God is a sexist, homophobic, proslavery, sadistic, murderer | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

God is a sexist, homophobic, proslavery, sadistic, murderer

Why is this prejudice still around? I thought that stuff would be gone by now.
Maybe its just a trait of the human race. Grr, why must I be trapped in this body? It sucks in here!

Why is this prejudice still around? I thought that stuff would be gone by now.
Maybe its just a trait of the human race. Grr, why must I be trapped in this body? It sucks in here!

Human beings naturally have a tribal psychology. As has been said on this forum before, we can only keep a realistic perception in our heads of up to approximately 150 people and past that, we are forced to rely on stereotypes. In addition to that, we tend to think of the group we belong to as the "right" or "superior" group and other groups as the "wrong" or "inferior" groups. This creates an us vs. them mentality. Religion is an excellent example of tribal psychology which inevitably leads to prejudice. Every religion thinks it is the one, true truth and every other religion is wrong.

I've read of a study were they took a group of people, gave half of them red shirts and half blue shirts, and had them team up and compete. Of course, they grouped up into teams of red and blue.
Then they threw in a "green shirt". Poor guy was all alone.

Another study, more famous: ten people in a room, and two lines are on the board, one visibly longer than the other.
They are asked which line is longer. 9 are told to answer it correctly, one is left uninformed. When the 9 answer wrong, despite knowing the correct answer, the one will side with the rest.
If, however, eight are told to answer incorrectly, and two are left uninformed, then the two would answer it correctly.
People will rarely stand alone, even if you know its wrong.

I've read of a study were they took a group of people, gave half of them red shirts and half blue shirts, and had them team up and compete. Of course, they grouped up into teams of red and blue.

That's a logical decision. In team competitions (especially sports) it is more efficient when you can instantly identify whose side someone is on.

That's a logical decision. In team competitions (especially sports) it is more efficient when you can instantly identify whose side someone is on.

Agreed, how else would you be able to know who is who?

Of course, when the guy in the green shirt came along, it would also be logical to want him as a team leader of sorts. The fact that he was not promptly sought after by both teams indicates that the people were not putting much logical analysis into their decisions in the first place.

The idea is that people will readilly judge others 'cuz they're a different color, rather than an actual, good reason. Sad, but the purpose of the test was to prove that humans are racist.
Similar test, where people are illogical, is were money (10 bucks) is put into a bowl with 4 people around it. Any one may take as much as much as they desire. But, every minute, the money in the bowl is doubled.
So, what do people do?
They empty it.

The idea is that people will readilly judge others 'cuz they're a different color, rather than an actual, good reason. Sad, but the purpose of the test was to prove that humans are racist.
Similar test, where people are illogical, is were money (10 bucks) is put into a bowl with 4 people around it. Any one may take as much as much as they desire. But, every minute, the money in the bowl is doubled.
So, what do people do?
They empty it.

I don't agree that that makes humans racist. It is simply a way to tell them apart, nothing more.

Albeit, this is a weird example. Say you have a field filled equally with blacks and whites, and they all have no clothes on and must play capture the flag to win. Clearly, they would go by blacks a whites to be able to tell teams. How else would you be able to know? I don't see that as racist as all, it is simply a way to differentiate the environment.

I think that the article I read was trying to point out the possibility of racism. Also, people would seperate by color, even if doing so has no practical application. Then ensues many problems.
Someday, I'll look up other examples, but now I'm tired...:m038:

We must respect God

Anyone who has read the Bible (particularly the Old Testament) could easily come to that conclusion. So why do people choose to worship him?

Allah,God,the one and only who has no partner,no son or daughter,who created us,moon,skies,sun,trees,flowers....,we must respect God and not saying like these words,
I suggest for all of u to read Holy Quraan too to have more ideas about prophets life (peace be upon them). Thanks.

Allah,God,the one and only who has no partner,no son or daughter,who created us,moon,skies,sun,trees,flowers....,we must respect God and not saying like these words,
I suggest for all of u to read Holy Quraan too to have more ideas about prophets life (peace be upon them). Thanks.

Interesting, a new bit of pasta in this salad.

Also this is really old thread, it might serve you better to start a new one.

Last edited:

Is this going to be a one sided conversation?

Reactions: NeverAmI
ROFL!

Billy gave me a neg rep of a thread I created 2 years ago!

Thanks to the spam account that resurrected this thread. I needed a good laugh.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
ROFL!

Billy gave me a neg rep of a thread I created 2 years ago!

Thanks to the spam account that resurrected this thread. I needed a good laugh.

shssss..... you'll scare it off.

I know this thread is old, but I was looking at some old threads and wanted to weigh in.

I am a Christian. But I am not right-wing authoritarian (fundamentalist) Christian who agrees with the proslavery, anti-feminist, homophobic, etc views that people think God has.

The bible was written 2000+ years ago by MEN. The Bible has been incompetently translated in some parts, and it has been interpreted by mostly authoritarian men who want to use the words of God to make themselves feel better.

Arguments that are said to be biblically-based against homosexuality, sexuality, and women are flawed. I could get into this later, but don't feel like starting a whole new thread and having to defend all my arguments because most people aren't interested in reading hundreds of pages of material, they would rather just yell at me.

The bible can't be taken literally. 7-day creationism has sooo many problems and I have thoroughly researched both sides of the argument. I see many old testament stories as allegories and just recorded history. And everything Jesus said in the Gospels overwrites anything else in the book. Jesus was pretty laissez-faire about 'moral' (your sex life, your sexuality, your 'place' in society) issues, and very tough about 'heart' issues (judgement, hypocrisy, using people, etc).

I have to say, I care a lot less about "What the Bible says" (a very, very dangerous argument to use) and more about what Jesus did. I believe God is more subtle than wanting to MAKE people be a certain way and PUNISHING people when they were not that certain way. Since then, I have been a happier Christian.

Reactions: Jack
Personally; I prefer Rageful, Old Testamant God over this pansy arsed New Testament God.