How do you view your weight? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How do you view your weight?

according to my bandmates im pretty skinny (all of whom are overweight..go figure), but i do smoke and have an active daily routine, both of which probably contribute to this. always had a pretty intense metabolism anyway and i don't see the sense in being self conscious about something more comfortable people wouldn't care about anyway. besides it earned me a sweet nickname

images

i am what I am...I am who I am.

I feel sometimes that my weight is a big mask...hiding the real me inside.

I try not to let it get to me.

I work out, A LOT.

I eat only meals made from scratch every day.

fat load a good it does me, I lost 4 lbs this year...and a half inch.

I cant say I am content, but I accept it...how about that?

Agree.

according to my bandmates im pretty skinny (all of whom are overweight..go figure), but i do smoke and have an active daily routine, both of which probably contribute to this. always had a pretty intense metabolism anyway and i don't see the sense in being self conscious about something more comfortable people wouldn't care about anyway. besides it earned me a sweet nickname

images

You realise Skeletor was gay right?

I been called anorexic by many, and that I need to gain more weight. I am however, perfectly happy with my weight. I already also eat quite a bit, I am just naturally small framed.

I'm not terribly pleased with my weight, but I also know that there's not a heck of a lot more I could do to change it; it is what it is, and eating healthy plus exercising is the best I can do with it. So, I'm not worried.

Right now I'm limiting my carbs (less than 40 per day, I suspect) and I've chosen not to eat any processed foods, any grains, or sugars (natural or processed). It's doing me well enough. I just wish my skin would clear up a bit. :m080:

i am a big person - almost 300 pounds. it's funny, i don't "feel" how large i am until i see myself in a picture, or try to do something that requires flexibility and lightness.

everyone in my family is quite big. i think it has to do with genetics and emotional issues. i think my siblings and i were all kind of sensitive children and we grew up with a violent family member. lots of anger and uncertainty in the household. not a lot of emotional nurturing but my mom was wonderful at nurturing with favorite foods etc. so, i understand all of the reasons for it.

now, in our forties and fifties it seems we are all trying to create a healthier life. eating lots of vegetables and fruit, grains and lean protein. cutting back on salt and processed things. having regular exercise. i don't know if i or any of us will ever be slender. but i think we're just hoping more for things like stamina, flexibility, heart health.

i tend to be drawn more toward curvy or "softer" looking people. they seem more warm and approachable to me although i realize that's probably a stereotype. i do think they feel nicer to cuddle with than people with a lot of sharp angles.

I need to gain weight, that much I know. I do not eat enough as I simply don't "think" to eat when I need to; it's easier to put it off. I'd very much like to build muscle
For now, I am honestly content with my weight.

+1. though, i probably eat a little more than you.

I'm fortunate enough not to have any issues, health or otherwise, that would compromise my ability to gain or lose weight. I could probably stand to lose about 5 - 8 vanity pounds, but I know all I have to do is stop being such a glutton and resist the call of those Oreo cookies in the kitchen cupboard. At this point, my size doesn't have that much of a hold over my self-esteem anymore.

Hmmm, I have always been overweight and as of now, I would be considered morbidly Obese. I kind of want to lose, but I like my curves and don't want to lose those, well my breasts that is,. I have always been told that I hold my weight well and What's Ironic is that everytime, I gain weight, people always think I've lost weight. For instance, my sophomore year of High school, I was the heaviest I have ever been in my life at that point at 230 lbs, wearing a size 22, but now I am 260 and wear an 18.

Another thing that gets me is how I managed to go from 110 to 180 b/w fourth and fifth grade. I assume that was my puberty weight gain, and I was still relatively thin so it didn't bother me as much back then, but I just kept gaining until I reached 215 at the start of high school, and steadily gained, but I have been wearing pretty much the same size clothes since eighth grade, regardless of my weight.

My doctors have never told me that i need to "diet" or "lose weight". In fact the only people who have told me that I needed to lose weight are all the boys who've teased me about it in grade school, and my 7th grade gym teacher. Sure, I weighed 204, but I was just as in shape as the other girls in my class, excluding the athletes, and I was stronger than they were as well.

I excercise at the gym fairly often, but i have been slacking lately because of homework (blegh) so I am trying to get back on track lol. And I am trying to bring my lunch/snacks to school so I won't be tempted to make unhealthy choices.

As far as weight loss goals go, the only thing I am interested in losing is my tummy, but I would like to be a size 10 when I am done with med school. I think that is a goddd long-term goal to shoot for.

Weight wise, I think I am pretty healthy, I work out a lot, I keep being surprised by people who think I am more into it than I am. I was visiting an old church recently, and one person asked me if I was a professional weightlifter, I was like "whaaaa?"

I'm relatively skinny. I have never been concerned about my fitness until I started dancing two years ago. I have always hated gymming, but now I have found something that works for me; I do a short 5-10 minutes excercise lifting weights and doing push/sit-ups two times a day, in the morning and in the evening. I also drink a (soy) protein smoothie with that. That actually works great. I'm losing fat and gaining muscles without any big preceived effort.

I love to dance with slightly roundish women, though. They often have a more soft movement pattern than the skinny, more fit and explosive girls. The best dance I ever had was this summer at the Herr

I wish I could have some more fat on my face - to make it look less severe.

I am always surprised when I look in the mirror - I just do not look as gentle/kindly as I feel - my reflection is almost a stranger to me.

Weight wise I feel very comfortable with myself. Most of the people in my family are naturally lean. When I say that, I mean I can eat pretty much anything for an extended period of time, gain a couple pounds at the most, and drop them within 2 or 3 weeks without any effort on my part.

Right now, I could probably stand to gain a couple pounds in "muscle" mass. I'm a pretty gangly fellow and I've never looked super "buff", but I haven't been super active the past year or so. After having knee-surgery last summer and having been bed-ridden for two weeks this past spring, I'm just not as active as I used to be. When I did landscaping I was decently in-shape and I wouldn't mind my defined abs back. I'm considering picking up distance biking though! I did a 12 mile ride yesterday and I'm making plans to do the trip again later this week.