Does everyone have an internal dialogue? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Does everyone have an internal dialogue?

When I have to deal with too many people for too much time, my internal dialogue shuts down completely, even for months on end.

When I have to deal with too many people for too much time, my internal dialogue shuts down completely, even for months on end.

This happens to me on occasion.

Last edited:

Interesting. Do you think it's a bad thing, or just a function of your mind to stop talking to itself when presented with increased social interaction?

Interesting. Do you think it's a bad thing, or just a function of your mind to stop talking to itself when presented with increased social interaction?

I think I sometimes flip over into the INFJ shaddow functions, which resemble the ESTP type.
I wasn't myself for a long time when I was first given executive powers here, probably because fights, extremely long hours, and excessive dialogue, involved in the dismantling of an unacceptable comand structure, pushed all my un-/non-INFJ buttons, until the buttons broke.

Thankfully, all that unpleasantness is a thing of the past and I'm back to my usual self.

I guess I could see how that happens. Often, my internal dialogues are there to 'check' me, and if I was getting plenty of 'checking' in the workplace, maybe I wouldn't need it so much :)

Did you enjoy the quiet?

Does everyone have an internal dialogue?

yeah I think we all do. it would be a byproduct of the imagination, and planning & decision making.

It would be the chatter of the ego, busily establishing itself as the psychic demiurge. The false god that needs its clay feet busted so its ramblings can be trusted.

mine never stops ....... isn't it normal? I always have those.. anywhere.. anytime.. whatever I do I talk with that voice in my mind :) :) I even ask questions and it answers me <-- or I answer myself :) :) :) hehehehe

It is normal, but you can train your brain to be able to turn it off when you want to. They call it the 'chattering monkey', or 'excited puppy' in mindfulness meditation training.