God is a sexist, homophobic, proslavery, sadistic, murderer | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

God is a sexist, homophobic, proslavery, sadistic, murderer

I kinda like your god, he seems to be a /b/tard.

That is the greatest thing I've heard. Ever.

God is a /b/tard so lets just accept it and if not, then we should all stop rambling on about an outdated book written by kooks with ulterior motives.

Religion? What is it really? Bible or not you are judging God. Do you or anyone else talk to God? In my head I have but is that God or just me talking back? By just looking at what you think are the facts you fall victim to the bigger lie. If I was the devil I would make a book that everyone would believe in. Then I would get them to follow my book until they believed it as truth. Then I would take your soul because you just handed it to me.

motivatefables.jpg

:m131:

God is a mirror reflection of who we want God to be. If we are benevolent, so is our God. If we are wrathful, vengeful and full of hate against people who do not see our God in the same way, so, alas is he. God comes in all shapes and forms in the Bible, Koran and other religions and belief systems. We interpret from our scriptures, cultures and lives what we want to see. This justifies our own beliefs, our behavior. We can quote these sources in violence or in peace in love. It's all there for everyone to misinterpret.

It is a personal choice, yet each of us also has a personal responsibility for our own actions and not look to our G*d to justify or blame for our behavior that works against humanity as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZenCat
Well said, HS.

God is a mirror reflection of who we want God to be. If we are benevolent, so is our God. If we are wrathful, vengeful and full of hate against people who do not see our God in the same way, so, alas is he. God comes in all shapes and forms in the Bible, Koran and other religions and belief systems. We interpret from our scriptures, cultures and lives what we want to see. This justifies our own beliefs, our behavior. We can quote these sources in violence or in peace in love. It's all there for everyone to misinterpret.

It is a personal choice, yet each of us also has a personal responsibility for our own actions and not look to our G*d to justify or blame for our behavior that works against humanity as a whole.

Oh oh oh! Yes. I've read this one before, thought this one before, and totally accepted it as well. There was a quote... lemme see if I can find it... It's from a vastly unappreciated writer named Eliphas Levi.

Here it is.

"For man, God is, and can only ever be, the ideal of man."

"God is everywhere the ideal of those who ignorantly adore him; ferocious amongst savages, instinct with human passions amidst the Greeks... One and all create a personage whom they endow in an infinite degree with their own characteristics and their own defects." (Note: "Ignorantly" is referring to laity of any kind. People who don't dedicate their lives to probing the ultimate meaning of reality are considered to be ignorant in this sense.)

Oh oh oh! Yes. I've read this one before, thought this one before, and totally accepted it as well. There was a quote... lemme see if I can find it... It's from a vastly unappreciated writer named Eliphas Levi.

Here it is.

"For man, God is, and can only ever be, the ideal of man."

"God is everywhere the ideal of those who ignorantly adore him; ferocious amongst savages, instinct with human passions amidst the Greeks... One and all create a personage whom they endow in an infinite degree with their own characteristics and their own defects." (Note: "Ignorantly" is referring to laity of any kind. People who don't dedicate their lives to probing the ultimate meaning of reality are considered to be ignorant in this sense.)

Thank you. This is very good. I think I'm drawing from Joseph Campbell somewhere stashed in the mind. Can't source it beyond that.

It is safer for God to be our own mirrored images or the ones that were culturally imposed upon us from within our families or general religious environments, but really seems to create all kinds of messy wars and rifts and paranoias and so forth, you name it, really.

The idea that my God is better than your God...Mine hates you. He prefers me. Such stroking self-adulation, really. Wow. I'm actually finding this amusing. Thank you, Thoth. :)

Last edited:
I didn't want to go read this thread for a long time.... not that i want to enhance my thoughts of how imperfect God is to me.

I don't know what God is anymore.

I didn't want to go read this thread for a long time.... not that i want to enhance my thoughts of how imperfect God is to me.

I don't know what God is anymore.

God is a symbol. Of what? That's up to you to decide. God comes into existence through you.

For me, God is all the things that make life worth living.

It's for those reasons why I don't really believe in the bible (or at least not literally) and I like to make up my own beliefs about religion. Also in the whole scheme of things good typically wins over evil, i.e. WWII.
:m171:

the "good" in WW2 were the Russians. They certainly triumphed over the Germans.

They didn't supply the Nazis, they didn't provoke the war (seeking peace overtures), and they only went to war after they were invaded. Seems like the best of every side in that war.

They didn't supply the Nazis, they didn't provoke the war (seeking peace overtures), and they only went to war after they were invaded. Seems like the best of every side in that war.

Yeah, well, Stalin was a little busy killing his own for starters...

Keeping the world population down.

I've always considered him highly because of that.

Keeping the world population down.

I've always considered him highly because of that.

One sign of the sociopath is the complete disregard of life and inability to change destructive and devient thinking. The days of the likes of Stalin are coming to an end.

Just because Bush is leaving office, doesn't mean all the Generals in the us staff are leaving office. Doesn't mean people are automatically going to be better people just because Barak takes office. People are people, and there are too many of them.

Can you guys even see the topic from where you are?

Shout LAND HO! if you can :m2:

we settled this with, "God is a /b/tard, just accept it and work around it". Now we are having other conversations.