Do you like your voice?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Topic inspired by this thread:
Voice Personality- http://forums.infjs.com/showthread.php?t=12942

So, do you like your voice? - Tone, pitch, quality, loudness, softness, etc.

If yes, why?

If not, why? What would you change about it?

I like the way it sounds when heard from inside my own head, but when played back to be via recording, I hate it... nasally to me.

The ladies say I have a good voice so I'm not complainin. I think it's like one of those super-normal-average voices though, personally. I'd blend in well on the radio.

Reactions: willow
I like the way it sounds when heard from inside my own head, but when played back to be via recording, I hate it... nasally to me.

+1. When i listen to my voice recorded, i don't like the tone or quality. I cringe when I listen to it. And i think it's too soft. I don't really care for the soft tone, as too many people treat it as a sign of a weaker personality or less confidence. Sometimes, there's the sense that i'm treated like a child/young adult because of it. I wasn't aware how much until recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: mochi
Despise it.

Too crackled.

I'd prefer it to be more lucid, louder, and maybe a tad higher.

Also, I want a new accent.

Am bladdy seck o' thus 'ere won.

I used to dislike it when I was younger, but I don't mind it now. I can't say I LOVE it, because I wish I had more of a radio voice (my voice tends to be deep-ish for a female) but I like the lulling tones I have. Sometimes I think I put people to sleep. Lol!

I've been looking for the thread where people were posting recordings of their voice. It was from about a year ago and I can't find it anywhere..

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also, I want a new accent.

Am bladdy seck o' thus 'ere won.

To those who don't hear such accents everyday, they can be appealing, provided you can understand what they are saying because you don't hear their accent everyday....

I agree with the whole "my voice sound better in my head" thing. Hearing it on my voicemail makes me go "who is that woman??" Of course I also sound so much more witty and intelligent in my head too....

My voice is a lot different outside of my head. It sounds like I'm talking out of my nose. It's much more rough and monotone than I'm used to, and my s' are a lot more pronounced than I want (it's genetic). So when it's played back, I cringe.

When I was younger, I didn't quite like my voice that much because it had a very thick accent and was a bit soft for my liking.

Now I like my voice a lot, except for the fact that I have a slight lisp. I've been told by many that my voice sounds musical lol

When I was younger, I didn't quite like my voice that much because it had a very thick accent and was a bit soft for my liking.

Now I like my voice a lot, except for the fact that I have a slight lisp. I've been told by many that my voice sounds musical lol

Hah, that it does.

Hate hate hate hate hate the sound of my voice, perhaps the most out of anything in the world I hate. I'm not low, but I'm not that high. I just sound like a stereotypical gay dude, despite my inner voice is a lot lower. Gah.

When I leave people voicemails I find myself "getting my game face on" and trying to project this other voice which isn't really my natural voice. I feel like a toolbar when I catch myself doing it.

I don't mind it. When I get really excited it can sound rather "gay" but otherwise it doesn't really. The big thing about my voice is that I have the capacity to talk really fast, and then it can be hard for people to understand me.

Mine is fine. I can sing on key and it's clear. I don't have any nasally tones in it either. I wouldn't say I have the smoothest voice or that the tone of it is stellar, but I can sing along to songs and not be embarrassed about it which is nice.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Yep. In general, my voice has a soft quality that I really like. Occasionally I might sound really young, but I can moderate it as long as I pay attention to it.

Last edited:
I'd say my voice sounds alright; probably average, until I start to sing... The acoustics in my head are much more forgiving then the ones outside ;)

I hate the sound of my own voice. I try to speak as little as possible. Communicating telepathically is harder than it I thought it would be, heh.

Reactions: 1 person
I was horrified when I first heard my voice on tape. I sound like a young girl, it's quite high pitched and girly..........I sound stupid.......and.....dim. Oh well, maybe I am.