Do You Look At People Passing By? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do You Look At People Passing By?

Only the pretty ones.

I think I do look at people passing by. I am observant and I find the diversity that is available here to be very interesting. Also, I tend to think of story behind each person I see. But I don't stare because I know that can make people feel uncomfortable.

Now I wonder if the whole being really curious about other people, looking into their souls, and creating stores for them is mostly dominated by INFJs, or if it has anything to do with type at all. I realized that I do, in fact, make up stories [some small, some big] for people I look at...the longer stories for people who I find really intriguing/beautiful/looked at for a longer time.

I am an avid people watcher...I am not sure what draws me to stare at one person longer than another. I do stare, I stare at the way their lips form words, the way the jaw moves, the way the eyes move about in conversation. Sometimes I will stare a person right in the eyes because i find their eyes so fascinating. When I am caught I look away sheepishly. I feel moderately guilty for staring. I was taught it was impolite.

I too find myself attached to some people I watch. A longing to remove a sad face, or a desire to share a happy contented mood. I don't know. This is going to sound particularly strange, but alot of times when i people watch I get so in tuned into the person Im watching I tend to feel what they feel.

Last edited:
I've been doing this recently. I look away before my eyes meet theirs. Not only because I don't feel comfortable with eye contact, but I don't want to creep anyone out and I don't want anyone to think I'm checking them out -when I'm not. And I don't do it because I find someone attractive; it doesn't matter how they look and it doesn't matter if it's a male/female. And when I'm looking at them, I'm not judging them or anything like that or thinking they're attractive or whatnot; I just like looking at people. I only do it sometimes and usually if they're walking by.

A little addition...Now Im gonna show my hypocritical side everyone so watch out...

I HATE when I am being watched. I get all paranoid and self conscious. Since I'm a very observant person, they NEVER notice when I notice they are staring. So I'm all freaked out when they don't stop staring.

No, because I fear eye contact. However, if I have sunglasses making it impossible for other people to see my eyes, it becomes a different story entirely...