Homosexuality and Christianity II | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Homosexuality and Christianity II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't yet you fail to recognize that homosexual lifestyle and people are treated poorly and cannot go out in most places as a heterosexual couple does. This oppressive nature allows for an underground nature to form. This isn't unique to homosexuals but rather can be attributed to anyone who's sexual life is dictated by others and enforced harshly.

I do find it funny that you say this, since I do not believe that homosexuals should be oppressed. All I saw was to present an argument that had nothing to do with 'religious dogma' and I posted it. I has nothing to do with opressing anybody and in fact, I believe the Fred Phelep's types could go jump off a bridge, it would make the world a better place if they did.

You didn't yet you fail to recognize that homosexual lifestyle and people are treated poorly and cannot go out in most places as a heterosexual couple does. This oppressive nature allows for an underground nature to form. This isn't unique to homosexuals but rather can be attributed to anyone who's sexual life is dictated by others and enforced harshly.

Right. Having recently quit smoking, I can tell you that the stigma around those who smoke in some places - such as near shopping centres - is such that little ghettos form, where many a stubbed butt is found. A similar thing probably happens with homosexuals - stubbed butts included (sorry, couldn't help the pun).

I do find it funny that you say this, since I do not believe that homosexuals should be oppressed. All I saw was to present an argument that had nothing to do with 'religious dogma' and I posted it. I has nothing to do with opressing anybody and in fact, I believe the Fred Phelep's types could go jump off a bridge, it would make the world a better place if they did.

That link you used was useless at best, no sources or citations for the claims they have. Not even anecdotal evidence, just claims.

Your doggedness about homosexuals is irrelevant; go look into any group or thing that was suppressed. Alcohol was very dangerous and could kill you or poison you during prohibition when alcohol was oppressed.

That link you used was useless at best, no sources or citations for the claims they have. Not even anecdotal evidence, just claims.

Hummm, it was written by am MD for a gay and lesbian group, why would they want to make themselves look bad by lying?

Your doggedness about homosexuals is irrelevant; go look into any group or thing that was suppressed. Alcohol was very dangerous and could kill you or poison you during prohibition when alcohol was oppressed.

Drinking has not been shown to increase women's risk for cervical cancer, in fact, certian STD's (such as HPV) are more likely to do that. Smoking (as far as I can find) doesn't do this either (although I have read studies that show it does increase the risk for breast cancer).

Hummm, it was written by am MD for a gay and lesbian group, why would they want to make themselves look bad by lying?

I want to see the data and how they drew their conclusions. Methods matter. An oncologist who sees only gays in his office could claim gays are more likely to have cancer and it is probably FALSE.

Drinking has not been shown to increase women's risk for cervical cancer, in fact, certian STD's (such as HPV) are more likely to do that. Smoking (as far as I can find) doesn't do this either (although I have read studies that show it does increase the risk for breast cancer).

You missed the my point completely about how repressed ideals drive dangerous behavior.

I want to see the data and how they drew their conclusions. Methods matter. An oncologist who sees only gays in his office could claim gays are more likely to have cancer and it is probably FALSE.

In other words, you prefer to call a group, that is dedicated to helping gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and even transsexual's of finding medical care with some kind of agenda? Are you serious? Why on earth would a group liek this want to lie? Do you know how absurd this sounds?

You missed the my point completely about how repressed ideals drive dangerous behavior.

It is too bad that I said not one thing about repressing anything, I am merely stating a fact, a fact, which it seems you don't like so you'd rather accuse a gay and lesbian group of out and out, lying, rather than just admitting that homosexual behavior does lead to greater health risk. Why such a huge resistance? Do you not like what the facts say?

Actually, lesbian women often find themselves at a greater risk for breast cancer and Gynecological Cancer Don't believe me? Here is a link (written by a gay and lesbian group, so you can't throw it out as bias) that says just that.

How is it that being lesbian causes greater risk of getting cancer? I mean, is having sex somehow going to affect the cells in our body and therefore produce this kind of disease? No offense, but this is simply illogical. And since your link doesn't provide any information as to how this happens, I just would like some explanation.

I'm interested because I have a lesbian friend and if it's true what you're implying, than I would want to tell her of this.

How is it that being lesbian causes greater risk of getting cancer? I mean, is having sex somehow going to affect the cells in our body and therefore produce this kind of disease? No offense, but this is simply illogical. And since your link doesn't provide any information as to how this happens, I just would like some explanation.

I'm interested because I have a lesbian friend and if it's true what you're implying, than I would want to tell her of this.

HPV.

Being a lesbian doesn't CAUSE a greater risk for cancer.. straight women obviously contract this as well.
Just saying. Someone with the virus can spread it gay or straight, and it can turn cells abnormal and cancerous.

Last edited:

To be honest, I am not 100% sure of how this would happen. The best theory I can come up with is simply speculation, but it is interesting to note, nonetheless. However; it is posted by a gay and lesbian medical group, so I really don't think they would, out and out, lie about this.

HPV.

Being a lesbian doesn't CAUSE a greater risk for cancer.. straight women obviously contract this as well.
Just saying. Someone with the virus can spread it gay or straight, and it can turn cells abnormal and cancerous.

Hummm, I was thinking it was due to HPV as well. Anyway, it's true that being a lesbian, doesn't necessarly lead to cancer (just as fast driving doesn't necessarly lead to a car crash), but it is interesting that a gay and lesbian medical group would say that lesbians are at a greater risk of Gynecological Cancer.

Interesting to note that Satya's arguments in defense of homosexuality applies with equal validity to obesity.

It is not obesity itself that is a health risk but unhealthy behaviours that are the health risks.

Also much of the so called health risks come from the social stigma associated with each condition rather than the condition itself. Carrying a stigma is damaging to your health, fact!

Satya, I look forward to you joining le resistance against the war on the obese!

Last edited:
Reactions: Satya
Like not getting regular pap exams for cervical cancer or mammograms for breast cancer.

Pap exams or mammograms do not lead to less cancer. A women can have all of that done and still get cancer. They are not about prevention, they are about catching cancer early before it progresses beyond control.

Pap exams or mammograms do not lead to less cancer. A women can have all of that done and still get cancer. They are not about prevention, they are about catching cancer early before it progresses beyond control.

I am fully aware of that madam.... And, I'm pretty sure you're saying what I'm saying........
Because clearly, tests for such cancers could mean an early diagnosis and a good prognosis.

So now I'm totally confused as to what your point is.

I am fully aware of that madam.... And, I'm pretty sure you're saying what I'm saying........
Because clearly, tests for such cancers could mean an early diagnosis and a good prognosis.

So now I'm totally confused as to what your point is.

My point is this... not having a regular exam is not why they are having higher reported cases of cervical cancer. It is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.