How Do You Want to Die?

subwayrider

Into the White
Sep 26, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Have you ever thought about it? Will it be in your sleep? Painlessly, in an accident? Overdose on opiates (incidentally, a heavenly feeling, I've heard)? Will you (literally) go out in a ball of fire?

How old do you want to be?

What sorts of experiences or accomplishments do you want under your belt, beforehand?

What will be done with your remains, if any?

INFJ:ness coming right up: I wish my consciousness, soul would have united with what is beyond before so I wouldn't have wasted my time too much... though given present state the odds are not so great. I hope I'll go before my children and husband cause I'm chicken and because I hope they will find peace in this lifetime and will have more time to search in this precious incarnation.
With the earthly remains I wish they bury where they're going to put my husband (they have a family tomb) as a symbolic gesture. ...also they don't put ex wives there so maybe I've learned to be a decent spouse If my ashes make the cut. ;D If not stick em wherever out of the way in the easiest possible legal way. Have a service if it comforts someone.

Other than that I can't think of anything....
which reminds me...

Do not go gentle into that good night
by Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Have you ever thought about it? Will it be in your sleep? Painlessly, in an accident? Overdose on opiates (incidentally, a heavenly feeling, I've heard)? Will you (literally) go out in a ball of fire?

What sorts of experiences or accomplishments do you want under your belt, beforehand?

So how old do you want to be - It really doesn't matter, when I go, I go - it will be time. What matters is what I do with the time while I'm here.

What sorts of experiences or accomplishments do you want under your belt, beforehand? You know, when it came down to it, I was really surprised that what I thought was important when death might be a few months away was really different than what I thought was important when death is 20 years away.

What will be done with your remains I think I'll leave my body to science.

Last edited:
Preferably in my sleep, painlessly, in a very old age after a good life. Cremated, my ashes flowing in the wind. I'd finally be free.

Or, I guess I wouldn't mind dying in one of those hot springs in Yellowstone, for example. If it's painless. And again, in a very old age after a good life. Cremated after that.

in my sleep
i don't care when it happens. a lifetime is as long as it takes, not a set number of years.
i've asked that my body be cremated without ceremony.

I have thought of this often in the past couple years and oh-so-juvenilely decided I want it to be willing, on my terms.

I would travel back to my hometown, where my life began. It is rainy there and storms often, which, coupled with thick forestry, make an ideal place to separate my mind and existence from all ties. I would wait for a heavy, raging storm to come and spend my last nights in the forests around my childhood abode and rediscover the small glade I used for sanctuary as a child. I would mentally pay my respects to all those who personally influenced, loved, and hated me. Then, slowly meditate out of personal awareness as my body breaks down over the course of days. By this point in my life, I would hopefully be content enough to maturely review the events and effects of my life, thoroughly enough to melt away from the world with tranquility. Full circle.
The picture below illustrates my thoughts well enough, but with less storm and reflection:

1440-900-144500.jpg

The only accomplishments I wish for before I die is to have spread benevolence, maybe even changed a few lives for the better, and seen even a fraction of the real world outside advanced civilization's gilded cage. I do not care what happens to my remains; I won't be around to object.

I've actually thought about it a lot. I want to die in the process of acting for a cause. Like maybe I'm defending someone from a criminal. Or maybe I'm fighting to defend Israel. Or maybe I get shot for sticking up for women's rights in muslim countries. Or maybe I die of smoke inhalation saving someone from a fire. But I want my death to accomplish something.

And I'm ready to die anytime. I decided long ago to live each day as though it were my last. The result is that my life has been very meaningful and happy and fulfilling. I've touched a lot of people. If I were to die in the next five minutes, I would die knowing I made the world just a little bit of a better place.

To answer just the first question and not any of the others.

How do you want to die?

My answer is - I want to die with the feeling of being at peace.

To answer just the first question and not any of the others.

How do you want to die?

My answer is - I want to die with the feeling of being at peace.

This^^^. perfectly said. which ideally would be in my sleep :)

I want to die last. So I can take care as best as possible the ones I love. After I have endured that suffering, I'll feel entitled to go, just get out. I don't worry about the pain too much. I think suffering sounds more dramatic than the actual experience. You don't drown forever. You die pretty quickly. But if I have a choice I guess I'd be three or four shots of tequila in to it when the train takes me out. Or maybe just not wake up.

I want to be convinced we survive into some other existence. But then again I'm not sure I want to go on suffering.
I know it sounds dramatic, but honestly if you think about it life is nothing but losing things you once had. Youth, health, friends, family.
Why anyone would want more time to lose more seems strange. I think I'll be just fine when I go. Again, all I care about is my wife. She is all I have and I have no idea how to survive when she goes. Just as long as she's first so I can take care of her. Then I want to go right away. Don't care how

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pusgkj

That is an easy question. I want to die at a nice very old age in bed in my sleep. That is the most peaceful death I can think of.

Beforehand, I'd like to have lived a full life. I'm not sure what constitutes full yet, but I'm working on it.

I don't know what to do with my remains. I'm not too concerned about it since it wont be my problem.

being shot while walking around my neighborhood

then my mom could copyright my name and she could be rich

its called reverse inheritance. all the martyrs are into these days.

Completely happy and at peace. Birds singing and the sun in full showing. Not too hot, but not too cold.
All of the people I've hated to come to my side and say they are sorry. All the people I've loved to come together, hold hands and celebrate.

I'd like to cure world hunger and suffering before I go. Establish strong animal rights that protect the innocent little buggers.

Other than that, maybe finish off a bottle of tequila and just not wake up.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gbvkdo

I don't really know HOW I want to die. Sometimes I think it would be best to drift off to sleep and never wake up. No fanfare or fuss, I say! I know what I don't want: drown or burn alive.
Both of those don't necessarily APPEAL to me.

-Anna

Never thought about it.
Ideal conditions: painless, carried off in a teleport to the next life
Accomplishments:
- an epic poem
- a beautiful garden created in Virginia
- several camping trips done with closest friends

It really doesn't matter, when I go, I go - it will be time. What matters is what I do with the time while I'm here.

This, pretty much.

As for my remains, I'd probably want to leave it to my loved ones to decide. I'd prefer if the body was made useful somehow and not just made to sit and take up space.

Get burned to ashes and become a tree. Doubly romantic.

Topic: In the least expected way possible. And, God willing, with a gorgeous woman beside me.

I don't want to die.
I want to live until there is no more air to breath, people to just walk up to unexpectedly and hug and hold and scream hello to. I want to be here when time stops. I want to look back at the history of the universe, a trillion years from now and know I was here for it all.
And I want all of you to be with me everyday until that time comes.
I don't want you to die

I desire greatly to be mauled to death by bears.

I'd like to die helping the human existence in some way... doesn't matter how.

Maybe I'll even help the cause down the line... Of course this option would only be valid if we one day realize our potential. If those circumstances don't yet exist I'd like to go in some altruistic fasion.

I would also hope that I was given the chance to let my family know that I love them... so I can go in "relative" peace.