Do You Look At People Passing By? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do You Look At People Passing By?

When I am walking around (particularly on campus), I will look at everyone that walks by me. However if they get too close to me I will not look, as I do not want them to see me observing. I quite literally though, look at everyone.

Reactions: gloomy-optimist
Sunglasses are very helpful. However, I feel they are too deceptive and in a way "cheating". As such I feel guilty that I can see others, but they can not see where I am looking (it's unfairly sneaky), so I refuse to use them for that reason.

I've actually never thought of that .__.

I dunno. If strangers walking by starting doing that, I'd kind of wonder what was in the water.

When in complex or unfamiliar surroundings, I usually glance in all directions while walking. When there is nothing of interest on either side (e.g., in a hallway), I just look straight ahead. I don't make a point to make or avoid eye contact with passersby.

I don't like making eyes contact, gets on me nerves.

if I am walking along and someone passes me by, when I see them in the distance, I begin to dread the time that we eventually get close and pass by one an other. I dread this because I am shy and I would rather just ignore than say hello. Often times they say hello to me, and I don't reply and I feel badly for it. I don't want to hurt them by rejecting them and being rude, and I don't want them to think I am a bitch either. I just wish it were easy to just stop the person and explain that I was sorry I didn't say hi back, but I was just shy, and that I wish them well and all the best, and to thank them for doing their version of the same. In my own way, my thoughts I am thinking towards the stranger are of well wishes and of care, so if they can pick up my vibes, they will sense this, but usually people don't do this or can't. I am the lover from a distance of those near and far, pathetic as that sounds!

if I am walking along and someone passes me by, when I see them in the distance, I begin to dread the time that we eventually get close and pass by one an other. I dread this because I am shy and I would rather just ignore than say hello. Often times they say hello to me, and I don't reply and I feel badly for it. I don't want to hurt them by rejecting them and being rude, and I don't want them to think I am a bitch either. I just wish it were easy to just stop the person and explain that I was sorry I didn't say hi back, but I was just shy, and that I wish them well and all the best, and to thank them for doing their version of the same. In my own way, my thoughts I am thinking towards the stranger are of well wishes and of care, so if they can pick up my vibes, they will sense this, but usually people don't do this or can't. I am the lover from a distance of those near and far, pathetic as that sounds!

That does not sound pathetic at all Ria. If you read my reply earlier, I was very much this way too. The place, and enviroment, I work at has basically forced a change in me regarding this. I still try to respect people and not stare. Most people outside of the type of enviroment I work in are most comfortable with a quick glance and acknowledgement just before you pass them. Too much staring is uncomfortable, none is seen as rude. It varies greatly from culture to culture.

And fall in love with the detached innocent vulnerable looking ones, yes.

Depends on my mood. Usually I always look right on their faces and their eyes until the eye contact happens. I guess this way I acknowledge their existence and my presence. Human eyes are always interesting, how can you pass a by while it's so much entertainment? As some say, eyes are the windows into the soul, all of them are unique and tell a lot.. Not every stranger would look back at me of course, some are too focused in their own world, or just starring into the road. Curious.. Curious.

uhhhhhhhhhh...........

I like China. People actively avoid looking at and talking to each other there.

Sunglasses are very helpful. However, I feel they are too deceptive and in a way "cheating". As such I feel guilty that I can see others, but they can not see where I am looking (it's unfairly sneaky), so I refuse to use them for that reason.

I've never thought of it as "cheating" or something. I love sunglasses :3.

I would cup your chin, raise it so that you're looking me in the eyes and kiss you.

Hmm, if you do that to the wrong person..o_O

uhhhhhhhhhh...........

I like China. People actively avoid looking at and talking to each other there.

I'm glad I don't live in China. I'm Chinese though. Just a little FYI.

yeah, occasionally I worry that I'll kiss her twin. But I'm starting to be able to tell the difference immediately.

Have you even talked to my twin?