God is a sexist, homophobic, proslavery, sadistic, murderer | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

God is a sexist, homophobic, proslavery, sadistic, murderer

Just because Bush is leaving office, doesn't mean all the Generals in the us staff are leaving office. Doesn't mean people are automatically going to be better people just because Barak takes office. People are people, and there are too many of them.

One sign of the sociopath is the complete disregard of life and inability to change destructive and devient thinking.

Reactions: Quinlan
Maybe a new thread on your topic would be fun?

Woot! And with a wave of his wand, Satya gets the thread back on topic!

I love you!, your words are music to my ears, I want to have your children - and I'm a guy :)

An intellectually sound INFJ is a rare thing indeed.

Um...first, I'm going to have Satya's babies! And second, "An intellectually sound INFJ is a RARE thing indeed"?!?!?!?! I BEG to differ, sir!

Stay away from satya, you man-crushing home wrecker!
:m194:

EDIT: I realize the post is months old...and I'm not contributing to the topic at the moment...but I will! *Goes on reading the entire thread*

Last edited:
Hmm... my internets funky, I posted a reply and its not there...
Anyway... I'm surprised to not have found anyone mentioning the book of Job or Ecclesiasties yet. That or I've missed something...:m080:
Anyway, wouldn't death make some of these accusations irrelevant? Like, does it matter if you were a slave, your still gonna die, evern if you were rich.
hum, dum, didlly dum...:m129:

Anyway, wouldn't death make some of these accusations irrelevant? Like, does it matter if you were a slave, your still gonna die, evern if you were rich.
hum, dum, didlly dum...:m129:
Huh? :m075:

Are you suggesting that because we are all going to die that slavery, homophobia, and sexism are justified?

I don't like slavery, but the idea was that, since your going to die, does being "free" really make a difference, in the end?
Racism and Sexism, on the other hand, show a persons own lack of love.
So, to that point, owning slaves in and of itself is not wrong, but owning slaves and considering yourself a "higher order being" is. Recognizing different roles between men and women (and between the different personality types, even) isn't wrong, but should be taken with humility, not pride.
Simply recognize that, even if you are in a position of "authority", your still no better than anyone else, just lucky.
I hope that makes my thought a little clearer...

I don't like slavery, but the idea was that, since your going to die, does being "free" really make a difference, in the end?
Racism and Sexism, on the other hand, show a persons own lack of love.
So, to that point, owning slaves in and of itself is not wrong, but owning slaves and considering yourself a "higher order being" is. Recognizing different roles between men and women (and between the different personality types, even) isn't wrong, but should be taken with humility, not pride.
Simply recognize that, even if you are in a position of "authority", your still no better than anyone else, just lucky.
I hope that makes my thought a little clearer...

Nope. Can't wrestle with the logic enough to understand your point. Tried. Failed.

Slave ownership can't ever be done with humility. Employing free people, for example, having servants, could be managed with dignity and honor, but never ever ever owning slaves. Ever.

Slaves are ripped violently and abruptly from their homes and families, against their will, in most cases forever. Slaves have no rights, no hopes, no voices, no lives of their own. To own a slave is to believe and declare to the world that you have superior and absolute rights over another human being. No way to wring humility from that kind of belief or declaration.

Slavery can not be justified by anyone. Ever.

I know; its wierd. I can see one inheriting slaves and doing so innocently. In general, I regard it as a foolish institution overall. Freedom produces more, anyway (economically and spiritually).
I can envision owning slaves innocently, but it would be so very fine a line, it would be best not to on principle.
Same way I think of alcohol. It can be OK, but can quickly get out of hand, so I'd just rather not start.

Last edited:
I can't imagine a place remaining on Earth where anyone can still maintain innocence regarding slaves, even through the channel of inheritance. The world has become too small, with too many people aware of and interested in the actions and institutions of others for there to be an assumption of innocence there once was, long ago. Before the widespread, instant communication of our world today.

I think the assumption of denial, or the assumption of indifference is the best you could hope for. But not innocence.

As a declared Libertarian, I'm surprised you could allow for this view. I'm not Libertarian myself, but understood that perhaps the strongest principle of Libertarianism is the absolute right to the liberty (freedom) of the individual. Every individual.

ETA: Um, did you edit out your statement regarding being a Libertarian? Or am I losing my mind?

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Libertarianism has rightly been associated with anti-slavery movements. Slavery is prima facie the most egregious violation of the libertarian ideal that no human has the right to use coercion against others, save to stop coercion. The slave, not being merely "owned" in some formal sense, is further coerced on a day-to-day basis, either implicitly, through threat, or explicitly, through the slave-master’s violence. There is no way to justify this level of coercion as merely being employed to stop potential coercion on the part of the slave; the slave is someone other than a prisoner, and is controlled for different motives, principally wealth-seeking ones. As such, the libertarian ethos doesn't merely exclude slave practices. Instead, it offers a clear, well-defined rational basis for condemning slavery, one that is not directly reliant on the shifting grounds of sentiment or religious orthodoxy.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig4/verhaegh2.html
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I know; its wierd. I can see one inheriting slaves and doing so innocently. In general, I regard it as a foolish institution overall. Freedom produces more, anyway (economically and spiritually).
I can envision owning slaves innocently, but it would be so very fine a line, it would be best not to on principle.
Same way I think of alcohol. It can be OK, but can quickly get out of hand, so I'd just rather not start.

You're comparing alcoholism and SLAVERY as if they're on the same page! WTF? "It can be OK, but can quickly get out of hand"????

Dude, I haven't laughed so hard...but then I saw you were only 17 and laughed even harder.

Zen, why bother trying to correct his "logic"? He thinks slavery is OK as long as it doesn't get out hand.

I'm not convinced that's what he really means, TK. There seems to be either a zen or - alternatively - an apathetic view of life and death tied to his opinions on these topics.

I don't get (or I'm not willing to believe yet) that he thinks "slavery is okay in moderation" for lack of a better phrase, so I hoped to get some clarification.

Today in my sociology class, I saw the results of an confidential prejudice poll that was taken of all the students. The poll cited different groups of people, such as African Americans, Muslims, Gays, Ex Convicts, etc. and asked people on a scale of 1-8, 1 being you would allow such a person being in your family and 8 being you believe they should all be exterminated, how do you feel about each group. From an earlier poll, I know the class is approximately 95% Christian. I also know everyone in the class who isn't Christian and how they voted. So today I found out that 2 Christians in my class think I should die for my sexual orientation and at least one thinks I should die simply for being part Native American. I learned 8 Christians think that having AIDS is justification to be exterminated. I think today I have officially lost all compassion and respect for this religion. Barachai just proves that in Christian logic, anything is justifiable, as long as you can interpret that it doesn't go against Christ. If there is a God who believes that kind of morality is superior to simple humanism then I will gladly burn in hell for all eternity so I don't have to spend an eternity with the people who feel justified in their views of the extermination or enslavement of their fellow human beings.

I'm very curious now about the other results of the poll. If you remember the rest, could you post them?

EDIT: The results for those who have AIDS don't say much about Christians, actually. I can think of some (twisted) arguments for the extermination of AIDS patients that don't have anything to do with Christian doctrine, and I think at least 6 of the 8 votes would be based upon those arguments. Remember that only 2 Christians voted that homosexuals should be exterminated, and AIDS is so taboo in Christian circles because it is strongly associated with homosexuality, so I don't think that the number voting for the extermination of AIDS patients would exceed the number voting for the extermination of homosexuals.

You guys have an extremely north american, modern european, view of slavery. In Celtic Europe, Roman times, and classical Islamic Era slaves existed and had a whole host of rights. Perhaps he was talking about that.

In those times slaves would have definitely been an acceptable thing morally.

Getting out of hand is Slavery based on "racial inferiority" where a person is held in thrall by violence and hatred, not merely law and custom.