Does your personality change when you're being observed? | INFJ Forum

Does your personality change when you're being observed?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Does your personality change when you're conscious that you're being watched or observed? How?

Does your personality change when you're conscious that you're being watched or observed? How?

I don't uncontrollably eat junk food as much! lol. I sure am lucky to have inherited string bean genes

I seem to change when I like someone...eek...more uptight. I wish I could just be my cheery, happy self... :(

I'm already extremely self-conscious, so I'm usually tense all the time. I get really nervous when being watched but the nervousness does not show that much in my behaviour. I appear very calm. I try to pretend that I'm busy and that I don't notice people observing me. However, I mostly can't hide my smile because I know people are watching me and it's especially funny when people try to hide it.

My personality wouldn't change but my behaviour would probably change.
I don't feel comfortable being watched.

:violin:

Reactions: 1 person
I become alert. I don't generally talk much when being observed, but of course I have to pick it up first. Usually If there is someone around I know I start talking to them to try and shake the observer off or I just go into a deep thought and try to ignore them.

I don't generally like being observed for too long.

Big brother is always watching....

HAHA

I just change my behavior to best adjust to the situation or circumstance.

My personality wouldn't change. I would just get really nervous. I hate being watched; makes me uncomfortable.

I put up more guards or less depending. But I always have a sense that I am being watched to some extent.

*wonders if she is being watched*

Maybe? I know I try to be more...I dunno...normal????:m190:

*wonders if she is being watched*

Maybe? I know I try to be more...I dunno...normal????:m190:

Are you trying to say, you're not normal? :m052:

I stop talking almost completely. I keep watching them subtly to see if they're still watching me, then try to move behind one of my friends to hide.
I really don't like being watched, I keep thinking there's something on my face =.=

I have had this happen to me in the past several time so I am quite aware now when it happens. There are a small group of people in this world that cause me to feel like I need to "prove" myself to them. Meaning that I need to magnify parts of my personality that I want them to understand. People that cause me to act like this are in essence non-responsive, but clearly have ideas going on under the surface. They just don't share them. The thing is though when I do try to mangify my personality it doesn't come out correctly. It makes me appear warped and egotistical. As such when I feel like this is starting I tone it down a lot. After a while I will consciously tell myself to stop enough that I don't need to work on it further.

If someone directly tells me they are observing me, this can happen. I tell myself not to though. The thing is though I feel "funny" on the inside and in the beginning I won't feel like I am giving an accurate picture of myself. So really, I hate it when people tell me they are observing me. Cause by saying that, they won't observe me in the most accurate way possible.

I stop talking almost completely. I keep watching them subtly to see if they're still watching me, then try to move behind one of my friends to hide.
I really don't like being watched, I keep thinking there's something on my face =.=

Feel the same.