how do you feel at concerts? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

how do you feel at concerts?

Worse!
....ColdPlay..

Coldplay are cool. They have a lot of vocal haters but record sales indicate not everyone feels that way. Just seems like they're the band to hate atm by those who don

He-e-ey-yy...I *like* Coldplay! :(

I told you I'm old...

But I like a lot of eclectic and obscure bands too.

Last edited:
The only concert I've been to is Iron Maiden back in February. I really enjoyed the concert (hell, the feeling of being in the same room as Iron Maiden is phenomenal). However, I din't like the pushing and shoving from the crowd (I'm too gentle to be a stereotypical metalhead :lol:). I started near the front-centre and end up moving back 20 rows and to the side after the first song. I think next time I'll get seats so that I can see the entire band and enjoy it without being pushed around.

My advice is let your friend know before hand that you want to "mosh", ask them if they'd feel comfortable alone for a few minutes. Maybe just do it for a song or two. Show them that it can be fun (unless it's full of dicks just out to hurt people), maybe they will surprise you and join you!

I say warn your friend before hand that you want mosh and just feel it out at the show and go with the flow.

I agree with minority funk. Also, try to avoid rough spots (where people think that moshing is about inflicting as much bodily harm on others as possible). Maybe stay near the sides at first so that she can escape easily if it gets too much for her.

I like the local bands and if I can listen outside I am fine. I don't mind the dancing, it is just so loud. I can't be around too many flashing lights. I enjoy good jazz or blues. I am always up for symphony and opera. It depends on my mood and also as I said how loud and flashing lights.

I've been to 4 of the unruly types of concerts. Avenged Sevenfold, Sepeltura, Papa Roach, and Sevendust. I've been wanting to get into a Breaking Benjamin concert, but I never have time off when they happen to come through the area(The closest place that any bands will go is about 200 miles away.) The place I go to is always almost completely packed, and pretty much the entire crowd gets into it, with a bit of space in the center of it for those really nuts people.

Everyone seems surprised when I tell them I go into the mosh pit. It's the only way you'll make it to the front anyways, might as well enjoy the fluidity of the crowd. Heck, given my low weight, I even body surf sometimes. Its an odd thing, I can switch off my person sensitivity for concerts and just get into the music.

Now I'll have to go check whats coming up at playmakers and see if I can get some time off. I'll see if my dad's up for it too(he lives only about an hour away, and goes to quite a bit more than I do.) Woulda liked to have been at this one.

When it comes to other jazz or wind ensemble concerts, I'm usually playing in them.

Last edited:
I've been to 4 of the unruly types of concerts. Avenged Sevenfold, Sepeltura, Papa Roach, and Sevendust. I've been wanting to get into a Breaking Benjamin concert....

I've seen Breaking Benjamin 4 times now. They are an AWESOME live concert!

IMO, the true measure of a band is how good they sound live.

Last edited:

IMO, the true measure of a band is how well they sound live.

Your opinion is right. Anyone can sound amazing in a studio if they have enough money, the live show aspect is where the real talent is showcased.

Coldplay are cool. They have a lot of vocal haters but record sales indicate not everyone feels that way. Just seems like they're the band to hate atm by those who don’t want to look like they’re into mainstream commercial music, I tell you, they can take anyone else's riffs and turn them into a commercial sucess like no one else!
Really? I think they're kinda boring... The majority of their songs sound the same to me. And who f'n cares about their record sales? That makes them good??? The ticket was free and I figured 'what the hell?' It was still fun.

Last edited:
Really? I think they're kinda boring... The majority of their songs sound the same to me. And who f'n cares about their record sales? That makes them good??? The ticket was free and I figured 'what the hell?' It was still fun.

I'm just happy that Iron Maiden beat Coldplay for Best British Live Act at the Brit Awards. :m114:

Reactions: acd
I can't stand Concerts where people are loud and unruly and screaming or talking or cheering or singing along. I go to listen to the band. That's why I download music instead of going to shows. I want to hear the music, not the jubilation of the peons around me.

My ideal concert is an opera or orchestra where I have box seats and the music is what is the focus. Or a jazz bar where people are moderately quiet.

I also enjoyed the Queensland Irish Association band on Wednesday nights where people just brought an instrument and sat around a table playing, there were no sheet musics, just a rhythm and it was fantastic.

Reading Shai Gar's post saved me time typing.

100% in agreement.

actually, I think I behave pretty "wild", I mean, I just get so excited whe it's a band I love that I keep screaming and jumping and everything (and I get upset when people don't look as excited as meh :))

You know I like the idea of a concerts but I find its just to much its like being overloaded and you can't really get a break form it usually.

I really like outdoor concerts. I saw Oz fest one year and it was great. We where fair back which sucked but it wasn't so hard on the ears (I hear really well becasue I can't see well, so I have senstive hearing).

IMO, the true measure of a band is how good they sound live.

No fair but ya they are pretty damn aweosme.lol

The only concert I've been to is Iron Maiden back in February. I really enjoyed the concert (hell, the feeling of being in the same room as Iron Maiden is phenomenal). However, I din't like the pushing and shoving from the crowd (I'm too gentle to be a stereotypical metalhead :lol:). I started near the front-centre and end up moving back 20 rows and to the side after the first song. I think next time I'll get seats so that I can see the entire band and enjoy it without being pushed around.

I agree with minority funk. Also, try to avoid rough spots (where people think that moshing is about inflicting as much bodily harm on others as possible). Maybe stay near the sides at first so that she can escape easily if it gets too much for her.

Ya I don't like shoving people either. I end up doing it because I want to keep my spot and not be pushed down or into a corner. I feel horrible about it.

Expect one time a guy was crowd suffering and I was in the front row and he tried to jump back up to go back from the front. The security guard was trying to stop him. I punched him in the gut. Because I wasn't not going to have him kick me in the head as he went over. He got no sympathy from me.lol

I hate that too. People crowd surf and you get people kicking in the head and or landing on you.

I admit I just have a really hard time meeting the flow and movement in a mosh pit.

And it so loud it usually makes me miserable. I hate that I can't deal with that loudness constantly.

I did when I first starting going to concerts but I don't go anymore mostly for that reason.\

I like the local bands and if I can listen outside I am fine. I don't mind the dancing, it is just so loud. I can't be around too many flashing lights. I enjoy good jazz or blues. I am always up for symphony and opera. It depends on my mood and also as I said how loud and flashing lights.

Same here it just to damn much.

Last edited:
Crowds, especially energetic ones, make me anxious. I can feel the electricity of the crowd even when it's just a mundane crowd in a city. It's only partly an issue of anonymity and more an issue of sensory overload. I don't care to go shopping either.

I go to classical, jazz, and experimental music concerts. Actually my best concert experience was at an experimental improv show I was involved with. The diversity of people there and the spirit of the place was one of the most accepting, peaceful, open environments I have ever been in. There was no pretentious air or pressure to behave in any particular way. On the last piece one of the members of the group I was with started dancing around in an *extremely* goofy manner to try to get the crowd going. Another performer ended their piece with their brightly striped socks sticking up in the air. There was also a rather large man on a swing. (I have not even begun to describe it) The whole thing was like being a kid again and completely threw off preconceived notions of any sort that a person might have.

I'm supposed to go see Dillinger in Chicago in June. Not really a big fan, not my kinda music. A bit too heavy for me. But it could be interesting. Has anyone seen them?

I feel amazing, I feel loved, I feel apart and a strong bond to every single one. We are ultimately there sharing the same passion for music, which makes us united. Its a feeling to die for. :love:

Just do your thing of what your vision tells you, and it will be absolutely fine :)

'Work like you don't need the money
Dance like no one is watching
Sing like no one is listening
Love like you have never been hurt'

Last edited:
Same perspective as pristine. I thrive on the energy and unity of the concert. Let loose of all inhibitions I try to enjoy it as much as possible. I went to lamb of god a month ago and even though it's a little harder than what I listen to (All that Remains, In Flames, etc is as hard as I go) I got into the center of the mosh pit and let loose. It was a blast.

I find them to be incredibly draining. The stress of arriving, people accompanying you, getting in the doors with either large obnoxious crowds or small obnoxious crowds, having the desire to get close but not without earning a few nasty glares or comments while hustling through, or during seated events: the awkwardness of finding my seat then worrying about when I should stand but disappointed when nobody else does so I can't follow a lead. God forbid I'm the only one in my stadium section standing!

No, I did concerts a lot in junior high/kick-off of high school and the local shows weren't much better because everybody's glaring at each other and as the local scene waltz goes, you dodge 'em stares and counter-act with blog posts. Wait, notice I haven't mentioned anything about the actual local music? Because my friends had rather stayed outside smoking for the duration! I hardly ever got to see crap. :m192:

Bitterness aside for my changed perspective in senior year, I'd have to say I do enjoy strictly festivals so much now. Reggaefest and Folk fest every year are a blast and Shambhala out in British Columbia could be summed up in their words as "what happens at shambhala doesn't stay at shambhala, it only happens here". I went to Bamboozle last year on the East coast and even for a parking lot venue, it was truly enjoyable. The outdoor freedom allows my anxious thoughts to calm the heck down. Or maybe it's because you can smoke whenever the hell ya want.:mhula:

Oh anomaly, try not to overthink/analyse your environment. If you feel like standing up with your hands in the air because something in the music gave you a buzz - DO SO and let it Shine! You might even happen to start the trend of people standing up ;) It will be the best thing you have ever experienced as you will have overcome a fear. Don't even look at your surroundings and if they happen to look at you smile :)

Oh anomaly, try not to overthink/analyse your environment. If you feel like standing up with your hands in the air because something in the music gave you a buzz - DO SO and let it Shine! You might even happen to start the trend of people standing up ;) It will be the best thing you have ever experienced as you will have overcome a fear. Don't even look at your surroundings and if they happen to look at you smile :)

Yes, I've gotten better with over-analyzing my environment, especially when I think about how I'd avoid dancing in public forums but these days I'll dance in any way, anywhere, anytime. (Well, almost.)

You're a dear, Pristinegirl but I will reserve my standing with my hands in the air for the smaller venues. I don't think I'll ever want to disrupt the folks seated around me at the stadium shows.