Ground Zero | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ground Zero

The President's Musselmen Dilemma

• I am proud that the President reminded the nation that freedom of Religion applies to Muslims.

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • I am ashamed/annoyed that the President thinks it is OK to have a Muslim anything with in ten blocks

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I, as usual, could less about anything remotely political.

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
My feelings go way back before 9/11. Please do not put words into my mouth. I do admire your kind questioning, though. Tolerance for a religion with intolerance, regarding building worship sites, does not add up to anything more than problems down the road. I would much rather see tolerance two-sided. Not one church or synagogue is allowed in Mecca, their holy city, or the country it is in.....something about respect, yet they show none for us regarding this.

I figure a guy like you has probably heard the old saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right".

Just because they don't embrace freedom of religion does not mean we should not.

Saudi Arabia does not have our First Amendment, let alone our Bill of Rights. They may be a theocracy, but we are not.

I have spoken dozens of times regarding this issue with people in many walks of life. The "out of respect" part is not my own phrase. I guess I am talking principles, not laws.

I figure a guy like you has probably heard the old saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right".

Just because they don't embrace freedom of religion does not mean we should not.

Actually used that saying this week earlier on Monday regarding illegal immigration. Stick to the laws and it will be fine with me, but stick to all the laws. I still differ with my opinion I am entitled to, based strictly on my own personal beliefs regarding principles, not laws. editing

Allowing those that do not embrace freedom of religion to grow in our country will cause problems down the road. I could be wrong; just the way I see it tonight, but today has been a tough one. I will therefore embrace this at another time when my mind is not so preoccupied and I have given it more thought.

Last edited:
Actually used that saying this week earlier on Monday regarding illegal immigration. Stick to the laws and it will be fine with me, but stick to all the laws. I still differ with my opinion I am entitled to, based strictly on my own personal beliefs regarding principles, not laws.

I believe in Constitutional principles. What kind of principles do you believe in since you don't believe in the principle of freedom of religion?

there exists a mosque 4 blocks away from ground zero. ground zero, unlike mecca, is not holy in any form thus in that regard is invalid of assessment. also just because everyone isn't doing it doesn't mean that we shouldn't as well.

I believe in Constitutional principles. What kind of principles do you believe in since you don't believe in the principle of freedom of religion?

I shall not answer that worded as such.

I shall not answer that worded as such.

It's fine. I also believe in some Christian principles, like "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "Love thy neighbor as you love yourself."

I was just curious at to what kind of principle you embrace in this instance.

Allowing those that do not embrace freedom of religion to grow in our country will cause problems down the road.

Trust me, we have plenty of them in America already.

456023.jpg

Last edited:
IMO the mosque should not be permitted within several blocks of ground zero - the muslims, if they cared for the sensibilities of New Yorkers shouldn't even want to build one so close to the site.

I think it is darned insensitive move on the part of the group wanting to build the mosque.

Zoning

Religious tolerance should be two-sided. I say let them build a church and synagogue in Mecca; see how tolerant they are about that. Then, maybe I could look the other way. Not in the mood for a fight, so please forgive me if that offends anyone.

How many Synagogues are in the Papal city?

and [MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION]man, I believe the Muslims in question here are by and large New Yorkers, ever taken a Manhattan cab?

Last edited:
From what I understand, the Islamic terrorists are seen by most of the Islamic world like abortion clinic bombers and the Westboro Baptist Church are seen by much of the Christian world.

The Islamic community hasn't done much the past 9 years to denounce and fight against the radical terroristic element of their religion.
Out of fear?
This makes many of us suspicious.

Simply saying we are a peacful religion without any action behind it is like saying I will respect you in the morning.
Empty words.

The Islamic community hasn't done much the past 9 years to denounce and fight against the radical terroristic element of their religion.
Out of fear?
This makes many of us suspicious.

Simply saying we are a peacful religion without any action behind it is like saying I will respect you in the morning.
Empty words.

What exactly are they suppose to do? You really think they don't care when most of the people who die in terrorists attacks are Muslims?

Funny thing is that the group that is building this center (not even a mosque) was created to better relationships between Muslims and the Western World. Muslims around the world denounce the overly-zealous among them all the time. The media may not portray it, but scholars have been and are continuing to actively speak out against the violent ways of these extremists.

Has anybody here actually read the Quran? It is nothing like the Bible. It is a book of commands, written by one man, who was a proven pedophile, and it instructs Muslims to lie to and decieve the Infidel (that's us) to implement Sharia law all over the world and to kill all who will not convert. It is not a peaceful, moderate religion by nature. That is a myth we must stop wanting to believe, because soon there will be enough Muslims in this country to swing an election. Do not doubt that this is being built there on purpose. It is a middle finger in our faces, and instead of biting it off, we are bowing down and kissing it. It disgusts me.

klutzo

Reactions: Solongo
Has anybody here actually read the Quran? It is nothing like the Bible. It is a book of commands, written by one man, who was a proven pedophile, and it instructs Muslims to lie to and decieve the Infidel (that's us) to implement Sharia law all over the world and to kill all who will not convert. It is not a peaceful, moderate religion by nature. That is a myth we must stop wanting to believe, because soon there will be enough Muslims in this country to swing an election. Do not doubt that this is being built there on purpose. It is a middle finger in our faces, and instead of biting it off, we are bowing down and kissing it. It disgusts me.

klutzo

Oooookay then. Something tells me you have read neither the Quaran nor the Bible.

Reactions: bamf

klutzo

what about the Dates and the rivers of Honeyed milk?

Has anybody here actually read the Quran? It is nothing like the Bible.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but that's untrue. I've read some of it, and it actually contains some of the same books and stories as the Bible and the Torah.

It has some questionable material added to it, but the core is largely the same as the other two monotheistic religions, whether you want to believe that or not.

What exactly are they suppose to do? You really think they don't care when most of the people who die in terrorists attacks are Muslims?

No, I don't believe they don't care.

Funny thing is that the group that is building this center (not even a mosque) was created to better relationships between Muslims and the Western World. Muslims around the world denounce the overly-zealous among them all the time. The media may not portray it, but scholars have been and are continuing to actively speak out against the violent ways of these extremists.

If this is true, then I stand corrected.
It's just that from the outside it doesn't appear that the majority of Muslims who are good, righteous people are doing anything to counter the extremists in their midst.

It's just that from the outside it doesn't appear that the majority of Muslims who are good

Then you need to seriously think about that statement. Islam is one of the largest religions in the world. Do you think some 500 million + people are going to be be bad? Nope, they aren't. It's a flat out stereotype.

I've read some of it, and it actually contains some of the same books and stories as the Bible and the Torah.

It's an interesting book. It's as violent as the Bible and just like the Bible calls on people to do horrible things.