Do you like your voice? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Do you like your voice?

No, I definitely don't like my voice. It sounds flat, like the voice of a tone deaf person. I don't seem to have a good sense of inflection. Sometimes I just randomly add inflection to at least make my conversational voice interesting even if it is less than pleasing. As to volume, I became aware that I often speak either too loudly or too softly. I err on the side of soft now. It's better to have to speak up than to be caught bellowing in a quiet face-to-face conversation. Also, I'm an alto, but have learned to speak a bit higher (in addition to the softness) to avoid avoid both loudness and flat deepness. So a false high, soft voice coupled with off-kilter inflection, well I guess it's good I don't get out much as I'm a walking embarrassment. I once ordered a sandwich with American cheese and realized I pronounced "American" as "Amuricon." Low and flat. Amuricon. I have no idea if things are as bad as I think they are re my voice, but I am pretty sure I am near accurate.

Not really. I don't usually think about it. I don't hate it, but eh. I think I've always subconsciously mimicked the speech patterns and intonations of people around me so the more I'm around certain people, the more I start talking sort of like them.

Haaate it, right from guts. Listening to myself singing in recordings is really hard. The first time i just couldn't stand it, and started blushing and sweating, totally ashamed of my voice, specially because lots of friends were there listening the recording, it was pretty damn irrational, they heard me sing before many times, but the fact of hearing it from the outside made me cringe. Now i got used to it, still can't stand it, but i'm ok with it.