, but because they are not prepared or aware of all the consiquences, and many young people eel pressured into it by their peers.

Justin Bieber has a lot of talent, as well as the ambition/drive to exploit it. Unfortunately his public image and music have been dumbed down to appeal to the youth crowd.

Reactions: under skies
Justin Bieber has a lot of talent, as well as the ambition/drive to exploit it. Unfortunately his public image and music have been dumbed down to appeal to the youth crowd.

*Sonyab stares at second head that TheLastMohican grew*

*Sonyab stares at second head that TheLastMohican grew*

If you look at where he started, he was actually a musical prodigy (largely self-taught). Then his YouTube channel was "discovered," and he was subsequently marketed to young girls as a singer. So now he's a product of mass culture.

Justin Bieber IS a great singer and a great artist overall.
No, he isn't the best, but there are waay worst singers who don't get bashed as much as him.
Sure there are fangirls, there will be fangirls for any good-looking male artist (Orlando Bloom anyone?)

But IMO, haters are way worst than fangirls. They hate him because they're jealous, because he gets so much attention but mainly because that's what everyone does anyways.

Buut yeah there was no need for the movie. And Justin Bieber really is ugly. o_o

It hasn't got anything to do with a want for attention. I think even as a musician I wouldn't want that personally. A few people to actually buy my cds would be nice, but hey, can't have everything.

It's the unrealness of him that bothers me. the unrealness of just about every single popstar on this earth. They aren't real like the majority of individuals in day to day life. they're pretty, and fashionable and thin, and so on...

Just once I wish the music industry would actually promote some people who were real.