how to ask someone out | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

how to ask someone out

"Wanna hang out sometime?"

"We won't be coming to school much longer, so let's take this flirtation to the next level. Let's see each other outside of school. I'm interested in seeing you more often, how about we go to the library this weekend, see how things go? This is my phone number, +61 400 742 440"

She is extremely extraverted (enfp maby?) and we've been hitting on each other for a while now. School ends in a week and i dont know at 2 do.

Strange coincidence, I'm in a very similar situation. I'm graduating in a week, but I've still thought about asking my ex out again. She's enfp too.

I say go for it (both you and me). But be prepared for a lot of awkwardness if neither of you takes initiative*. ENFPs are spontaneous, but don't like the responsibility of leadership. INFJs want to lead but are not spontaneous enough.

*That's how my relationship eroded ;_;

uh huh...Chess = bets bets = win win situations like betting a kiss or phone number

Check my post on love-shyness, you may have that.

Here is my (theoretical) way to make sure when you ask a girl out, you know whether he is busy or doesn't like where you've suggested or doesn't like you.

Step 1, have two different date ideas and date times ready.

Step 2. Ask her to the first one, if she says yes, congrats (exit loop) else ask her for date two. If she rejects that, go on to step 3.

Step 3. Ask her to suggest something, like, "alright, what would you like to do and when are you free."

This works because you have shown initiative first, but if she doesn't like your ideas, she can suggest something. If she doesn't like you, step 3 will force her to tell you, so there is no ambiguity.

... I think I think about this stuff too much XD

If I played chess with her I would beat her in six moves and then she would break up with me. That would work if i wasn't great at chess or she was at the same level.

Bah, chess will not win you a date. (maybe a really nerdy chick, but I don't think we are talking about that.)

The number one thing women respond to is humor, if you can make her laugh, you can get her to like you. Make sure she feels comfortable around you, allways be open to listen to her, yet at the same time, you need to be slightly assertive.

This is gonna sound weird, but it's true, most girls like bad boys. Why, oh why, I will never know, but, it is something you can use. Make jokes that only SLIGHTLY make fun of her and make her laugh at herself. It will boost you an amazing amount. If she says something jokingly mean to you, push her shoulder a little, nothing hurtful, but it's a actualy physical touch that is nessacary for any sort of relationship building. Plus the push is being playful, a very big thing when it comes to the physical attraction part.

I'm sure you allready know all her likes and dislikes, but allways get her talking about herself. Leave open ended questions that she could talk about and fill in with her own stuff. It is an amazing way to continue any converstation with anyone. When she says something that could be taken as a sexual innuendo, smile all goofy like and say something like, "My mind just went in the gutter when you said that!" and Laugh about it, and if she laughs too, your golden! She's totaly in to you at this point.

Take it slow, let the conversation move the feelings, not the other way around. Moving the conversation in the right way will get you to influance her feelings, do it the right way, and you will have HER asking YOU out. ;)

Oh, and before I forget, DO NOT BE NERVIOUS! I swear, women can smell fear.

Well, good luck to you mate!

Last edited:
wow, lol. Either my advice is so good that everyone is out trying it right now... or no one like it and stays away like the plague!

If a thread is quiet, then it goes quiet. It is likely just that people have nothing to comment on it.

I guess it's just me, but I NEVER get tired of talking about relationships, sex, and the like.

Ortorin, I will let you know that I at least liked your advice. I've heard that I know what I'm doing in regards to women, but I really don't. Haha. Being slightly shy I found it rather helpful! :)