Homosexuality and Christianity II | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Homosexuality and Christianity II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what is it! You brought it up, so what is the 'something else'?

Last edited:
Straight people sleep around.

And many also get themselves into a lot of trouble for it too. You can ask Clinton about that one went over.

Do you know if gay people actually have a higher incidence of being promiscuous?

It tends to be my experience that they tend to be more promiscuous and the higher cases of STD and STD related health issues does indeed back that conclusion up. Of course, that doesn't mean that it is impossible for them not to be promiscuous (becuase I know a few that are not), but more tend to be.

In other words, you prefer to call a group, that is dedicated to helping gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and even transsexual's of finding medical care with some kind of agenda? Are you serious? Why on earth would a group liek this want to lie? Do you know how absurd this sounds?

People have lied over less. They are the ones to gain if this is a lie(more medical visits etc). I do research. If I don't see methods or cannot find methods to determine how they did something then it is suspect at best. These are tall claims and they give no reasons at all...

It is too bad that I said not one thing about repressing anything, I am merely stating a fact, a fact, which it seems you don't like so you'd rather accuse a gay and lesbian group of out and out, lying, rather than just admitting that homosexual behavior does lead to greater health risk. Why such a huge resistance? Do you not like what the facts say?

A: your facts make no connection to homosexuality or rather you treat it as the end of the chain. Your facts have no data to substantiate your claims and stand on shaky medical ground that you have yet to elaborate on at best.

B: the respressed portion was an explanation to my asnwer to you initial question:
And what group is the most likely to pratice promiscuity and unprotected sex?

Which I answered, elaborate and gave a different example of repression causing dangers to arise:
anyone who would be oppressed by others

You didn't yet you fail to recognize that homosexual lifestyle and people are treated poorly and cannot go out in most places as a heterosexual couple does. This oppressive nature allows for an underground nature to form. This isn't unique to homosexuals but rather can be attributed to anyone who's sexual life is dictated by others and enforced harshly.

Your doggedness about homosexuals is irrelevant; go look into any group or thing that was suppressed. Alcohol was very dangerous and could kill you or poison you during prohibition when alcohol was oppressed.

As I said before come with claims that have data or keep your anecdotal "facts" to yourself or at least preface them as such.

And many also get themselves into a lot of trouble for it too. You can ask Clinton about that one went over.

So do you treat those whom are not strait edge church goers whom will not have familial or external backlash over their actions promiscuous as well?

It tends to be my experience that they tend to be more promiscuous and the higher cases of STD and STD related health issues does indeed back that conclusion up. Of course, that doesn't mean that it is impossible for them not to be promiscuous (becuase I know a few that are not), but more tend to be.

anecdotal; I could say that the two gay friends I know are not sleeping around compared to most of my guy friends who chaise tail like they're going to die the next day therefore being gay one would have a better moral compass as far as relationships go.

meh.

I have nothing to add, and I am not gonna bother to read this thread.

The point is, this topic shouldn't even be an issue. /end

meh.

I have nothing to add, and I am not gonna bother to read this thread.

The point is, this topic shouldn't even be an issue. /end

Then why did you post? You obviously have something to say.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Statement: Lesbians who sleep around get more cancer because women sleeping with other women somehow creates cancer.

Facts: *Lesbians have fewer medical exams because of social stigmas, and fewer health benefits (seeing as many providers to not cover a lesbian's partner)
*Lesbians smoke and drink, both of which are known to cause cancer
*It's less likely for a lesbian to have given birth, which is known to reduce cancer risks
*Many women contact their health-care providers about reproductive health. Being in the office more (for birth control) leads to more opportunities for preventive measures. Lesbians don't often use birth control, so they are in the office less. Thus less chance to catch something early on.
*HPV.

Conclusion:
Simply being a lesbian does not make one more susceptible to cancer, or increase cancerous odds. Following the lifestyle increases chances of cancer. The problem is not being a lesbian, the problem is the life some lead, which can effect anyone, it just so happens more lesbians may live such a lifestyle. So what do we do to prevent lesbian cancer risks? Educate.

Reactions: Kavalan and acd
"It is the elephant in the room. Nobody is going to ignore it. As long as Christians choose to condemn homosexuality I have every right to condemn Christians for their irrationality."
Two wrongs make a right then? I have come to understand that if you judge them back for what they do your no better. Why not take the high road? Join their church and show them how good you are. Show them that there is nothing too fear by you being gay. Being hostile towards people will always bring trouble your way. Setting the example and taking their shit is what it is all about. It shows that your a man of forgiveness not hate. I will argue that most christian are not christian. And that is from my own experience. Believing in Christ does not mean your saved from anything. Living a christian life is harder than they realize and like most people they take the parts they like and leave the rest. I feel as if your beating a dead horse hating them because they hate you. Seems like a huge waste of time to me. Who cares what they think anyway? I know I don't..

Reactions: Barnabas
"It is the elephant in the room. Nobody is going to ignore it. As long as Christians choose to condemn homosexuality I have every right to condemn Christians for their irrationality."
Two wrongs make a right then? I have come to understand that if you judge them back for what they do your no better. Why not take the high road? Join their church and show them how good you are. Show them that there is nothing too fear by you being gay. Being hostile towards people will always bring trouble your way. Setting the example and taking their shit is what it is all about. It shows that your a man of forgiveness not hate. I will argue that most christian are not christian. And that is from my own experience. Believing in Christ does not mean your saved from anything. Living a christian life is harder than they realize and like most people they take the parts they like and leave the rest. I feel as if your beating a dead horse hating them because they hate you. Seems like a huge waste of time to me. Who cares what they think anyway? I know I don't..

If I were a better man then I could do as you suggest, but I am petty. I take joy in showing ignorant people for what they are. I have been trying to change, but it isn't easy to let go of years of anger for the sake of the greater good.

I'm just a lurker, but I think petty, mean, arrogant, angry assholes, who give everyone they label 'ignorant' crap, shouldn't be moderators/administrators.

That is so true.

I'm just a lurker, but I think petty, mean, arrogant, angry assholes, who give everyone they label 'ignorant' crap, shouldn't be moderators/administrators.

You are entitled to that view.

I know where your coming from Satya. If I could have gotten a hold of the guys who spit on me and beat me up in high school for being Gay I would have. You have no idea how bad I want to kick the shit out of them. Some of them were church members. These people had no right to persecute me for what I did. It was none of their business. Hating them just turned me into them. Something that I despised. Wanting to harm or kill them just made me worse than they are. Just like in school I had too let it go. I did not want too. My desire to actually know God and return to myself turned my hardened heart away from them and too God. By me hating them it kept me further away from God and my own happiness. They are wrong too judge anyone. And it's about time that they practiced what they preach...

Most likely? To put it into lamemen's terms, sleeping around is the most likely reason.

Are you making a play on words by using the word 'Lamemen" or did you mean "laymen"?

I know where your coming from Satya. If I could have gotten a hold of the guys who spit on me and beat me up in high school for being Gay I would have. You have no idea how bad I want to kick the shit out of them. Some of them were church members. These people had no right to persecute me for what I did. It was none of their business. Hating them just turned me into them. Something that I despised. Wanting to harm or kill them just made me worse than they are. Just like in school I had too let it go. I did not want too. My desire to actually know God and return to myself turned my hardened heart away from them and too God. By me hating them it kept me further away from God and my own happiness. They are wrong too judge anyone. And it's about time that they practiced what they preach...

Well said.

a lot of the argument on this thread seems totally crazy to me! i actually choose not to drive myself, but i'm not about to insist that roads be bulldozed and driving made illegal just because some people drive more irresponsibly than others, or because the road is a dangerous place!

Reactions: Kavalan
a lot of the argument on this thread seems totally crazy to me! i actually choose not to drive myself, but i'm not about to insist that roads be bulldozed and driving made illegal just because some people drive more irresponsibly than others, or because the road is a dangerous place!

Crazy? Really? There are people who will kill you just because you are Gay. When was the last time anyone was killed because they choose to drive a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.