How to meet more INFJs | INFJ Forum

How to meet more INFJs

starrykitten

Three
Jan 13, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
Hello!

Both the MBTI and my personal experience say I get on well with INFJ's (I'm an ENFP), but I haven't figured out how to find them for sure. The other part, of course, is their tendency to be withdrawn. I'm not so withdrawn, but I don't want to draw people out unless they want to be drawn out. I've even tried placing personal ads looking for INJF's, but to no avail. :m142:

My INFJ friends are in pretty disparate careers (though all involve pretty much working alone, though as part of a team), so it's hard for me to get a handle on where you guys hide out, aside from this forum.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :m032:

Thanks!

Get lucky.

Be quiet and isolated in public situations.

Hm...i've only met one other INFJ (my roommate in uni)....so good luck. Maybe you can figure out some type of bait that will lure us (i'm particular to chocolate. and beer.)

They will find you, or you will find them.

I attract ENFP's like magnets.

Well what's alwayse gotten me was the lieing manipulative woman with baggage... good luck!

Japanese gardens, deep catacombs and wooded glens...

Can't miss em! :thumb:

i'm drawn to people who seem like they have a story to tell. something beneath the surface.

also, sarcasm. yum.

One found me. lol.

Absurdity always intrigues me. Just go up to random strangers and start the oddest conversation you can think of. Most people will move away or say something rude. The person who just smiles and nods, but has a hint of amusement in their eyes is probably an Infj. Be prepared to do this about 100 times before it works... considering the scarcity of INFJs.

Or you could, you know, just make friends based on common interests and beliefs and stuff instead of worrying about typology. There are probably lots of INFJs who don't even know it. Maybe...

fudd2.gif

*SHHHHHHH* Gotta be very very quiet! We're hunting INFJ's!

If I'm interested in someone I will radiate it through my eyes. If they catch it I know I'm on to something.
That's how I recognized one of the guys I work with as an INFJ. We were having a break together one day and we were both staring off into space as we talked. It was very relaxing to talk to someone while looking at the sky. So, that was a clue! Then when I looked into his eyes I pretty much put it together. There was a huge depth of feelings in his eyes.

Japanese gardens, deep catacombs and wooded glens...

Can't miss em! :thumb:

i'm more for catacombs myself... i just have a dark personality and i love a dark setting...

*note: to me, dark doesn't always have to mean p*ssed off or antisocial all the time*

Absurdity always intrigues me. Just go up to random strangers and start the oddest conversation you can think of. Most people will move away or say something rude. The person who just smiles and nods, but has a hint of amusement in their eyes is probably an Infj. Be prepared to do this about 100 times before it works... considering the scarcity of INFJs.

this is a good hint and it works for me... :)

If I'm interested in someone I will radiate it through my eyes. If they catch it I know I'm on to something.
That's how I recognized one of the guys I work with as an INFJ. We were having a break together one day and we were both staring off into space as we talked. It was very relaxing to talk to someone while looking at the sky. So, that was a clue! Then when I looked into his eyes I pretty much put it together. There was a huge depth of feelings in his eyes.

also very good to know your co-workers... as it is stated, INFJ's can be almost impossible to find... almost... but it can be done...

Of course you could always take a direct approach and start making everyone you know take the test.

Of course you could always take a direct approach and start making everyone you know take the test.

hahah, that's what i've started doing...

...every first date i have, i always make them take the test to see if their eligible for a second date...

(lol, j/king... but it is kinda funny though... :D )

Check your local bookstore...enter quietly, and find a book, sit down and look around (especially for someone sitting on the floor, absorbed in a book).

I think INFJs can be social ninjas...you might never know there's one around if they don't want you too and they're not comfortable.
As far as where INFJs hang out. I'd look under tables and under beds. I remember I had a really great time curled up under my computer desk during my sophomore year in college.

If you want to catch an INFJ, I'd use tea, intriguing books and really good music as bait.

Also, when it's a really really gorgeous day outside, and the sun starts to set, and people are going inside, look for the person who is going outside...probably barefoot, eyes to the sky, and hands outstretched in a pose similar to one of these.
c

42-15590161.jpg

but they might not do it if they know you're looking...

Also, I think ENFPs are awesome...

Last edited: