Harry Potter :D | INFJ Forum

Harry Potter :D

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EC2tmFVNNE&feature=related"]YouTube - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer Official HD[/ame]

Anybody else can't wait??? I am so excited yet a bit sad that it will finally be over soon..so anxious!!!

I Loooved the book series, this is going to be great!

Never really been excited about the movies, they don't have a patch on the books.

Never really been excited about the movies, they don't have a patch on the books.

Yep, though I haven't read all the books. Stopped around the 4th one or so.

It's a conclusion that was a long time coming and so anticipation is understandable (especially since we know the outcome). I appreciate the films primarily because their lavish visualization is different from what I might have imagined...yet equally vivid, spectacular and a true delight. In this regard the films stand on their own merits, I think.

Note: it was my kids who first read the books. I read them just to figure out what all their Quittich and Golden Snitch talk was all about.

I enjoy books more than movies, but I'm really looking forward seeing them nonetheless.

Wait, it comes out next month???????
:m060:

What day???

ETA Nov 19

Last edited:
Its not the end tough, there's 2 parts wich is the best idea ever :)

^
TOTALLY agree! There is no way that that book could be summed up into one 2:30 movie.

I've been re-reading the entire series in anticipation of this movie

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!:m060:

This was the first promo I had seen that in some way encompasses both part 1 and part 2 of the conclusion.

Last edited:
I'm going at midnight. :D

I just got into the whole Harry Potter series. I've seen the movies, but I was always meh about reading them. I've read Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince, and Deathly Hallows so far. They are so good!

I read the books when they came out. Sort of liked them: entertaining if not that intelligent. Initially I was for them, I saw them as good children's/young adult's book. But then people started treating them like they were the best thing literature, a status they don't even begin to approach. Still, I don't hate them, I even read the last one, though I thought it mostly sucked.

The movies, they have been, for the most part, crap, though the last one was okay I guess. Mayhap I will see this when it comes out on DvD.

Maybe I should have stayed out of this thread.

Last edited:
Totally excited. And it is not the very very last, book 7 is being broken up into two movies!!!!!!!!!!! and, no, the movies can't hold a candle to the books, and speaking of gay, did you know JK Rowling said Dumbledore was written to be gay, and that whole thing between him and the dark wizard whoozit (Grindlewald) was actually an affair (uh-huh!), and then Dumbledore had to defeat and lock up Grindlewald for life because he turned out to be a genocidal maniac? Yep. Poor Dumbledore.

Generally geeking out over the whole thing.

Videos don't work in this school computer lab, so I can't see the trailer until I get back to my laptop.

Harry Potter is ok, but still rather overrated. I read the first 3 books, but haven't bothered with the rest. The first book happened to be the 3rd book in a row I read involving the philosopher's stone, and the other two were both better. One of those was the Hunchback of Notre Dam, which is of course mostly a treatise on how the printing press led to the decline of monumental religious architecture but also includes a would be alchemist as the main antagonist of the story meant to hide that fact. I cannot remember the name of the other book, but ti was the best of the 3. It was told from the perspective of a servant hired by Nicholas Flammel shortly before he and his wife supposedly died but were then found to have empty graves.

Just yesterday I took one of those facebook Hogwarts sorting hat quizzes (I got Ravenclaw, of course) and found about 5 of my friends followed up by taking it within an hour or so.

Its reasonable. hahah I confess I haven't read any of the books, ever since my book reading ability got switched off about 8 years ago and turned into this visual like sense my focus goes a tipsy on the book reading. Well its back now but I'm too lazy to read the books so I'll just watch the endings in the parts they have installed then read the books after, probably not. I prefer other stuff more though the Harry Potter film series is well done.

On a side note, unrelated to HP, come to think of it I hated reading the lord of the rings books when I was able to read and I wanted to burn the books for being just so, guh, ridiculous I thought. Hahah uncanny sense of humour.

<---- I am well read (500+ sci fi fantasy books)

I could list them and I refuse to read the supposed best ones, pfft.

Last edited:
Lmao @ Harry Potter, the geezer trying to pretend to be a child.

Reactions: RecklessDreamer
Lmao @ Harry Potter, the geezer trying to pretend to be a child.

Well he's portraying a 17 year old in the new film, not exactly a child.