Great Horror Films | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Great Horror Films

Ooh - I forgot 28 Days Later. That was one good zombie flick for folks who don't like zombie flicks.

Stephen Fry talks a little about the great horror actors of the past
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdTLxyS2bdU"]YouTube - QI - Classic Horror Movie Stars[/ame]

A friend of mine posted something about a movie called, "The Human Centipede" on Facebook.. I was dumb/curious enough to watch the trailer online... The trailer alone was enough to thoroughly disturb me for a week. No joke. Most horrifying thing ever... horrifying in a way that you actually wish the psycho murdered the people in the end... because that would be way less terrifying and easier to sleep at night.

I refuse to watch it. My boyfriend downloaded it because he thinks it is hilarious that I am so disturbed by this film... he's on his own with that one.. He is a sick man.

So, if you seriously want to be afraid and disturbed and challenge your bravery and mental health, go on and check it out...

Last edited:
A friend of mine posted something about a movie called, "The Human Centipede" on Facebook.. I was dumb/curious enough to watch the trailer online... The trailer alone was enough to thoroughly disturb me for a week. No joke. Most horrifying thing ever... horrifying in a way that you actually wish the psycho murdered the people in the end... because that would be way less terrifying and easier to sleep at night.

I refuse to watch it. My boyfriend downloaded it because he thinks it is hilarious that I am so disturbed by this film... he's on his own with that one.. He is a sick man.

So, if you seriously want to be afraid and disturbed and challenge your bravery and mental health, go on and check it out...

The human centipede is light compared to my nightmares. :m081:

Reactions: acd

I read the Wikipedia version...and that was more than enough for me. I refuse to touch the trailer with a ten-foot pole; the description I read was disturbing enough.

Reactions: acd
The Human Centipede is awesome!

I tried watching Thankskilling yesterday, now that is a horrible film. Turned it off after five minutes due to the stupidity of it and general lack of film making ability on the part of whoever attempted to make it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOjSRoxc6mg"]YouTube - ThanksKilling Full Trailer[/ame]

Last edited:
*fumes with jealousy* I want to watch it! Want to see if it lives up to its disturbing reputation, I'm guessing no =P

Depends on your tolerance of disturbing things. It's pretty messed up for sure.

Did you see the second one? What happens at the end. You should PM me and tell me what happens in the end. I am grotesquely curious still.

Reactions: Wyote

I can tolerate a lot, the trailer didn't phase me at ALL :> Was expecting more.

Maybe I thought about it too hard...
the rest of your life your mouth is sewn to someone else's arse..
Your humanity is stolen from you.. What happens when the human centipede becomes senile? Or when someone menstruates?
These are the questions that haunted me. LOL...oy...

Second one is not out yet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpmPJzLmGdI"]YouTube - 'The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence)' Teaser[/ame]

Maybe I thought about it too hard...
the rest of your life your mouth is sewn to someone else's arse..
Your humanity is stolen from you.. What happens when the human centipede becomes senile? Or when someone menstruates?
These are the questions that haunted me. LOL...oy...

Lol, what you're really afraid of is your own imagination.. your extrapolating thoughts ;)

The idea itself is sort of interesting. And since all mammalian systems have what is essentially a one way track through them from the mouth to the anus, you could add on animals to the end of it too. Perhaps even trees (going through the vascular system). If you connected every single lifeform in that way, you might connect the whole ecosystem into One thing. If somehow you could keep it going for a long time, and maybe even reproduce, then it could be the beginning of an entirely new world. In fact, perhaps on a cellular level, the human body is an amalgamation of interconnected cells whose origins mimic the construction of a human centipede, like the guy's trying to do in the film. Perhaps millions or billions of years ago, sentient cells, like sentient individuals such as yourself, would never willingly have become part of multicellular structure like the human body, but forces beyond them pushed them into it.

If somehow you could keep it going for a long time, and maybe even reproduce, then it could be the beginning of an entirely new world.
LOL Wow. And I thought I was getting carried away. :-D
The concept of the movie is still fascinating to me because what the vilian does is destroy the peoples autonomy to satisfy his own imagination. That's what scares me. Loss of autonomy and Self to another. Worse than death.

Last edited:
Wes Craven's: "They"

Today's horror cinemas use blood, gore, and dismembered corpses to convey an image of fright or scariness. In addition, they use a lot of startling effects to cause the audience to jump.

In the cinema "They", the blood is almost nil and instead of the standard scare, the fear is slow and creeping... almost depressing. It is recommended you turn all the lights off when you watch the cinema.

Dark Floors

This is another dark horror film. The blood and gore are almost not present in the film but there are a few moments that will cause you to jump. The conclusion might be confusing however. All in all, the cinema is great for when you alone on the couch with the lights off.

The Dark

This is another great dark cinema... I should say something, but it is best you just watch this. Oh, and do not forget the light...

Last edited:
Reactions: Stu
I'm just starting to get acquainted with horror movies.

The first one I saw was the Ring, which, after watching it, I wouldn't necessarily consider horrifying enough to be a horror movie. It has some dark and grotesque imagery, which I appreciated and found to be captivating, but nothing that would keep me up at night.

I saw Carrie just the other day, without even knowing what it was. I had just watched another movie from a similar time period, and when flipping through the channels, I saw it and though it looked interesting (it was right before the prom scene). It was surprising, and horrible, but I'm glad I watched it. The tragedy of the story was really moving and thought provoking.

Basically, for a horror movie to scare me, it has to compete with my imagination, which often seems much worse. The only thing that really gets to me is gore, torture and suffering. General creepiness isn't really that unsettling to me as much as it used to be.

So many already listen. All of my favorite ones.

Alien, The Thing... The Thing... .and Alien.

But here is something obscure enough, I think, that it might not be listed anywhere here yet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH9VS6-K_mw"]YouTube - Anatomy ! trailer[/ame]

That movie creeped me out sooooo much when it came out.

Reactions: Claridon
The Hannibal Lecter movies

There's a certain poetic justice in resurrecting this thread... I think?