How Do You Want to Die? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How Do You Want to Die?

I want my death to be as epic and cheesy as possible. Like in an Epic Adventure/Action movie, where one of the main characters dies after a long struggle and somehow find the time and power to say something all inspiring and powerful before his last breath.

I'd like to be martyred for preaching the Gospel, but it will probably be something stupid, like accidentally eating raw pork.

By taking as many of those bastards I can with me.

suddenly.

1:28 - end

[video=youtube;SGfnOydG-Vo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGfnOydG-Vo[/video]

on morphine please :D

of old age, after my future grand-kids go to college...with my family by my side

Have you ever thought about it?

Yes, I think about it a lot.

I used to want something super dramatic, but now I take it much more seriously.

Will it be in your sleep? Painlessly, in an accident? Overdose on opiates (incidentally, a heavenly feeling, I've heard)? Will you (literally) go out in a ball of fire?

I would like for it to be quick and painless, but I have a feeling it's gonna be slow and painful. Probably cancer or something like that.

Sometimes I also suspect it will be something stupid, something that could have been easily avoided, caused by some hapless, inconsiderate fool, or by some beurocratic error, or a misdiagnosis or misunderstanding, or an overzealous cop, or a case of mistaken identity.

How old do you want to be?

78, for some reason.

What sorts of experiences or accomplishments do you want under your belt, beforehand?

I want to do some traveling. (Done)

I want to be married and have kids. (Mission accomplished)

I want my marriage to last until the day I die.

I would like to be a professional artist, or an art history professor.

I would like to publish a novel or sell at least one screenplay.

I would like to have some grandchildren.

I would like to be of some use to my church, if God wills it.

I want to be the best husband and father I can be.

What will be done with your remains, if any?

I'd like to be buried somewhere out in the Redwoods, with no tombstone. No fancy funeral. Just a gathering of my family and a couple of friends.

Last edited:
I walk across a metal detector labeled "Death Gate".
I sign on the dotted line that promises, "There ain't no going back."

I see [MENTION=4717]subwayrider[/MENTION] on the other side of the gate on the porch of his new house of the next life, playing on a banjo, pointing to the available seat next to him.

How Do You Want to Die?
If possible, I would like to die at my own house, in my own bed with my wife and kids around me. I would like to know it is coming rather than it being fast and unexpected (like a heart-attack or anuerism). I would like to kind of know when my life is ebbing from my body so I can say bye to those I love.

Have you ever thought about it? Will it be in your sleep? Painlessly, in an accident? Overdose on opiates (incidentally, a heavenly feeling, I've heard)? Will you (literally) go out in a ball of fire? I have thought about it and do think about it because it is the only thing every human being is guaranteed to experience. Life flies by and I am certain I will be looking back on life one day and wonder where it all went so fast. I have no desire to go out "in a blaze of glory" but quietly and peacefully surrounded by the few who truly and deeply love me.

How old do you want to be? I do not know. For my wife's sake, I would like to live as long as she does to take care of her and so she does not have to suffer that pain and grief. I would also like to see my children get established and see any grandchildren I may have. Other than that, I have not really thought about an age since it is not my choice anyway. I can say I would rather die than get so old that I cannot take care of myself and I just sort of exist in an old-folks home like an abandoned and discarded thing.

What sorts of experiences or accomplishments do you want under your belt, beforehand? I have experienced everything I have wanted to, I suppose, except for one thing: I would like to grow in my love for God - to love him deeply and spend more time with him and to help others and to love my family.

What will be done with your remains, if any? As an Eastern Orthodox, we do not believe in cremation so I guess I would like to be buried in a plot with my wife beside me. That being said, however, I won't be around so it is really up to my family.

If I had to choose how to die. I would do hella backflips off of a bridge.

I don't really care how, but I want to die after my future lover dies. Because I would rather have to live without them than have them have to live without me.

Reactions: barbad0s
I don't really care how, but I want to die after my future lover dies. Because I would rather have to live without them than have them have to live without me.

Yeah, my feelings too.
The idea of leaving her here where I can't take care of her sometimes gets me so worked up I start taking it out on strangers. Probably get arrested oneday.

Slowly and painlessly

I won't hold my breath

That wouldn't work anyway

explosive decongestion