I Am Indeed INFP | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I Am Indeed INFP

oddly enough, at certain times in my life with respect to life circumstances, I've even tested as ISTJ...

When I reflect back over my life, I'd have to say that it's my belief, that I have spent time in INFP and INFJ mode.

My honest thoughts tho? These days, I'm right smack dab in the middle of both.

It is more likely that you're smack dab in the middle of INFP/ENFJ, which are shadow pairs. If you've been under a lot of stress in your life, this would make perfect sense.

Take a look at this and tell me what you think...

http://www.vtwellness.net/assets/self-exam_INFP.pdf

While we are on this topic, any traits/characteristics anyone can see that I need improvement on?

Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I am a big boy. :p

Wow, this is an interesting thread. So much to comment on, and I suck at multiple quotes. First off, yes I too though you might not be INFJ all the way NAI, but you still have a lot of it in you. INFP is very close, and I too feel my "J" is weak and may at times cross to "P". I can even be ENFJ on rare occasion I feel. I feel pretty strongly that Ria is an INFJ with occasional leanings towards INFP, but I am new to all this. VH (and a few others) are still the experts in my opinion.

I would be interested to hear if you all think my type is solid (especially VH). Do I come across as strickly INFJ?

After looking at your various test results, the conclusions you come to, the way you write, and your general online presence...

I think you're an ENFJ, who has been under enough stress in your life to have been pushed into your shadow mode of INFP often enough to elevate your Fi and develop some INFP traits. Mix the two, and you'll likely test as INFJ on most MBTI type tests, but on the individual cognitive tests, you follow the ENFJ pattern to a T. Your Fe is very strong (and beautiful), and I think it is your dominant trait.

That's my best guess though. I'm not certain, just answering since you put me on the spot. :)

Actually I think you might be right about that, I've considered that INFP is my shadow that I end up turning to when I'm really stressed out sometimes and I know I definitely was pushed, like you said, in my life by certain situations to develop those INFP traits. And even though I constantly question my type, I know deep down that I have to be either INFJ or ENFJ for sure because those are the ones I really feel fit closest with my personality. Thank you! That was insightful and rang true. :)

While we are on this topic, any traits/characteristics anyone can see that I need improvement on?

Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I am a big boy. :p

You keep us hopping, and still have an interesting and a sensitive side. You rock!!

:D And you know, guys, it's okay to find out you're not an INFJ. It's not like it's some "special club" where you can't come in. Regardless of type, you'll be loved for who you are...not what some four-letter designation calls you.

Reiterating: The discovery is the most important part. Once you can be true to yourself, you'll feel that much more alive.

Actually I think you might be right about that, I've considered that INFP is my shadow that I end up turning to when I'm really stressed out sometimes and I know I definitely was pushed, like you said, in my life by certain situations to develop those INFP traits. And even though I constantly question my type, I know deep down that I have to be either INFJ or ENFJ for sure because those are the ones I really feel fit closest with my personality. Thank you! That was insightful and rang true. :)

You're welcome. However, you might be an INFJ who simply over estimates her F functions when testing.

Read this...

http://www.vtwellness.net/assets/self-exam_ENFJ.pdf

and tell me if...

You use your sense of how you feel things should be and creating harmony in all that you do and are?

You feel a reflex to show that you care for others by using your ability to spot things intuitively to help others more than for yourself?

Your inner child is a wild and rambunctious character who likes to do things, run about, and engage the world?

You know that you are at your best when you are engaging your understanding of how all the little details work, but most of the time you don't bother concerning yourself with these things?

:D And you know, guys, it's okay to find out you're not an INFJ. It's not like it's some "special club" where you can't come in. Regardless of type, you'll be loved for who you are...not what some four-letter designation calls you.

Reiterating: The discovery is the most important part. Once you can be true to yourself, you'll feel that much more alive.

I agree! I personally think that ENFJs and INFPs are a LOT cooler than INFJs. You guys can do so much that we wish we could. I admire ENFPs and INTJs as well, and would put them (along with ENFJs and INFPs) in a bracket above INFJs with respect to being better suited to be successful at life and be happy.

But the whole point to Jungian self discovery is the self discovery. In the end, all it does is help you take a better look at yourself, and that's an awesome thing to do - know who you really are. :)

You're an INFJ posterboy.

Thanks for your take VH, I'll live with that gladly. I agree with Arby too here, all the different types have their strengths, weaknesses, and quirks. No exclusive clubs here, just people trying to better understand themselves and the world around them. Thanks again for all the great insight into the MBTI universe guys!

And I agree with what you said on ENFJ too VH. On the rare occasions I morph into this mode, I feel like the world is my oyster. So alive!!

Last edited:
Thanks for your take VH, I'll live with that gladly. I agree with Arby too here, all the different types have their strengths, weaknesses, and quirks. No exclusive clubs here, just people trying to better understand themselves and the world around them. Thanks again for all the great insight into the MBTI universe guys!

And I agree with what you said on ENFJ too VH. On the rare occasions I morph into this mode, I feel like the world is my oyster. So alive!!

I really can't come up with a short list of reasons why I know you're an INFJ, so I'm not going to bother. The list of reasons why you're not an INFJ is so much shorter... because there's nothing on it.

It is liberating to make your Ni get out of the way and let Fe drive sometimes. That's for sure, but for me, I eventually begin to feel short sighted without Ni at the wheel, almost like someone took away my best super power in trade for amplifying my other one. I become a superhero who can persuade anyone into anything, but without my super intuition, I don't know who to persuade or what into. Needless to say, I have trouble staying in ENFJ mode because of that.

Last edited:
Hee. Yeah, because you can actually get things *done* when Ni is in second gear for a while. :p

True fact!

Yet another reason why I admire my INFPs. They get things done.
Haaaaa.
Not.
Speaking from experience at least....

I don't know about the rest of these INFPs. But I am a shameless slacking slacker.

Haaaaa.
Not.
Speaking from experience at least....

I don't know about the rest of these INFPs. But I am a shameless slacking slacker.

Well, you're shameless alright--but I like that about you! :m177:

Reactions: acd
It is more likely that you're smack dab in the middle of INFP/ENFJ, which are shadow pairs. If you've been under a lot of stress in your life, this would make perfect sense.

Take a look at this and tell me what you think...

http://www.vtwellness.net/assets/self-exam_INFP.pdf

aghhh, lol...

pls tell me that I'm not coming across as a spoiled Princess ;)

You know Von Hase, I've read through it all, and there's no way I can say that I fit this completely. I believe I am reliable, responsible and that do actually, feel the need to have an agenda.

I energies by pondering realistic options and how I can apply them to my future, I don't know that I'm particularly charming or playful and I'm def. not imoral, lol :D

I do believe I reflect a lot in order to learn from it, so as I can apply new learnings for the future. I do plan for everything and apprt from the having kids thing, I am usually on time for everything...

I do struggle with a pretty harsh OCD that only a few certain, trusted people know of, (so this can seriously intensify my emotions and reactions in certain situations),

I wouldn't say that I'm a backseat driver,

I would say that I never make decisions based on external thinking, I'm fairly rigid on what I decide and why. It has to feel good to me, and I have a hard time compromising with this. My emotions are not simply information, my emotions are indicators and I unconciousely examine them while they gradually emerge to my conciouseness. I do experience them and process them closely. Collaborative decision making drives me insane, I dislike brain storming with others because it seems to me that usually, the issue (isues) get forgotten as ideas tangent outward, losing the point or the issue at hand...

I defend though being assertive after I have put in a lot of thought as to how to word things so there is hopefully a win-win outcome. I am not passive agressive. I can't say I am guided by shared values, I am guided by my own set of values for myself. I don't expect others to believe the way I do with my value system, as I understand the value of individuality. I also believe that if I shared all my values to others, they would think I was insane ;) I just share the usual ones that most people share.

#6 senex/witch, (left side of margin) I can't see any of those qualities in myself at all. To be honest, all of those characteristics seem unproductive to me.

exroverted sensing, I don't relate to any of these.

Introverted thinking, much of this is irrelivent to me also.

Not too sure what you'll make of my post, lol. It's ok anyway with me however you type me, I guess I just know myself deep down, and that the INFJ profile fits me best when I get to the core of who I am and how I work...

You certainly shine around here with great undying positive attitude. I don't know if that distinction should point out to a different MBTI type or not. In any case, be blessed, and always be as you are! :)

Yet another reason why I admire my ENFJs and INFPs. They get things done.
I have to agree. Primary functions are:
INFJ-Ni , ENFP-Ne --> perceiving functions (aka daydreaming folks, who only exist in present tense if they over-focus on something)
ENFJ-Fe, INFP-Fi --> judging functions (aka bitching folks, but who get things done, while bitching)

Last edited:
aghhh, lol...

pls tell me that I'm not coming across as a spoiled Princess ;)

Nope, never Ria. The queen of hearts maybe.....