How do you know you're INFJ? | INFJ Forum

How do you know you're INFJ?

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
A test? Free online or the full one? Introspection?

Are you sure of your type?

What defines an INFJ?

Personally, I'm not so sure I am.

I think INFJ must be one of the most commonly mistyped, I believe there are a lot of people who think they are INFJ and actually aren't and a lot of people who think they are some other type and are actually INFJ.

What do you think?

I'm pretty certain I'm an INFJ because all the tests say so, and the descriptions just fit me so well...

I think I've done every online test available and it always comes out INFJ and after reading all the type descriptions I only relate to this one. Since joining here I feel validated that there are others like me and I've never felt that before.
What other type do you think you might be Stone?
haha ShaiGar.

Ditto...I did the test several times (not on-line) and I always come up INFJ. All the descriptions fit well, too. That said, much has been written on the variables within an MBTI type, so that would mean we can still seem very different on our outlooks and behaviors.

I have only done the free ones...and have done several...the descriptions fit me to a T also...So yea Im pretty sure..

Actually after much research and meditation on things, along with a test, but I don't place much merit to test, I discovered I wasn't NT and actually an NF, I mistook my calm demeanor as a lack of feeling. I didn't lack feeling, I just had an unusually thick shell it takes a lot to get an emotional response from me, mostly because I save those for people I truly care for.

I've done the tests, the introspection, and pretty much the whole 10 yards and the conclusion I have reached is that "INFJ" is a pretty arbitrary category. I've tested as every INXX type there is, as well as ENFJ, and even ISTJ once. I can relate with any of those at certain moments in time.

Silently Honest said:
Actually after much research and meditation on things, along with a test, but I don't place much merit to test, I discovered I wasn't NT and actually an NF, I mistook my calm demeanor as a lack of feeling. I didn't lack feeling, I just had an unusually thick shell it takes a lot to get an emotional response from me, mostly because I save those for people I truly care for.

Even though I put myself as an INTJ, I consider my being mistyped as another possibility for the same reason mentioned above. And I am not so sure of my Te. It seems it's Ti rather than Te. That's another reason.

I think mistyping is part of journey to know more of oneself, so if one doubts one's own type, he/she should do so and have time to know more about himself/herself.....

Satya said:
I've done the tests, the introspection, and pretty much the whole 10 yards and the conclusion I have reached is that "INFJ" is a pretty arbitrary category. I've tested as every INXX type there is, as well as ENFJ, and even ISTJ once. I can relate with any of those at certain moments in time.

Just consider yourself to be a well rounded individual. :D

INFJ's fit me. I did one for computer programmers the other day and came out an INTJ. Looking at that and INFJ.. I think I'm mostly INFJ.... with some T in me. One site had INFJ career as listed one way with no mention on IT. The site where this forum button is... DOES list IT. INTJ does seem to have a lot of computer programming with that and that makes me smile. And personalities in INTJ and INFJ are quite a bit alike. But then I generally like being thought of as rare and right so that puts me in the INFJ category. ;)

I was mistyped a lot before as an INTJ, I suppose because that's how guys are supposed to be. And as I surfed INTJforums.com (or net?) I began to realize I don't feel much like an INTJ. It was when I discovered iNFJ-ism that I found my place! :D

sumone said:
I think I've done every online test available and it always comes out INFJ and after reading all the type descriptions I only relate to this one. Since joining here I feel validated that there are others like me and I've never felt that before. What other type do you think you might be Stone?

Hmmm INTJ, INTP, INFP maybe even ENFJ (with social anxiety instead of introversion).

Living with an ESFJ often makes me feel very T and very P.

Stone said:
sumone said:
I think I've done every online test available and it always comes out INFJ and after reading all the type descriptions I only relate to this one. Since joining here I feel validated that there are others like me and I've never felt that before. What other type do you think you might be Stone?

Hmmm INTJ, INTP, INFP maybe even ENFJ (with social anxiety instead of introversion).

Living with an ESFJ often makes me feel very T and very P.
My sister is one (ESFJ) she makes me more T and even more J.

Well, here's what I've decided. It's pretty much down to independent study for me. I'm pretty sure I'm an INFP. Whenever I take my usual favourite -- the cognitive functions test at http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/asses ... urvey.html , I always see Fi as my top function, followed by Ne, Ni, and Fe in any order, meaning that I approach INFx or INFJ more likely than any other type. Interestingly enough, Ne and Fi tied for top spot last time, perhaps indicating some xNFP qualities.

However, if the MBTI were more like an enneagram, I think INFJ would represent my arrow of growth (like a 4 moving towards a 1), even if it's not my core type. I feel I can say things to NFJs that I can't say to anyone else on Earth, and I like who I am better when I'm with them. Fi and Ne are a bit too goofy to pilot my ship by themselves, whereas Ni/Fe tend to come up with more workable solutions to everyday problems.

Yeah, so I don't know that I can help Stone, just did the cognitive processes test again and now I'm ISFP :roll:

The only thing I can suggest, as someone who consistently screws up the tests, is go by the descriptions, you know your inner thoughts and feelings best and if you relate to INFJ then you probably are.

Lurker said:
The only thing I can suggest, as someone who consistently screws up the tests, is go by the descriptions, you know your inner thoughts and feelings best and if you relate to INFJ then you probably are.

I suppose considering how our inner worlds are supposed to be so complex and deep, it would make sense that an INFJ might struggle to define themselves so rigidly?

Intuition tells me I'm INFJ.

qwertski said:
You know you're INFJ if you fall for an ENXP! :p
Ooooh, I love ENFPs does that mean I can be INFJ? :?

ShaiGar said:
INTJs fall for ENFPs
INFJs fall for ENTPs
Yup, usually works that way. Love the ENFPs :D

Same with;
INTJ --> INFJ
INTP --> INFP

*winks at INFJs* ;)

I take is Mrs Qwertski is not fully typed yet, as in unknown x in ENxP?

I didnt....I fell for an ISTx (p or j it fluxuates as does S and N but mostly S)