How Do You Want to Die? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How Do You Want to Die?

No...wait!

[video=youtube;VMzfrod7hcE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzfrod7hcE[/video]

Am I tempting fate? It's only a matter of time with those heathen scientists doing ungodly things in their labs!

They say drowning is the most beautiful death because of colorful hallucinations. I wonder if the hell of battling against wanting to breath is worth it though.
Also, water makes you a pretty ugly dead person.
No, either I want a tree to grow out of my body when I'm gone, or let my ashes get scattered in the wind or at sea.
I've always had the idea I'm not growing as old as I should. I don't know why, it just seems I can't picture myself being that old. As if in my unconscious mind my life thread ends somewhere along the way and leaves a gaping hole.
It also maybe has to do with the fact that I dream of dying a lot. One time I actually fell to death from the highest rock. And as I was falling I was thinking about how this was it and that I'd probably wake up so that I wouldn't actually have to experience the deadliness of hitting the ground.
I was wrong.
I didn't wake up. I felt the full blow as I hit the ground and a few seconds after.
I've also been shot a lot.
And stabbed.
So maybe I prefer drowning after all.

Like this would be nice:

[youtube]ueAYUp4rHZI[/youtube]

if not then somewhere in outer space. But witnessing an Apocalypse is my top fantasy (given that NOBODY can survive). I like to dream big :D

The most likely scenario is: being very old, going for a hike, my heart stops, end of story. It wouldn't be bad either. At least I would die doing something I enjoy. I used to want to die while sleeping but now I find it to be dreadful. I don't want my SO to wake up next to the corpse. This fantasy is now crossed. Also don't want to go first. I'd love to go one moment/day after SO (not realistic, I know, but let me dream). I also prefer to die while I'm fully awake and 100% sober.

With a sword in my hand in a battle, of course.

Free.

Reactions: rawr
[video=youtube;ahZHVBC89aM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZHVBC89aM[/video]

Ideally, in my cozy little cottage with all my animals and friends around me and it would be mid conversation while I'm drinking a cup of tea and I would be 100 and not in pain and nobody would be super upset or hysterical because I would have been super old and they would be happy that I was going to join the universe and become something new after a beautiful life filled with love. But in reality, all of my grand parents have died in their 60s of cancer --so unfortunately it may go like that..

I was to die in bed, peacefully, in the arms of my husband, who dies at the same time. I want us to have built a life that we are proud of together, leaving behind happy children, a successful business and hopefully a charity of some sort.

To die peacefully, surrounded by closest relatives, mentioning the good things, leaving this world with a smile on my face. That's how my grandfather died, three days after he reached 90.

quietly

What an interesting topic. I think death is harder on the living than it is on the person that passed away. I believe in an afterlife and that people will be held accountable for their wrongs, but after death it just seems like that person is on their own journey doing their own thing. it's the people left behind that suffer. that's how it seems to me.

I haven't thought about it really, I just kinda assumed I'd be old and frail, with a cane and talking all gently cuz my little bitty self just isnt that strong anymore. and then one day I'd exhale for the last time.

My assumption is that by that point the majority of my close friends and family will have passed already, and the people that would be left would be my children and their children. My assumption is that I will outlive my spouse, more out of peace for him, cuz i can handle it, where as i dont think he can. but not that much before me, again more for his sake, so he can live a long happy life.

By then I'd like to be one with God. I'd like to be able to understand His plan, and have accomplished my role in it. I'd like to be waiting to continue my journey in the hereafter.

I would like to be buried in a cemetery will lots of cherry blossom trees, that provide my gave with shade and flowers. Not that it would effect me. But I dunno, when i go to cemeteries where there are thriving plants the mix of life and death seems beautiful. In my religion our dead are buried wrapped in cloth and placed in a pine coffin that will biodegrade. From the earth I came and to the earth I will return.

Last edited:
How I want to die:

I hike 20 km to the end of a clear meadow. And there I see the beginning of a tropical forest. And there I camp for the night. And by morning I enter the tropical forest, which is the gate to the next life.

I would like to die or as I believe begin eternity. After a long life full of bringing joy and love to those whom I meet on this amazing journey we are all on. I hope that I can achieve my goal of making a significant impact in the lives of thousands or perhaps even millions by showing others how wonderful it is to live in joy and love. I would like it to happen while I am awake and if there is pain it won't bother me that much. I have an incredibly high pain tolerance and to be honest have never really been afraid of it.

Well, depends. If I'm old and stuff, I would like to be conscious and aware to the very end. Here and now, boys. I'm not sure which old person diseases make this possible. A good bet might be a straight-up, severe injury. Maybe I'll hack my ear off and shoot myself in the stomach.

If it must be some terrible accident, hypothermia. Warm, comfortable and happy.

Relevant.

I like this guy's way of thinking <-- not very "clean" text, read at own risk

life is a messy joke, death should be the same. I want my death to leave a bizarre story to tell and laugh at :D perhaps make sure to win a darwin award.

at the same time I'd hate to have someone clean up my body for me or traumatise too many people (or do I?), so, hmm.... contradicting feelings.