How does an INFJ show that s/he likes you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How does an INFJ show that s/he likes you?

It is difficult for me to communicate interest. I do often tend to withdraw and let shyness take over. I usually manage to find a way to compliment the person and let them know I think highly of them. I then try to make myself available for them to approach me. When I really like someone I tend to go to lengths to make sure I don't pressure them in any way. It might partly be pessimism combined with a desire to get an authentic response from someone, but I make sure they have an easy way to say no or leave. A pretty good sign of interest for me is the hit and run compliment. I say something distinctly complimentary and then find a quick way to leave so they aren't pressured to respond, have time to think about it, and it can all blow over if it was a miss. If they figure out I'm interested I just think of it as the sincerest compliment with which they can do whatever they want.

When I'm interested in someone there have been times when I completely avoid them. When I see them walking in my direction I'll do a 180 and walk the other way. I remember writing about a high school crush saying "I want them to notice me...but I don't want them to notice me." Weird.

I've overcome my urge to avoid people I'm interested in. Now, I'll usually try and become friends with them (if they make the initial effort). Lots of warm smiles and hugs. I'm not good at flirting or whatever. The most I can do is become a good friend to them. Unfortunately, however, that means girls usually only think of me as a friend. I'm like a teddy bear; you'd hug it and maybe share your deepest emotions/problems with it but you wouldn't date it, you know?

I also have a tendency to write love letters that never get sent. I did send an email confessing my intense like/love for a close friend. I told her she didn't have to respond if she didn't want to. But she did and I was kindly let down. She wrote me the nicest rejection letter I'll probably ever receive...

For me, I'll ditch my whole introverted/shy persona if I'm with someone I'm interested in. I'll try and do anything to be funny/spontaneous. I'll also communicate a lot more with that person, through all means necessary.

Essentially, if I all of a sudden become a much livelier person around you, I'm interested.

I try not to be clingy, I sometimes pretend not to care. I might playfully tease. I might be more hyper with them compared to others.

I'd probobly try to make eye contact with the person if they were nearby and try to talk with them if I got the chance.

I make eye contact then try to think of something clever to say, but usually end up tripping over my own tongue... I ask a lot of questions too, people love to talk about themselves and I like to listen, so thats what I do.

Reactions: slant
im infj and i dont show many signs, i be a good friend and maintain eye contact to feel out the other person depending on how long it lasts and through how i analyse their actions i'll think in my hed bout the smallest and most meaningful action to do 2 wait for a reaction....ultimatly i have to decide on feeling. but due to being so aware i would leave only subtle clues which only an interested girl would pik up on

Hmm. This is different for me b/c I got to an all girls' school

so I guess then I try to make lots of get togethers

I'm not even really sure what I do when I like someone but others can always tell. Cheers.