God is a sexist, homophobic, proslavery, sadistic, murderer | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

God is a sexist, homophobic, proslavery, sadistic, murderer

Wow Satya, I am constantly saddened by the human race. You put it well though, that kind of god is not the kind of being I would like to hang out with for eternity. It's also frustrating that these are the kind of people who get all high and mighty in regards to their wonderful "morals", their morality is sick.

So which groups were most/least hated?

You guys have an extremely north american, modern european, view of slavery. In Celtic Europe, Roman times, and classical Islamic Era slaves existed and had a whole host of rights. Perhaps he was talking about that.

In those times slaves would have definitely been an acceptable thing morally.

Getting out of hand is Slavery based on "racial inferiority" where a person is held in thrall by violence and hatred, not merely law and custom.

Conquering slaves from other nations.

Leviticus 25: Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Beating slaves to death

(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB) When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.

Slaves to serve with fear

(Ephesians 6:5 NLT) Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

Yeah, sounds stupendous! What fantastic treatment!

What the kid is arguing is this...

Eph 6:9) And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

But don't confuse the Christian interpretation of slavery with the reality. Being a slave was hard, you were often stripped from your nation and family, usually you had no claim to your wife or children, you had no freedom, and you were obligated by your own religion not to resist.

Last edited:
I don't understand why AIDs is so strongly seen as a gay thing. Sure it started with Junkies and Homosexuals, but once it hit the Bisexuals and crossed the marker it came into the Heterosexual people who for the most part are too stupid to wear a condom and spread a HELL of a lot faster than it ever did with Homosexuality.

So which groups were most/least hated?

I intend to post the poll once the professor makes it available online. However, I remember that ex sex offenders topped the list for being the most despised. And the key word there is "ex". That is despite the fact that they have served their debt to society and with no qualification of what their sexual offense was.

I don't understand why AIDs is so strongly seen as a gay thing. Sure it started with Junkies and Homosexuals, but once it hit the Bisexuals and crossed the marker it came into the Heterosexual people who for the most part are too stupid to wear a condom and spread a HELL of a lot faster than it ever did with Homosexuality.

To be precise, it may have come from some human who was bumping uglies with a monkey and then went and got in on with his wife. The homosexual association of AIDs comes from the fact that the most people who were likely to exposed to it were military and the only way it could really spread under those circumstances was via homosexual sex or prostitution. So in essence you are right, since bisexuality shoots up 30-50% in same sex settings. However, within this next decade, the number of heterosexuals with the disease in this country will far surpass the number of homosexuals with it.

Ancient slavery: That's why I asked for clarification based on the current world order, Shai.

To be a young adult in these times, in any well-developed country, and still feel ambivalent about slavery is both bewildering and disturbing to me.

Satya said:
But don't confuse the Christian interpretation of slavery with the reality. Being a slave was hard, you were often stripped from your nation and family, usually you had no claim to your wife or children, you had no freedom, and you were obligated by your own religion not to resist.

Don't confuse what has happened in recent times (last 300/400 years) with the rules and reality of slavery within different cultures.

I didn't say Christian. I said celtic, and classical islamic. There have been other cultures which held slaves, but slaves have nearly always had rights. It's only when slaves stopped being about Honour and Law, and became about Racism and Economics that slavery was perverted into what we know through movies and modern culture.

Greed always brings out the worst in people, it gives acceptability to slight bigotries, which then become big ones in order to cover what people see as an evil immature sin (greed). It's a theory of mine that Bigotry starts off simply as a cover to hide what people WANT to do but know they shouldn't and they only have weak arguments for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say Christian. I said celtic, and classical islamic. There have been other cultures which held slaves, but slaves have nearly always had rights. It's only when slaves stopped being about Honour and Law, and became about Racism and Economics that slavery was perverted into what we know through movies and modern culture.

Different cultures treated their slaves differently. That I won't disagree with. However, to argue that slavery as an institution is ever justified, even when it is about "Honour and Law" makes no sense. There will always be an individual who treats their slaves badly, no matter what the culture. It's simple human pyschology. Look up the Stanford Prison experiement. People in a position of power over the powerless will inevitably come to dehumanize those they have power over. Hence, the institution itself is corrupt because it strips an individual of his freedom and allows another individual to claim him as property. As far as "rights" I don't think it makes much sense to consider an Enlightenment period concept in terms of ancient slavery. The "rights" of slaves were only as strong as the faith of their masters.

... and the culture and legal system that protected their rights of course. We're not talking about south of the Mississippi in 1782 here. We're talking about cultures that had legal systems and strong cultural customs protecting "The Rights of Slaves".

... and the culture and legal system that protected their rights of course. We're not talking about south of the Mississippi in 1782 here. We're talking about cultures that had legal systems and strong cultural customs protecting "The Rights of Slaves".

I'm not aware of any legal system that has protected the rights of slaves in ancient times. Perhaps one did exist in the celtic or classic Islamic culture. Could you provide an example of one?

Sharia Law

Hm....

Wiki said:
The major juristic schools of Islam have traditionally accepted the institution of slavery. However, Islam has prescribed five ways to free slaves, has severely chastised those who enslave free persons and has thus regulated the slave trade. The source of slaves was restricted to war in preference to killing whole tribes en masse, as was the tradition at the time.

I will accept that enslaving your enemy is better than exterminating your enemy.

I'm not saying it does, I'm saying that it tempered the effects and ancient slavery wasn't as bad as modern slavery. But in some cases the individual slavery was justified as (held in contempt) Thralldom where the person gives themselves up to become a thrall (norsk) when they are about to starve or freeze to death, or in cases of indebtedness where they're held as slaves until it is paid off, that particular one was the most second most common reason for slavery.

I'm not saying it does, I'm saying that it tempered the effects and ancient slavery wasn't as bad as modern slavery. But in some cases the individual slavery was justified as (held in contempt) Thralldom where the person gives themselves up to become a thrall (norsk) when they are about to starve or freeze to death, or in cases of indebtedness where they're held as slaves until it is paid off, that particular one was the most second most common reason for slavery.

Considering you were lucky to live to your twenties in the ancient times, I imgagine slavery was a bit different.

*sigh* I do not argue for slavery, I think its foolish.
I can see (theoretically understand, just barely justify) a person owning slaves and actually being a good, humble, honest person. But, if I were faced with a slave system, either side, I would do what I could to assist its removal.
Sorry, I am libertarian (primarily "US libertarian party", but also libertarian, sorry for my inability to communicate), I edited that out before you posted, and I'm not sure why I edited it out, guess I'm just wierd like that...
Also, about alcohol; it is harder for alcohol to become a problem than for slavery, I just use similar reasoning i regards to why I won't practice/support either. But, I wouldn't support prohibition, it'd just be stupid to that.
And with regards to ancient slavery, some had it nice, but it doesn't take much research to find out what the Assyrians, Egyptians, or Romans would do to their slaves. The Assyrians were especially disgusting...

Last edited:
Since I have you here, a few questions...

Racism and Sexism, on the other hand, show a persons own lack of love.

What about homophobia?

Recognizing different roles between men and women (and between the different personality types, even) isn't wrong, but should be taken with humility, not pride.

How about recognizng that there doesn't have to be different roles between men and women?

Homophobia, too. Any hatred for beliefs. Disagreeing with the belief, I'm cool with.
I don't see a problem with men and women doing the same job, just let them do their best.
At the same time, it doesn't hurt to recognize that men and women often fill different jobs, but not all the time.
If you think I'm prejudiced... I'm not. I'm just considering possible ideas/thoughts, and learning all the way.

Today in my sociology class, I saw the results of an confidential prejudice poll that was taken of all the students...

That kind of intolerance and judgement is sickening.