Five Values | INFJ Forum

Five Values

• Kindness.
• Patience.
• Confidence.
• Mindfulness.
• Fairness.

I suppose a few of them overlap in areas. But that's fine.

• Autonomy
  • Connection
  • Adaptability
  • Curiosity
  • Reliability
What are yours @Deleted member 16771 ?
I think these make sense for you, Wyote. There's a certain interplay between fluidity and solidity here that captures something essential.

For me, I'm keen to look at my values from a clean slate, almost to observe the emotional creature from the outside. The emotions would be key; I think our real values are revealed to us in feeling, and I don't want them 'polluted' by any kind of logic or thought.

In this sense, I'm certain that one would be 'empowerment', which I experience through my teaching. It's something triumphal when you know that's being attained; when someone feels empowered.

In other circumstances, one must certainly be 'fairness'/'justice' - to judge situations impersonally by universal standards.

I think some others would express something much more intimate, and I'd have to break my heart to search for the vocabulary to express, I think, if it's expressible. As I write this, there seems to be a duality in my values, therefore, between something impersonal and something deeply intimate.

there seems to be a duality in my values, therefore, between something impersonal and something deeply intimate.

I think this is worth diving into in some way.
Not you specifically (though maybe also) but the general idea of the duality here.

I think this is worth diving into in some way.
Not you specifically (though maybe also) but the general idea of the duality here.
Yes I think so, too.

I was thinking that the essential character of individuals seems to be composed of interacting dualities.

In this case, the examples made too much sense, if you know what I mean: fluidity-solidity; impersonal-intimate. It struck me a bit.

I disagree that values are a set of actions. They are a nouns or concepts. They are your priorities. Since they are prioritized, you can violate a priority if other priorities sit higher. Those priorities dictate your actions.

Realistic Objectivity
Family
Patience
Freedom

I was going to say 'reliable' and 'loyal' but that actually applies more to family because I value family, I tend to be more reliable when it comes to that. I was going to say I have a hard work ethic, but then realized I work hard for Family. If I didn't have a family, I would be satisfied with working very little and making little money. The success and security of my family supersedes 'freedoms' even though my thoughts and actions tend to direct me toward increasing freedom of myself and others.

Would you say these values were always known to you, or that they've tended to materialise as life events revealed their importance?. Neither? Both? Something else?
The second and last came with experience from mid-life onwards, but the others have always been with me.

I was going to say, there's a kind of 'energetic' difference between some of these. It's not an incongruence, but some seem more organic or native than others.
There’s a problem capturing values in simple words or phrases as well. These are really placeholders for a range of values that each represents. For example Endurance is closely related to Hope. They each need the benefit of reflection on experience, but some more than others.

My gut tells me the values people pick should change and evolve as they age, if they’re living life to the full. That includes willingness to take some risks - and there’s another value to add to the list lol.