I am Intolerant of Intolerance. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I am Intolerant of Intolerance.

I felt kind of bad that the anti-conflict nature of most of the people may be keeping them adding to thread when I mention something relgious. I think i'm going to try kinda tone down the spirituality of my posts.
Just try to throw in other posts some times, and focus on your respect for the individual some to keep the toneless nature of text from robbing your posts of the compassion that would be there if the words were spoken. It's easy to come off as viscous on a forum, especially as an NF. We rely so much on nonverbal communication to convey emotion.

Just try to throw in other posts some times, and focus on your respect for the individual some to keep the toneless nature of text from robbing your posts of the compassion that would be there if the words were spoken. It's easy to come off as viscous on a forum, especially as an NF. We rely so much on nonverbal communication to convey emotion.

Interesting point!

Originally Posted by 00chris00
I felt kind of bad that the anti-conflict nature of most of the people may be keeping them adding to thread when I mention something relgious. I think i'm going to try kinda tone down the spirituality of my posts.

Personally, I think you're just fine Chris. I think we should all feel ok speaking our minds, or this forum really isn't going to feel like a place where we can belong. Others will agree or disagree with what you have to say, but that's really their decision on how to react.

I am not Christian, but I absolutely support your right to be so, and to talk about it.

Yes, I have noticed, much to my dismay, the spike of angst in the political debate, too. It seems there are intigators of intolerance out there ready to incite the mob...but also I think sometimes the mob doesn't need much inciting. Fear is a very strange motivator. All the aggression and vitriol is meant to overpower...but behind it is often a bunch of scared adult children.

I have run into some folks in the world of religion who are working at a very high level on tolerance, understanding, and building of communications that recognizes, but works past, many differences. I must say, this input is very refreshing, both for high level of discussion as well as the fact that it exists at all!!

I have run into some folks in the world of religion who are working at a very high level on tolerance, understanding, and building of communications that recognizes, but works past, many differences. I must say, this input is very refreshing, both for high level of discussion as well as the fact that it exists at all!!

You might like this:

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/introduction/

There's no moral superiority or discrimination. There is no persecution or hatred. High level discussion is encouraged.

Last edited:
Tolerance of intolerance is a form of intolerance in itself. That's what I believe anyways.

Tolerance of intolerance is a form of intolerance in itself. That's what I believe anyways.

I call it self-righteous hypocrisy.

I don't care if someone rejects or attacks my beliefs or values... or even my race (I have experienced quite sustained racism against me by some asians). However, all actions have consequences and this suffices in curbing the transition from intollerance to illegal activity.