How do you envision God? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How do you envision God?

As a monster, soft and string like.... someone give me a... vision of the face of god!

p.s. it's also flying

I picture god as like a tree with a beard... tree beard >.>.......... and satan is like a pidgeon with a big coat that flashers wear......

lol jk, i'm agnostic, but its fun to think about... i just couldnt perceive the universe and my place in it? :m142:

but i guess... a spec?... just another object of mass..

I see god as a "source" more or less, not an actual being. As such, I see god as litereally everywhere with high and low presence depending on where you are. It a little hard for me to explain

This is a very brief representation of what 'god' means to me
there's much more that's uncaptured

new-baby-day-shes-born-flash-breaks-panic-sets-in-2928.jpg
First%20Day%20Wonder-A.jpg
Personal%20Growth.jpg
universe.jpg
rocky-mountains-poster.jpg
close_cone_forest.jpg

Awesome, Soulful! Those are wonderful representations :D

I don't try to guess what God is or isn't. There's spirituality, and there's organized religion; I've learned that one could very well exist without the other. God, on the other hand, is in a way a sort of essence to both; of course, it also depends on how one defines "God." Either way, one cannot expect to understand something they are only a very minuscule part of. A person trying to describe God...a person to God is like a pebble in comparison to Earth. You cannot understand the magnitude of what you're trying to describe.

There are many parallels to many religions. And then there is spirituality, which is hard to explain and even harder to find within. I think that God is the point, that point where no one truly knows or understand, where all of those connections somehow meet. I'm drawn most to the Christian God, but that may be how I was raised; there are also many historical findings that seem to fall back that theory some.

Even scientists can believe in a God. Creationism vs. Evolution....well, they describe two different things, don't they? Science can't determine how life began, but that's what Creationism tries to explain. And even if you don't believe in God, there's still spirituality, the presence of something within; you don't have to be religious to feel that.

Yes, I believe in a God, but who he/she/it is, what they want to accomplish, how they are to be; I have no clue. I don't think I ever will come close to knowing.

Hard to fathom. I have so many questions. But I can say that when I do envision God, I think of Jesus and how He was an unimpressive looking radical (I think it is in Isaiah where it is prophesied that Jesus is going to be unattractive and not 'kingly' or 'godly' looking in the least.) I'm always impressed at how it says when He was questioned and challenged by Herod and then Pilate He didn't defend himself.

A large energy ball on a throne of some sort in a huge pyramid.

I liked the explanation used in the movie based on the young man that put his heart and soul into playing for Notre Dame when he asked the priest. Anyone remember? I'll use that for a warmup.

If there is an Almighty, singular God, than he/she/it is literally everything. Good and bad. Love and hate. Dark and light. I've never been able to understand the idea that a being created everything, and set it in motion, with infinite wisdom and foreknowledge, but is totally and purely good. That's cutting God in half, and that isn't right.

No matter what religion you adhere to, there are stories of God crushing/killing/burning people who he/she disagrees with. Is this not a bad thing? If God wanted us to be robots, following the exact same pattern, then free will would not have been invented. God is both. Alpha....and Omega. Stop putting God in a box.

I don't picture god as a separate entity; I don't in fact think of god in terms of the word god. I interpret other people's use of the word god to mean the force, energy, or perhaps even process that goes into nature, the universe, infinity, and all other things that exist regardless of our own (human) existence.

I wrote a paper in college about the existence or non-existence of God and my argument was quite similar to this summary.

My relationship with the idea of God has been complex. My base experience of God, the one that feels most secure and essential, is some version of what ZenCat describes above.

I also have embedded in me a deeply abstract and philosophically rich Christian idea of God.

I feel a lot of pain in considering this question because the happiest, most secure, and wisest I've ever felt in my life was during my Catholic/Christian life. Yet when I reached a point of having to truly give up my life, I wouldn't/couldn't do it. I walked away.

I feel more authentic returning to my essential idea of God, but I also feel very lost and alone. I feel I have lost my direction.

I still see myself with humility. I envision being part of an experience larger than my individual self. I believe my work is to move toward being in unity with the whole of creation, but I have not yet discovered the spiritual language to communicate in if it is not Catholicism.

The absence of God.

You don't blame the light for dark existing, you simply turn on the light; darkness vanishes.

Well said.

......to the point, not meaning to edit anything, but wishing to focus on this part a moment....just me

I feel a lot of pain in considering this question because the happiest, most secure, and wisest I've ever felt in my life was during my Catholic/Christian life. Yet when I reached a point of having to truly give up my life, I wouldn't/couldn't do it. I walked away.

I feel more authentic returning to my essential idea of God, but I also feel very lost and alone. I feel I have lost my direction.

I still see myself with humility. I envision being part of an experience larger than my individual self. I believe my work is to move toward being in unity with the whole of creation, but I have not yet discovered the spiritual language to communicate in if it is not Catholicism.

"Yet, when I reached a point of having to truly give up my life, I wouldn't/couldn't do it. I walked away." unquote

I see this as an act of true submission, the act of giving up one's life. I see it as pouring a filled glass of water out, sitting it righted up onto a table, and asking God to fill it with Himself. The "wouldn't" part denotes a struggle I feel most everyone goes through when faced with denial of self.
I feel many people do not really fear letting go, but rather question why
they should have to if they were indeed made in the image of God. Submission is to me more of a relegance to a higher power regarding this issue. I also think there are few that have found themselves to this point in understanding the scriptures to even face this.
Finding oneself at the crossroads mentioned, there becomes a third choice in the path we must choose rather than just two. As long as there are just right and wrong we feel secure.
Another part of the scriptures evolved into this train of thought and questioning comes into play: Do I want God's spirit to dwell in me? I poured myself out, opened myself up, and my cup overfloweth. The life I was asked for I gave through much struggling, only to have it handed back to me with no condemnation. I became free from the burden of the law.
That said, the pictures seem to say more than my mere words could ever say.

Last edited:
"I went to God just to see, and I was looking at me"-MM

But for the most part I would go with Soulful's pictures.

I can see soulful's point in the pictures, but when I saw them nature came into my mind, not god.

I can see soulful's point in the pictures, but when I saw them nature came into my mind, not god.
wish I could add the pics again here.......
...because it is nature. Most pics in that sequence show the beauty of nature rather than the aftermath of hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, and the likes. But, I also see a sequence there; that of a newborn child, the growth of a child to the point of filling oneself with life, leading to the reaching out for God in the heavens. The realization of the vastness of that which is compared to our smallness yet explicit importance in the universe, which allows our view of the mountains next to the waters in a different perspective, leading to our new ability to see God in everything we see and do even in its simplest forms.

I so felt the need to edit and add the last picture shows somewhat of a path, leaving much to ponder about what it is, where it is, where it leads to, and how we got there in the first place. I also wish to add I see the evidence of love in the first picture.

Last edited:
As far as how I "envision" God, the mental picture I get is of something like static on an old TV. Except in 3 dimensions. A huge (infinitely huge), rushing, swirling, turbulent (almost violently so) field of energy which is constantly bubbling into and out of existence. And which permeates the entire Universe. Very similar to what ZC was saying.

But as far as what God "is," separate from a visual representation, I kind of think of the word "God" as a verb. "God" is becoming. Everything is constantly becoming itself, and that ever-creative force is God.

Well, I don't believe in god, but I do have the concept. It's not a visual picture. It's something grand, something that's abowe being a thing. It's a being of pure energy, just an overwhelming presence.