I-75 Jesus Burns to the Ground | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

I-75 Jesus Burns to the Ground

haha religious people are stupid!

Given your statement that a wire frame remained, I strongly suspect that it simply acted as a lightning rod.

Still, building a giant statue of Jesus seems like a really bad idea.

Deuternonomy 5 said:
8"'You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Given your statement that a wire frame remained, I strongly suspect that it simply acted as a lightning rod.
Well, yeah, thats a given. The ironic part is that it would have obviously been planned for, the getting hit by lightning, but it still burnt right to the ground. With plenty of delicious imagery ^.^.

I want a video. Can anyone link? I'm too lazy to do my own google searches.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAAj1OiH-WA"]YouTube- "Touchdown Jesus" Burns On I-75 - June 14 2010[/ame]

Speaking of lightning strikes regarding religious symbols and things, I heard a rumor that the individual playing Jesus in Passion of the Christ was struck by lightning while on the cross.

Jim Caviezel.

Anyhow, who spends $250,000 on a statue? That's borderline idolatry, right there. I can see God scratching his head and arching his eyebrows, thinking, "You totally missed the point. Try again."

I think Jesus came home late and this is God telling him he's grounded.

Reactions: Nucky
If the bust was grounded properly it may not have been hit by lightning, but a direct hit goes where it wants to go.

Burnt like the twin towers. Heard there was a steel frame inside. Six story tall steel frame near water is asking for it.

To each his own, but I wouldn't spend my money on that. I especially wouldn't twice.

"Touchdown Jesus" struck by act of God? I can see the insurance agent's bewilderment at how to write that one up.

Did someone say someone might be missing the point? I must agree, but do not know the whole story.

Lightning has cost me money a few times.

I bet ya can't guess what interstate I was driving down today.

I-27?

This makes me smile. Its so Ironic.

Lightning has cost me money a few times.
Aw :(
//carefully wraps you in rubber insulation and gives you a muffin.
//continues to ground all of your property and check for fire hazards.

Aw :(
//carefully wraps you in rubber insulation and gives you a muffin.
//continues to ground all of your property and check for fire hazards.

They should hire you. I would charge like 500 dollars an hour.lol Their already willing to throw huge amounts of money away.

They should hire you. I would charge like 500 dollars an hour.lol Their already willing to throw huge amounts of money away.
Oh lol! I'm guessing you must have lost a hell of a lot to lightning to pay that much per hour. I would refuse to take that much though :p.

guys even if you dont believe in god/jesus or religion in general, you still shouldnt trash talk it for the small chance that they might be real... after all id rather be on neutral terms rather than bad when my eternal fate is at stake

guys even if you dont believe in god/jesus or religion in general, you still shouldnt trash talk it for the small chance that they might be real... after all id rather be on neutral terms rather than bad when my eternal fate is at stake

Trust me I'm screwed if god is real... well I'm not going to be on his good list thats for sure.

Interesting reasoning. I guess I ought to sacrifice a goat before going out to sea. Wouldn't want to offend Poseidon on the small chance he might be real. Would suck to end up spending the last minutes of my life fighting a Cyclops.

(Just a bit of that good natured sarcasm I was talking about.)

I have a friend that talks this way. I will put it like this:

I am good-natured, better natured than a lot of Christians and people from other religions.

I don't need ultimatums to 'behave' nor do I need bribes. If God wants to send me to hell just because I made a light-hearted joke to make my life a little easier, well then fuck it, I will burn in hell and I will call God an egotistical freak to his face on my way down.

I have a friend that talks this way. I will put it like this:

I am good-natured, better natured than a lot of Christians and people from other religions.

I don't need ultimatums to 'behave' nor do I need bribes. If God wants to send me to hell just because I made a light-hearted joke to make my life a little easier, well then fuck it, I will burn in hell and I will call God an egotistical freak to his face on my way down.

//cheers.