How do you know you're INFJ? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do you know you're INFJ?

I learnt I'm definitely not INFJ just lurking this board. Either that or most people here have been mis-typed. I don't know what I am though, probably INFP, but I have more investigation to do.

I find the tests pretty useless. At best they regurgitate what you think you are and want to be.

I think the best way is to know what type you are is by understanding your cognitive processes (says the guy who doesn't know what type he is).

I learnt I'm definitely not INFJ just lurking this board. Either that or most people here have been mis-typed. I don't know what I am though, probably INFP, but I have more investigation to do.

I find the tests pretty useless. At best they regurgitate what you think you are and want to be.

I think the best way is to know what type you are is by understanding your cognitive processes (says the guy who doesn't know what type he is).

This can help sort you out:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html

I really fell for a girl that's ENTP. Well, the past few months. All I can say is, never again. I'd like to find an ENFP.

Thanks. I completed it and the result was Ne>Fi>Te>Si (ENFP). I'm skeptical though. I agree that I use Fi, Ne and Si regularly but I still can't determine for myself which of all the processes were natural to me and which were learned. I think only introspection and time will help me at this point.

You know I think it's fine that I'm not really sure which I am. I'm still young, I probably haven't developed most of my functions whether they be natural or not.

I'm pretty sure I'm INFJ, mostly because of description and this forum. I could also be INFP, I guess, but in my most natural, stress-free state, INFJ is the one that fits the best, and that's the one I'll go with :)

I have done every single test, and every result is different. I'm honestly not so sure if I'm an INFJ. The descriptions are just too vague, and there are some things that apply, but isn't that the way with every description?

I'd love to be categorized, (that sounds a bit bad) but what I'm trying to say, is that I wish for a placement. I want to know for sure that I am this or that. It's more than a little annoying. I used to think MBTI was kind of strange, and I was somewhat against it. There are billions of people in the world and only a small amount of personality types. And when someone says something like, "You can't find another person like me," I think to myself..."Are you sure about that?"

Sure percentages vary, but ....yeah. I don't know what I'm saying anymore. I'm confusing myself, and I'm one big contradiction. :m095:

I test as:

INFJ
INTP
INTJ

The best thing to do is probably not stress over it, for anyone still searching. You are who you are - you be who you be. :)

To be is to do
To do is to be

Do be do be do...

HAHAHA! I have to quote you on that! :D

;) Awww...I wish I could take credit for it. But I picked it up from somewhere - can't remember where at the moment. It could've been "Night Court" or Kurt Vonnegut...

Lol, I read that on a flair on facebook :B

hmmm im introverted because people drain me. im N because i see a soda can for it's possibilities (caffeine, sugar, stacking, etc.) not for what it is - a red can. im F because I consider people before the problem at hand. because im sensitive and sometime my empathy hurts. and im J because im completely OCD about cleaning, being on time, and planning ahead.

I prayed a little prayer and asked Meyers-Briggs to come into my heart.

Aside from repeatedly testing as an INFJ in various places, I've also done extensive introspection on the matter. My father is an INFP and I on rare occassions have tested as INFP, but I know myself to not be P because I have always been very concerned with being on time and planning in advance and knowing the order of things. My best friend growing up was INTP and I found him quite hilarious but always a bit critical and lacking heart. I do swing toward other types depending on the circumstance, but overall I have found the INFJ description to be by far the most accurate when it comes to my way of operating.

I live my life being an introverted intuitive, relying a lot on my gut feeling about things and I do love the company of others (on an individual basis mostly) all while using a bit of internal logic to problem solve and appreciating my surroundings when it benefits me.

I had a period of doubt about my typology for a while; I tested as INFJ several times, and then I had a major geographical shift (back home from foreign exchange), and it suddenly changed. I retested as an INFJ again, and now that I think about it, one of the main reasons my type may have shifted was because that time was very busy, very stressful, and slightly desensitizing.
In other words, in my natural state when I can think and ponder freely without stress overload, I am INFJ. I feel closest to the description, and I relate with a lot of the topics here, so I don't really doubt that; I could ask some friends, but I think only my sister could give a really accurate answer because she's the only one that really knows me.
But under stressful circumstances when I CAN'T just let my mind wander on the universe around me because I'm too busy worrying, I think my personality shifts a little.
Also, I tested as an INTJ after a series of math and language tests, but I think that's pretty self-explanatory.
Does anyone else relate or agree with the idea of outside conflict effecting personality?

gloomy-optimist, You have impelled my first reply on this forum.
Outside, and even inside, conflict affects many different things. Our reactions to these instances often override our "comfort zone" type reactions. A specific reaction to a specific situation does not mean a person's personality has changed, while it can surely show a different side of us. Outside influences during youth can definitely influence our personalities, and can sometimes drive us deeper into places we feel more comfortable. Most of us see with two eyes; yet, we have a dominant eye.
An eye patch or occluder over our dominant eye makes us use the other eye, but does not change the fact which is our dominant. We are what we are and change we do, though most of us like the same fluffed out pillow every night if we can have it. Glad to see you are an optimist. Let us help with the gloom should you wish to.
If I may quote a friend...If you think I'm wrong, you may be right.

I am having doubts now if i am truly an INFJ or not. I honestly think that testes are not helpful when it comes to typing one's personality/thought process, but it is worth a try. 3 tests came out telling me that I'm INFj but I am not too convince. Now, I am researching MBTI in dept to type myself. Who is better to type myself than myself? Well, I am not 100% if i am INFJ.

If one doesn't see oneself in the mirror when reading about infj descriptions, why not take the needed time to read about all the other types and descriptions? It was a personal relief when reading about the infj for me.
It wasn't even a bit close to reading horoscopes for the day. I was quite impressed with all the details; relieved with the likenesses. It was not like being close to this or that. It was more like hitting the nail on the head. There may be many that are close to two types in one respect or more. It is my guess it could be possible, but who am I to say?
The greatest thing about finding out about these types and those types was and is the knowledge people may act differently and respond differently and it is alright. Accepting people as they are can be done with much better understanding.

I prayed a little prayer and asked Meyers-Briggs to come into my heart.

HA! ::loves you to pieces::

I keep testing Infj. At first I tested Infp (like three times), but now I always test infj. It fits way better, but some of the infp stuff fits too.

I took a test, and reading the results, the description, was like someone wrote a book about me - things no one else could know.

I took the MBTI my freshman year in college when I went for career counseling and I got INFP.. But after a two and a half year long series of unfortunate events I seem to consistently test either INFJ or INTJ. In order to establish peace of mind and independence I had to gain a tight rein on my emotions in order to cope otherwise I would have been a complete basketcase.

As a result, though.. I'm not as vulnerable to my surroundings. I don't feel as intensely as I did before and I've lost much of that poetic worldview. I don't notice beauty as much and I feel I'm a less creative person. I miss that. It was as if my greatest weakness was my greatest strength and I 'sold out' that beautiful visceral existence to avoid the pain.

But I only took the test professionally once and like I said, it was INFP. All those other times were just internet tests I took. I also tested myself from that "Please Understand Me" book and got INFJ. So I'm not sure what the hell type I am. But I miss being INFP..

Last edited: