How to meet more INFJs | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How to meet more INFJs

Check your local bookstore...enter quietly, and find a book, sit down and look around (especially for someone sitting on the floor, absorbed in a book).

I think INFJs can be social ninjas...you might never know there's one around if they don't want you too and they're not comfortable.
As far as where INFJs hang out. I'd look under tables and under beds. I remember I had a really great time curled up under my computer desk during my sophomore year in college.

If you want to catch and INFJ, I'd use tea, intriguing books and really good music as bait.

Also, when it's a really really gorgeous day outside, and the sun starts to set, and people are going inside, look for the person who is going outside...probably barefoot, eyes to the sky, and hands outstretched in a pose similar to one of these.

but they might not do it if they know you're looking...

Also, I think ENFPs are awesome...

Superastute!!! HA! You rock, Ender!

I actually HAD the experience you describe... last year. A tentative exchange of friendly glances leading to pleasantries... reading on the floor of a bookstore with another woman, also reading on the floor of a bookstore, which quickly escalated into an incredibly open, highly philosophical and deeply gratifying exchange. Turns out we were both recent transplants to a new state, grappling with the same set of issues. She may very well have been a fellow INFJ.

p.s. my ENFP best friend is probably the first person I go to when I'm grappling with something I want to make sense of AND turn positive. She helps me do this every time without ever making it necessary for me to lose my INFJ perspective or inclinations.

Check your local bookstore...enter quietly, and find a book, sit down and look around (especially for someone sitting on the floor, absorbed in a book).

Also, when it's a really really gorgeous day outside, and the sun starts to set, and people are going inside, look for the person who is going outside...probably barefoot, eyes to the sky, and hands outstretched in a pose similar to one of these.
c

42-15590161.jpg

but they might not do it if they know you're looking...

Also, I think ENFPs are awesome...

WOW THIS IS SO ME hahah, I feel so affirmed!!! I'm the person who goes out in the summerrain and dances and gets my hair all wet and curly, the one who brought a blanket to sit on the grass with my friends during lunch break and enjoy the beautiful sun with music on picturing woodstock 69. Then people were inspired and eventually more and more people came, some played football, some rugby, some merely played cards and tanned. And look how it turned out - woodstock all over! ^^ AAAAH good memories, thank you Ender :)

If you want to catch and INFJ, I'd use tea, intriguing books and really good music as bait.

Definitely! :)

Hee. I'm drinking my herbal green tea decaf, and thinking about turning in early to read another chapter of "Anansi Boys" (I love Gaiman)...and I've spent the whole day listening to some new Calexico CDs.

Yes...yes, I do think you can capture an INFJ that way. :D

Hee. I'm drinking my herbal green tea decaf, and thinking about turning in early to read another chapter of "Anansi Boys" (I love Gaiman)...and I've spent the whole day listening to some new Calexico CDs.

Yes...yes, I do think you can capture an INFJ that way. :D

My absolutely favourite tea is Vanilla Earl Grey. And I'm partial to the 'girlie' classics, like Jane Austen.

Absurdity always intrigues me. Just go up to random strangers and start the oddest conversation you can think of. Most people will move away or say something rude. The person who just smiles and nods, but has a hint of amusement in their eyes is probably an Infj.

That's exactly what I would do!

Superastute!!! HA! You rock, Ender!

I actually HAD the experience you describe... last year. A tentative exchange of friendly glances leading to pleasantries... reading on the floor of a bookstore with another woman, also reading on the floor of a bookstore, which quickly escalated into an incredibly open, highly philosophical and deeply gratifying exchange. Turns out we were both recent transplants to a new state, grappling with the same set of issues. She may very well have been a fellow INFJ.

p.s. my ENFP best friend is probably the first person I go to when I'm grappling with something I want to make sense of AND turn positive. She helps me do this every time without ever making it necessary for me to lose my INFJ perspective or inclinations.

Can you send her my email address so she can do that same thing for me? :D

Can you send her my email address so she can do that same thing for me? :D

I wish I could! Unfortunately we were but two ships, passing in the bookstore.

There must be bookstores there, though, right?

I wish I could! Unfortunately we were but two ships, passing in the bookstore.

There must be bookstores there, though, right?
I have a feeling alcyone meant the ENFP (right?)

Sweet...so we know how to catch an INFJ....but how do you keep one?
On another note....how cool would it be to have an INFJ designed read-in bookstore? Like one with comfy couches...and tea, and high tables that you could crawl under, and blankets...and cuddly things...
I had this idea, for a high table, that you can crawl under comfortably (without getting claustrophobic), and a nice blanket that you can draw across the entrance to shut out the world...or leave open if you want reading company...

On another note....how cool would it be to have an INFJ designed read-in bookstore? Like one with comfy couches...and tea, and high tables that you could crawl under, and blankets...and cuddly things...
I had this idea, for a high table, that you can crawl under comfortably (without getting claustrophobic), and a nice blanket that you can draw across the entrance to shut out the world...or leave open if you want reading company...

Sounds fantastic, yet unprofitable.

Oh Ender, that sounds wonderful! But ja, not profitable. When I go to read most of the bookstore staff understands to just leave me alone. They don't bother me. But maybe that's because I'm a cute girl.

My boyfriend on the other hand, whenever he goes to a bookstore to read, some of the staff go up to him and ask him when he's leaving, if he's going to buy something, that the chairs aren't meant for reading. Hahaha! No, no, not profitable. Bookstores want you to BUY something, ultimately. Preferably their books.

Oh I've got no problem buying books.....

I have a problem not buying them.....

Oh I've got no problem buying books.....

I have a problem not buying them.....

Hahaha! I guess I'm a bit of a cheapskate. I read the book at the store so that I don't have to buy it. Sometimes I buy a book (I'm poor) but usually I just read the book right then and there. If I like it, I'll make a note to buy it.

I usually read them from the library first, make a mental note to keep an eye for them and then pick them up eventually at garage sales and thrift stores.

That and I've had a lot of friends get rid of their books and offer me first pick.

I usually read them from the library first, make a mental note to keep an eye for them and then pick them up eventually at garage sales and thrift stores.

That and I've had a lot of friends get rid of their books and offer me first pick.

I did the same thing in CT. We had a fabulous library in my town, and a whole circuit of outstanding booksales Spring through Fall. I only ended up buying books I absolutely couldn't wait for (mostly installments of series). The library here has never had a single book I've gone looking for, and I can't find any booksales :(

You've inspired me to ramp up my efforts to find a better library and those sales with this post, though, alcyone.

Watch for libraries selling off their 'discontinued' books too.

I've scored big time hitting up those events! Have gotten some nifty cookbooks through there too. One about making all sorts of desserts in my bread machine, and the other major score was the Cool Mountain Cookbook. Several of the major ski resorts gave their specialty recipes for it. The Caramel Peacn Cheesecake from the Homestead Resort in Utah is heavenly!

The library at Offutt always had a book swap area too. You bring one of yours in and trade it for one that was there. I got rid of some of the ones I didn't care for and swapped them out for ones I wanted there too.

So we won't sell books, we'll sell tea, and cuddly things...and cookies.