Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Mine is Caesar Salad. Love the croutons and the dressing *yum*

Caesar-Salad.jpg
OT514306S.jpg

Man, its time to make today's salad. I'm a salad enthusiast. I have some baby Arugula, some cherry tomatoes, an avocado, some dried cranberries, sliced almonds... should I throw on sunflower seeds or flax seeds? Maybe a little olive oil and apple vinegar...

Or... I could just eat the cucumber, onion, and red pepper combo that's been marinating two days in honey, salt, and vinegar...

Reactions: aeon and Gaze
greek salad is my fave

i prefer the salad without lettuce but many restaurants toss lettuce in
basically it's sweet peppers, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, tomatoes,kalamata olives, garlic, oregano and olive oil...oh yeah and red wine vinegar
here's how i like it to look
View attachment 10315

Reactions: Gaze
This looks good:

Morrocan Carrot Salad

Moroccan-Carrot-and-Orange-Salad-2-397x530.jpg

My hatred of salad dressing tends to carry over to salad. I don't mind spinach or dark romaine, but they don't have a lot of flavor on their own and the stuff usually put on them ruins them. I think my tongue is extremely sensitive to vinegar, and dressings without much vinegar are rare. (I also hate anything pickled in vinegar, although things like kimchi that are pickled in brine can be fine.) I guess I could try salad with just light olive oil, salsa, or curry though.

Mine is Caesar Salad.

Only if the dressing is made fresh and from scratch does it become a thing of beauty to me.

cheers,
Ian

a bitter baby greens salad with:

• a mix of Arugula, Red and Green Chard, Red and Green Oak, Red and Green Romaine, Fris

My hatred of salad dressing tends to carry over to salad. I don't mind spinach or dark romaine, but they don't have a lot of flavor on their own and the stuff usually put on them ruins them. I think my tongue is extremely sensitive to vinegar, and dressings without much vinegar are rare. (I also hate anything pickled in vinegar, although things like kimchi that are pickled in brine can be fine.) I guess I could try salad with just light olive oil, salsa, or curry though.
How about Japanese dressings? They have sesame sauces; yuzu (Japanese citrus) sauces; generally different compared to Western dressings.

Or how about making a sauce yourself? It doesn't have to be 'conventional'. Like; make a sauteed chicken and mushroom (with more gravy) then pour it over the greens?

I particularly LOVE salads. Albeit I have to be honest that playing with them means cooking them by myself AND that means cutting the vegetables by myself...
......I love playing with it when I can.

For conventional salads; yay for Caesar; yay for Greek; yay for Romaine...yay for 'Asian' (in here; 'Asian' means Julienne-d zucchini + spring beans + shredded chicken + small strips of fried wonton / dumpling skin + julienne-d carrot, with sweet gravy sauce like the ones used in Peking Duck. I don't know whether if it only exists here or not.)

A lot of Japanese restaurant here serves salad with interesting dressings, two of which I'd described above.

Salad is very versatile.

I like quinoa and pear salad a lot for something fruity and nutty.

I like tomato and cucumber salad if I've just gotten over a cold.

If I am feeling concerned about my calcium levels I like to eat
feta cheese on a pea and radish salad. The flavours go really well.

Sometimes I like to make a mustard/chive vinaigrette and I usually
eat that over a nectarine and fennel combination.

I usually always try to incorporate beans, quinoa, or nuts into my
salad just for protein reasons. Garbanzo and black beans go really
well with most anything. Do not mix black beans with fruit, though.

I usually like to use cottage cheese instead of salad dressing and
then I add some black pepper to that because I really love pepper.

I like vegetarian taco salads as well, I typically don't use cheese
though. I like to mix salsa with a little bit of sour cream to use as dressing.
It's muy bueno.

Salad is very versatile.

I like quinoa and pear salad a lot for something fruity and nutty.

I like tomato and cucumber salad if I've just gotten over a cold.

If I am feeling concerned about my calcium levels I like to eat
feta cheese on a pea and radish salad. The flavours go really well.

Sometimes I like to make a mustard/chive vinaigrette and I usually
eat that over a nectarine and fennel combination.

I usually always try to incorporate beans, quinoa, or nuts into my
salad just for protein reasons. Garbanzo and black beans go really
well with most anything. Do not mix black beans with fruit, though.

I usually like to use cottage cheese instead of salad dressing and
then I add some black pepper to that because I really love pepper.

I like vegetarian taco salads as well, I typically don't use cheese
though. I like to mix salsa with a little bit of sour cream to use as dressing.
It's muy bueno.

You guys have some really great salad ideas. Although I'm not a huge salad person, I'd like add salads more often to my diet. All that^ sounds delicious.

I can totally get the recipes for you! and I will here after a bit.

i make a hot pasta salad for lunch sometimes that is really easy
rotini pasta
heat up kraft feta and oregano salad dressing in a pot until it's bubbling then add kalamata olives and heat through
next, add the rotini and lots of crumbled feta cheese (preferably goat feta, but cow feta is ok)
toss to distribute salad dressing
yummay!
View attachment 10352
i use this dressing for all sorts of things. i put it in my meatloaf and meatballs, i marinate with it, i brush it on chicken or souvlaki when i bbq, i use it on salad of course, i drizzle it over fresh veggies etc.

fuck salad! i like eating salad, especially when other people make it for me and they make it well, but if i'm just assembling food for myself, if i do salad i'm going to feel like one fancy motherfucker.

i like to buy fresh salad veggies... but then i tend to just wash them and rip them with my hands and eat them. i'm not going to bother to cut them up and mix them in a pretty little bowl. i might make a salad dressing "dip" with just vinegar and olive oil and dip it in first before eating.

fuck salad! i like eating salad, especially when other people make it for me and they make it well, but if i'm just assembling food for myself, if i do salad i'm going to feel like one fancy motherfucker.

lol
i'm sort of the opposite.
i prepare food to look fabulous because most of my appetite is satisfied by the appearance and aroma of the food. this begins while i'm preparing - i can smell the sweetness of red pepper, the earthiness of the carrots, the sharpness of the onion, etc
arranging is enjoyable too. i like to create a masterpiece and sometimes i regret digging into it afterward!
anyway, to each their own.
for me food is such an expression of love that even when i'm alone i tend to treat it that way

i prepare food to look fabulous because most of my appetite is satisfied by the appearance and aroma of the food

lol thats true! a nicely prepared meal is lot more satisfying. sometimes i put time and care into cooking for myself too.. idk, when i'm working with raw fruits and vegetables, i think to myself "this fruit/vegetable is already ready to eat" and it looks so fresh and tempting.. by the time i'm done assembling the dish half of it has been munched away :D

Salad dressings made with soybean oil make me want to gag.

That