Social 38%
Self Preservation 78%

Sexual
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Social
||||||||||||||| 46%
Self Preservation
|||||||||||| 38%

I took it again, and while I don't remember taking this test, got almost identical results.

Sexual
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Social
||||||||||||||| 46%
Self Preservation
|||||||||||| 38%

sx - exacerbates E, makes J milder
This would greatly explain why I seem so much like an ENFJ, and sometimes an INFP, even though my Ni and Fe are much stronger than my Fi and Ne.

Sexual: In healthy to average Sexual types, there is a desire for intensity of experience

Last edited:
Sexual
||||||||||||||||||||| 70%
Social
|||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Self Preservation
|||||||||||||||||| 54%

Not much of a change from the last time I took it, the description for so/sx very much fits me.

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Social |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 66%

Yep. Sounds about right. What enneagram type do I come across as?

Sexual ||||||||||||||||||||| 70% Social ||||||||||||||| 42% Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
So sp/sx

sp/sx
These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.

Examples: George Harrison, Jackie Onassis, Eric Clapton, Emily Dickinson

Actually, this isn't terribly far off.

Sexual |||||||||||||||||| 54%
Social ||||||||| 26%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 86%

Sexual|||||||||||||||||||||62%Social|||||||||||||||||||||66%Self Preservation||||||||||||||||||54%

Instinctual Variant Test Results

Instinctual variant theory holds that your instinctual drives can be divided into three forces. The Sexual force drives you to seek closeness, like you would experience in a strong romantic relationship or a close friendship. The Social force drives you to consider the wider community, where you and others stand, what everyone thinks/feels/needs of you and what you think/feel/need of them. The Self Preservation force drives you to maintain individual concerns - security, health, comfort, etc.. Each person will have a different mix of these three variants. Your results suggest the following mix:​

Sexual|||||||||||||||||||||66%
Social|||||||||||||||||||||66%
Self Preservation|||||||||||||||||||||66%

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Social ||||||||||||||| 42%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%

Sexual |||||||||||| 38%
Social ||||||||||||||| 50%
Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 86%

I took it again, and while I don't remember taking this test, got almost identical results.

This would greatly explain why I seem so much like an ENFJ, and sometimes an INFP, even though my Ni and Fe are much stronger than my Fi and Ne.

Wow. Hits me on the head.

Wow, even more so.
Same
Can anyone explain how sx/so would apply to type 1 (either wing), 4 (possibly wing 5), and 8w9 (no doubt about wing if it's my type)? I've been trying to determine my Enneagram type for a while now... though admittedly, I haven't been putting a lot of effort into it, just bursts here and there (heh, typical sx variant I guess). @DefectiveCreative:, @arbygil:?
I consistently test as as 8w7. I found this immensely surprising and yet not surprising at all given how easily I agree with you in other threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sexual |||||||||||||||||| 58% Social ||||||||||||||||||||| 70% Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%

sx |||||||||||||||||| 54%
so |||||||||||| 38%
sp |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%

Huh. If anything, the sexual description fits me best. Nowhere in the test did it say anything about needing material security...

*is offended*:m051:

ETA: okay, read some more and sounds reasonable. Though sp/sx/so fits much better than sp/so/sx. Retook the test in a better mood, hence scores.

Last edited: