Five Values | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Five Values

Straightforwardness
Generosity
Transparency
Understanding
Yielding

I found this to be extremely difficult and I don't find this to be a comprehensive list. I would say that love binds all of these, either for self, other, or both.

This is a great value purplecrayons

4bf2df47c99e1dc6801ea6bcce9ac5ee.jpg

Thank you, and that photo is so beautiful!

❤️
Yielding is not passive is it? It’s like the wind and water that both fit to what is there, but can change the face of the earth. Yin energy!

Yielding is not passive is it? It’s like the wind and water that both fit to what is there, but can change the face of the earth. Yin energy!
Yes. Being flexible, as opposed to set in my ways, I find to be a great strength. An often forgotten secret of the universe. Rigidity keeps me stuck, more often than not.

Beyond 6 or 7 items, people have a harder time distinguishing individual 'items'. That could be a reason why five was chosen.
Another thing is that it fits neatly into our decanary number system.
As for my personal values, they tend towards vague directives rather than concrete pillars or laws. I'm not sure I've ever been at my 'natural best'; how do you identify those situations? there's a few instances where it felt like everything was going extremely well according to plans I'd laid.
Also, if our values are something that must spark an emotional reaction from us (positive when in accord, negative when violated), that makes things even more complicated.
Are these values that we hold for ourselves? or only others? or more like, global values that we expect from others & ourselves?

My Values (no order)
~ Goodwill
~ Steeliness
~ No Bullshit
~ n/a
~ n/a

Compassion
Compassion
Compassion
Compassion
Compassion

I can't really put these into finer values, they're too undefinable. Anything else I could come up with would be in the name of compassion. Anything else I can come up with might be against compassion in certain situations. Compassion is all encompassing and itself hard to define.

Compassion
Compassion
Compassion
Compassion
Compassion

I can't really put these into finer values, they're too undefinable. Anything else I could come up with would be in the name of compassion. Anything else I can come up with might be against compassion in certain situations. Compassion is all encompassing and itself hard to define.
I feel like my answers were like this too.
Though what those words mean to me may mean something else to another. What does compassion mean to you?

I feel like my answers were like this too.
Though what those words mean to me may mean something else to another. What does compassion mean to you?

I don't think I can really put compassion into words. If words mean something else to someone else then very well the words I use to define it will do the same thing. Google defines it as "sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others." and that sounds as close as anything I could come up with.

At my ultimate best? These are pretty much in order:
  • Eccentricity (I initially put 'Authenticity' too for #3, but it sort of ties in with this I guess)
  • Loyalty
  • Service
  • Patience
  • Aggression (both for situations that warrant such, and in my pursuit of goals once they're established)

I did not know that. Is this an established fact in enneagram typology? If so, I will probably look into it further.

In an overly simplified way, yes it is

• Kindness.
• Patience.
• Intense.
• Mindfulness.
• Intentional.

I've been going back and forth to this topic because I value too many things. But I guess top five would be..

Truth
Curiosity
Love
Understanding
Compassion

I did not know that. Is this an established fact in enneagram typology? If so, I will probably look into it further.
I have a book on the Enneagram. I'll send it to you.

Updating my answers to:
- Willingness to eat pizza
- Please order me tacos
- sense of humor
- adulting
- share the Pizza.
Tacos and pizza sound delicious. Taco pizza... I think you inspired a new creation, Daus. <3
I'll send you a photo when I get around to making it.

Reactions: dZpADTLrPmX4c