BXM

Regular Poster
Jul 15, 2023
Massachusetts
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
8w7
I would like to hear about everyone's favorite movie franchise. I enjoy the Conjuring universe movies because the films usually take place back in the 70s, 80s, and other decades; there's just something in these movies that is so addicting. For example, the first conjuring movie and the beginning scene where they are moving in have always stuck with me- the music, aesthetic, and atmosphere of these movies are invigorating.
e123ad5b68c0a488aaaba31f8d6e80d46524ef7f.gifv

What are some movie franchises you are obsessed with and why?

Love The Conjuring myself.

Currently my fav tho
giphy.gif

Most movie franchises are uneven disappointments. Actually, I consider most of the best movie franchises to be those that existed before the term was even coined (e.g. original Star Wars trilogy).

But, if I had to name one, it would have to be the Before trilogy.

One franchise I've always loved, and wish they'd bring it back with a big budget
Mainly I think I just loved Andrew Divoff's performance because they got real bad by the third film, but I still love the overall concept and found it hilarious.
Wishmaster

Reactions: Asa and aeon
Most movie franchises are uneven disappointments. Actually, I consider most of the best movie franchises to be those that existed before the term was even coined (e.g. original Star Wars trilogy).

But, if I had to name one, it would have to be the Before trilogy.

I clicked on this thread to say mine was exactly the same. It would have been The Godfather, had Part 3 not been so sub-par haha.

Not much of a movie watcher, but the original Star Trek movies appealed to me because they were family friendly (I watched them as a kid). They also portrayed a very positive style of friendship, which was idealistic without being self righteous, which acknowledged people's deep flaws without condemnation, which indulged humour at each others expense without cruelty, which was deeply loyal without compromising duty to the bigger picture of others in need, even enemies in need.

The lasting influence those movies had on me is the hope that people can occasionally rise above self interest in service of the greater good, without callousness to opponents, and hopefully with some like-minded friends.

I'm not that into franchises, aside from the iconic ones. There are franchises where I like the first movie but the other movies in the series didn't captivate me.