How do you view your weight? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How do you view your weight?

In pounds, usually; if I'm feeling kinky, I might use kilos.

Reactions: Nixie
I never really took muck notice of my weight.
in my head 67.2 KG versus 180 cm in height = around 20-ish BMI
All as I am growing up and now, my family is a line of heavy warrior traditionalists. I learnt to fight the Montealto way and thats probably kept me reasonably fit and healthy.
So fight training versus lipo. I'd go with lipo honestly... but then again I am Batshit Crazy...:meye:

When I was a teenager, I was 6'3", 135 pounds which is really skinny to say the least. I was self conscious about it but over the years I managed to bulk up a lot until I topped out around 210. With that process came a small gut (you always have to eat more calories than you burn) which I am currently in the process of losing by doing cardio and dieting. It should take me another 6 weeks to reach that goal and I'll probably be around 175 to 180. It's weird because I'm about 190 right now and I feel skinny ...I can't imagine a time when I weighed 55 pounds less than I do now. Jeez.

Anyway, I'm not vain in the sense of obsessing about every single pound nor do I preen in the mirror but I do like to look healthy and strong and, more importantly, BE healthy and strong. Currently, I am happy with my weight other than, again, wanting to lose about 10 pounds around my waist.

Old thread... :bump: But I didn't want to start a new one, so... :rolleyes:

I have binge eating problems, even though I know that junk food don't fix my problems, it's a very short ''feeling of relief'' lol.

Currently doing everything I can so I don't need to be overweight anymore. Which means that I have to heal my broken mind before anything else and find new ways to make myself feel better without eating the bad stuff.

I was normal weight one year ago, slim/normal (even though I thought I was fat, what the...!!).

This was my weight one year ago:
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-36809-body-shape.htm?StartAt=62
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-41042-body-shape.htm?StartAt=106

or then weight moved -/+ 5 kg sometimes, but it wasn't so bad really. :p
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-31991-body-shape.htm
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-37101-body-shape.htm?StartAt=29

and now. ><''
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-47819-body-shape.htm?StartAt=2
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-24539-body-shape.htm?StartAt=130

I've lost -6kg now by far, still a long way to go but I need to remind myself that this is a slow process and it takes time to change old habits.

It's honestly super weird to be this chunky since I've been slim/petite my whole life. :( It doesn't help either that I'm only 5'2''/158 cm shorty.

3 years ago... (my real photo, those others aren't)
View attachment 25543

^ My goal weight... *sighs*

I have never been ok with my weight till earlier this year. I got 10 kilos fatter, but I have been losing them little by little. My goal is to be where I was before that. I'm 50 kilos now and I want to be 46. It's just a matter of time, I'm not doing any fast diet or hard workout.

To the ones strugling with weight: Don't hate yourself and your body but don't give up. Eat healthier till your full and start doing any kind of exercise, make it a habit. Have patience losing weight it has to be slow to be healthy and don't regain it.

Right, this post is being edited out. : )

Last edited:
I like my weight right now. My bmi is 19. At 5'2", 106lbs., I am trying not to lose any more but that is more difficult than I thought it would be. I used to weigh 20 lbs. more but that never felt right. I never got too down about it because I had kids and knew I would get back into shape one day.
Boy howdy, did I get back into shape! Once I decide something I have control over is going to happen, I make it happen.

I like my weight right now. My bmi is 19. At 5'2", 106lbs., I am trying not to lose any more but that is more difficult than I thought it would be. I used to weigh 20 lbs. more but that never felt right. I never got too down about it because I had kids and knew I would get back into shape one day.
Boy howdy, did I get back into shape! Once I decide something I have control over is going to happen, I make it happen.
Good on ya.

Close to 6'2 and 160 lbs. I'm a bit skinny for my standards, by complexion i always weighed a bit more than usual, regardless of how skinny i may look, it's quite weird. Used to weight close to 200 when i was in highschool though. Got skinny incredibly fast at one point.

I've lost a little weight in the past few weeks, but still on the "curvy" side. :D But since my face is round, or slighly oval-ish, there's a part of me that will always feel overweight even if I lose more weight. I think this culture's obsession with thin has made even the most normal, averaged sized person feel as if they're overweight when they're perfectly fine and healthy.

I have no clue what I weigh, but that's on purpose so I don't think about it.

I don't really view my weight at all lately, but recently I got 2 pair sexy jeggins and my legs kinda like toothpicks.

Reactions: Scientia
I used to be underweight but after I quit smoking I became normal. I used to have almost no body fat and I never really liked that. I have a small build and it just makes me look like a waif.

How do you view your weight whether thinner, bigger, etc. . . . ?
Overweight

Do you see yourself / your weight the way others do?
No

Do you have weight goals? Gain or lose?
lose.

Do you see your weight as having a direct influence on your identity or personality, or do you see it as distinct from who you are as a person?
It eats away at my confidence and puts a more negative view on my self image.

Reactions: Wyote
A retro thread indeed.

I view my weight, frame, and stature as a wonderful blessing. I've been gifted with the ability to change my circumstances, provided that I'm willing to put in the time and effort in order to do so. I realize, and greatly appreciate such circumstances. I do not however, think that my poundage has a direct influence on my personal identity. That being said, I'm a motivated guy, and I do take it as a personal challenge to never sport one of those "Dad Bods" I keep hearing about in polite conversation. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with that body type, but personally, I plan on remaining at a certain zombie-prepared level of fitness. It's also a gift to my future wife.

Last edited:
This is pretty hard to write.

I've always felt too fat. I always feel disgusting. My weight is perfectly normal, and I'm mostly on the skinny side. This spring I gained 5 pounds and carved an "F" into my right thigh with a razor to remind myself that I'll always be fat. I regret it immensely now, and I don't think that it will ever go away.

Reactions: PintoBean and hush
This is pretty hard to write.

I've always felt too fat. I always feel disgusting. My weight is perfectly normal, and I'm mostly on the skinny side. This spring I gained 5 pounds and carved an "F" into my right thigh with a razor to remind myself that I'll always be fat. I regret it immensely now, and I don't think that it will ever go away.

Respect man, for being able to write this, I understand the feeling all too well.
I think what mostly triggered it for me was the fact that whilst I was not truly fat, I was less skinny because I had a bit more babyfat then my classmates, and as a kid I would be getting remarks about that from other kids (even though there were kids worse off then me)

Also just like a lot of women complain about ads only showing near anorexic skinny girls, I believe we men face the same problem. Somewhere in our subconcious we've become too critical of our natural shapes when they do not fit the ideal shown in the media.

Now a days, I still rarely take pictures because I honestly feel ashamed for having a little more extra then the norm.. I'm doing my best to fix that though but it's a work in progress.

I've had overweight people lash out at me too, some think I don't get anywhere near the bad treatment they do, they don't realize it goes both ways, I've ben told I am ugly because I'm so boney. People don't seem to realize that for a few, we are born naturally very thin.

I have gotten used to myself over the years but am still very self conscious. I realize though that there are thousands of people way worse off than me, people living with burns and disfigurements, that puts it all into perspective. I am what I am, what a shame society is so rigid and unaccepting and dictates to us what is deemed as desirable. On rare occasions people say nice things, I've been told that I look "ethereal" (hence the username, lol) and I'm like a faery. I like to think I'm half elven and somehow got stuck in the wrong realm.

I'm a guy, and had the same struggles growing up. It got to the point where I hated my body enough that I started burning myself to create scars. Some of them were pretty deep and so they are still with me today in my 30s. I don't really care about them now as I'm beyond all of that, but they do make a good reminder for someone like myself who doesn't really factor in feelings on things before I speak that words can hurt just as much as they heal.

Fast forward to today. I am 5'6" and hover at 140 pounds, with 8% body fat. I have never been able to really "add" on weight, and so I exercise religiously to maintain muscle mass to feel better about myself. I enjoy the taste of food, but I have never really cared for it beyond using it as fuel. I can get so intensely drawn into what I am doing/working/thinking on that I can forget to eat at times until I am dizzy.

I have also found that very obese people tend to be the cruelest when it comes to smaller framed people and being judgmental. I have found that returning fire doesn't work as well as challenging the offender to a series of challenges at my gym. I actually carry complimentary passes in my wallet, so they can put their muscle where their mouth is.

My weight game is on point, yo.