Homosexuality and Christianity II | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Homosexuality and Christianity II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy? Really? There are people who will kill you just because you are Gay. When was the last time anyone was killed because they choose to drive a car?

I think he was referring to a certain member's call that sodomy be made illegal because it has risks he felt were comparable to smoking.

People have lied over less. They are the ones to gain if this is a lie(more medical visits etc). I do research. If I don't see methods or cannot find methods to determine how they did something then it is suspect at best. These are tall claims and they give no reasons at all...

Yep... because a gay and lesbian health group that wrote an article for one of it's clinets is obviously lying. *rolls eyesL

A: your facts make no connection to homosexuality or rather you treat it as the end of the chain. Your facts have no data to substantiate your claims and stand on shaky medical ground that you have yet to elaborate on at best.

B: the respressed portion was an explanation to my asnwer to you initial question:

Hummm, I think I made it quite clear that there is a pretty good claim and it seems your best reaction is to merely sweep it under the rug and pretend as though the source is somehow invalid. How is a source, that is obviously pro homosexuality, invalid? If anything, it would be in their best interest to be as helpful and honest as possible in order to meet the needs of the people who use their service.

Which I answered, elaborate and gave a different example of repression causing dangers to arise:

As I said before come with claims that have data or keep your anecdotal "facts" to yourself or at least preface them as such.

I do love how you continue to just make up stuff and ignore the data from a gay and lesbian medical group and somehow say that it is wrong. Do give me a single reason why they are wrong, just one. It seems all you can produce is well... you don't see how their methods came about... yet... why would a group, that is dedicated to helping gays, lesbians, bis and transexuals lie? If anything, they would want to be as honest as possible. What reason do you have to assume they are wrong? Is it because that is what the data says or is it simply because you don't like what the conclusion says?

So do you treat those whom are not strait edge church goers whom will not have familial or external backlash over their actions promiscuous as well?

I do find it amazing how reporting facts is somehow horrible and wrong to do. What's next, will you accuse me of being a hateful person that cares nothing for people? If anything, I have condemned such behavior before, but believe what you want. That seems to be what you like to hear.

anecdotal; I could say that the two gay friends I know are not sleeping around compared to most of my guy friends who chaise tail like they're going to die the next day therefore being gay one would have a better moral compass as far as relationships go.

It's also funny how you ignore what else I said (IE they tend to be a group with a very high STD report rate). How do you suppose that there's such a high STD rate? Is it because the majority is with one partner or because the majority do go out and chase others? Yet again, I don't see how reporting facts is 'hateful', but perhaps you have some new definition of hate that nobody knows about floating around here?

I think he was referring to a certain member's call that sodomy be made illegal because it has risks he felt were comparable to smoking.

LOL then my woman is really screwed because she smokes cigs too lol

The source doesn't matter if the methods aren't explained.

AKA reject what you don't want to hear. It's really simple, why would a group, that serves the gay and lesbian community, lie? If anything, what should their goals be?

AKA reject what you don't want to hear. It's really simple, why would a group, that serves the gay and lesbian community, lie? If anything, what should their goals be?
No, it has no scientific validity if hasn't been peer reviewed/doesn't source or cite its references.

Reactions: acd
Crazy? Really? There are people who will kill you just because you are Gay. When was the last time anyone was killed because they choose to drive a car?

i realise that people in parts of the world are even lawfully executed for having sex with men! sorry, my analogy may not have been clear. what i was trying to say is that many road accidents happen because people have been driving irresponsibly. similarly the transmission of perhaps almost all sti's through male-to-male sex happens because the men involved have been engaging in irresponsible sex behaviours. i wouldn't try to take everyone off the road just because there will always be some people drive irresponsibly. why would i want to try to stop all men from having sex with men just because some men who do it are irresponsible about it?

So reject it out of hand because we don't like what the conclusions say. Nice.
Lol, sure.

Also, did you hear that there's a giant snake at the middle of the earth? I read an article about it in Science Weekly.

Reactions: acd
Lol, sure.

Also, did you hear that there's a giant snake at the middle of the earth? I read an article about it in Science Weekly.

Ad hominem over an actual argument I see and yet... still no reason why a gay and lesbian health group would want to lie to it's client's...

I feel like this argument has been going on forever :D

maybe in some countries driver fatalities are greater because for cultural reasons there are a greater number of irresponsible drivers. why would i ban driving in those countries altogether because it was more dangerous to drive there, but allow people to continue driving in countries where people were generally less riskier drivers, but most road accidents were still nevertheless a result of irresponsible driving? the sorts of things that have been said don't make logical sense.

Ad hominem over an actual argument I see and yet... still no reason why a gay and lesbian health group would want to lie to it's client's...
If you're going to throw fallacies around, know what you're talking about. My post was ironic to point out the flaw in your arguement, not you personally.

Look, if a medical document doesn't cite references/study numbers, there is no reason why anyone should believe it. I already hypothesized in my previous post how the lesbian community has higher rates of cancer, but you appear to have glossed over it. You keep referencing a source that doesn't mention how it came to its conclusions. That's the same thing as claiming a giant snake lives at the center of the Earth. Just because someone said it, does not mean it's true. Believe it if you want, but anyone who follows the slightest rules of science will discredit a source without proper citation/peer reviews.

No, it has no scientific validity if hasn't been peer reviewed/doesn't source or cite its references.

So reject it out of hand because we don't like what the conclusions say. Nice.

Lol, sure.

seriously?

I know I told myself not to post, I will make an exception for this as it gets me frustrated.

I honestly don't give a damm about what christians think of me, I just want to live in peace. Yet we live in a society were gays are oppressed and looked down upon, where in some countries they are tortured for being gay, killed for being gay. I have experienced abuse because of my sexuality by everyone, including my own family. My sexuality is part of the reason why I am going through so much shit. No one deserves to be treated with torture. You don't agree with our lifestyle? then fine. Think we are going to rot in hell in our next lives? then fine. It does not give you the right however, to impose your view upon us, to take away our freedoms, to stereotype us as ''bad'' people. We make our own choices and no religious group should have the power to act on whatever they feel is right.

The point is that Christianity and Sexuality may never come to an agreement, I expect however from the so called ''rational'' species to treat us with respect and equality. I'm sick of this debate.

Hell, I think I will go like Hitler and make straight marriage illegal, make my own book and impose my own orders and impose whatever rules I want on you. How will that make religious people feel?

Well that is how the gay community feels exactly.

Reactions: Satya
No offense to anyone, but seeing as how I'm this thread's OP, I can decide to close it. I am doing so because it has become readily apparent that threads discussing Christianity and homosexuality go nowhere.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.