Favorite Salads | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Favorite Salads

I have a simple recipe for a cabbage salad which is my favorite. Perfect for a hot summer day. It's basically cabbage, toasted almonds & sesame seeds, green onion, pepper, dressing: oil, vinegar and (whatever flavor) bouillon, sugar. I also like to crush up Ramen Noodles and sprinkle on it. Nums...crunch crunch. :D

Reactions: the and Gaze
I have a simple recipe for a cabbage salad which is my favorite. Perfect for a hot summer day. It's basically cabbage, toasted almonds & sesame seeds, green onion, pepper, dressing: oil, vinegar and (whatever flavor) bouillon, sugar. I also like to crush up Ramen Noodles and sprinkle on it. Nums...crunch crunch. :D

*takes notes*

When I was growing up my Grandmother would often make me a Waldorf Salad. It has chopped apples, celery, and walnuts, mixed together with mayonnaisse. It's really good. I'm making it at Christmas. I've been thinking about Waldorf Salad lately.

When I was growing up my Grandmother would often make me a Waldorf Salad. It has chopped apples, celery, and walnuts, mixed together with mayonnaisse. It's really good. I'm making it at Christmas. I've been thinking about Waldorf Salad lately.

now i am too! i haven't had a waldorf salad in years

another simple summer salad is spinach with chopped hard boiled eggs and lemon dressing.

I go to Fresh Choice when I feel like eating a salad. At home I simply dip carrots in ranch dressing.

wim0t.jpg

I keep seeing this thread and thinking.....I like the one with lettuce....

Side Note: We had a lizard at one time that was given by a student who couldn't take him home. His name was Godziggy. An older couple who were friends, also used to be biologists at a univeristy in Florida and kept a zoo full of pets. We asked advice on Godziggy and they told us not to be feeding him iceberg lettuce. The exact advice they gave us was that iceberg lettuce had no nutritional value and was the crack cocaine of lettuce. Every time I think of iceberg lettuce that is the thought that runs through my head. Godziggy was a crack addict....he loved iceberg lettuce.

Last edited:
I had fruit salad today. It was delicious.

Reactions: Gaze
sometimes i chop all of my favourite things together with no regard for anything but that i love them. beans, strawberries, mushrooms, tomatos, olives, tofu, and whatever i feel like. someone asked me in horror what i was eating i was like "stuff salad".

Reactions: aeon and Gaze
I hate preparing salad, but I can seriously make some nice ones. Sometimes unusual veggies can make it a better (tastier) experience. Jicama, apples, pomegranate, fresh peach, grapes, berries, cherries, raisins, and dried cranberries - all of those make excellent complements to nuts or savory flavors. I usually add avocado because I like avocado, but it has to be squishy or I won't eat it. I also like different types of sprouts - but you have to eat sprouts fast, before they spoil. Adding unique greens can help as well: Beet tops (beet greens), spinach, arugula, watercress, bok choy...etc. All add unique flavors to salad.

I love cheese on my salads as well, but I'm beginning to realize that I'm probably allergic to some of the moldier varieties, and those happen to be my faves for salad. :( I can handle feta, though. Feta is tasty with walnuts and dried cranberry (or toasted almond slivers).

As for dressing, I tend to add a tablespoons or two a creamy dressing, and then I shake everything up in a closed bowl so all the flavors mix together.

I made a salad today that involved packaged pre-cut spicy seasoned seaweed, julienne cucumber, and apple cider vinegar. Added a couple strands of marinated jellyfish in as an afterthought. It was delicious (if you're okay with the texture of seaweed, which is kinda slimy). Next time I would have a higher ratio of cucumber, and include julienned apple and sesame seeds.

Reactions: Gaze
When I'm feeling particularly decadent...Cobb salad. YUM.