Do you experiment with drugs? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Do you experiment with drugs?

I don’t take any drugs now as a hard rule, no exceptions... ever.

Smoked cannabis at 13 until 16 which caused me a temporary bout of psychosis and extreme anxiety. I’ve always been anxious since then and still take SSRIs for that.

Overdosed on ecstasy once and was on the brink of all of my organs failing. I’ve taken other stimulants such as amphetamines and had a pretty bad cocaine and binge drinking problem at one point. I used to go full weekends drinking and taking coke without sleep when I was extremely depressed and then I would be suicidal after coming down.

Long story short, drugs are not to be messed with and I learnt the hard way :grin:

Ah, thank you! Which Nootropic are you taking?

I haven't experimented with much of the actual nootropics. I take fishoiil with my protein shake every morning and Alpha GPC along with R-Lipoic Acid to assist with workouts and then occasionally (1-2 month) I'll take an aniracetam with Alpha GPC to help with anxiety when I need to be productive. My main go-to 'nootropic' that isn't really a nootropic is Magnesium Glycinate. I'm just very careful to cycle it so I'm not building up a tolerance. When I take it, I am so ZEN and I sleep beautifully.

I should probably take some today. I'm feeling a little on edge.

I use this pack for now https://store.mindnutrition.com/nootropics/teacrine-dynamine-capsule-pack
but i plan to buy this one also https://store.mindnutrition.com/neuropacks/focused-cognition-pack

Nice, i like your choices! Magnesium Glycinate is excellent stuff, even ordinary magnesium tabs always help me.

Wtf is a nootropic? o_O

Nootropics refer to 'smart drugs,' herbs, vitamins and dietary supplements that support cognitive function. There's a lot of them out there and it's not a regulated industry, so you have to be careful what you're taking and do your research.

Nootropics refer to 'smart drugs,' herbs, vitamins and dietary supplements that support cognitive function. There's a lot of them out there and it's not a regulated industry, so you have to be careful what you're taking and do your research.
Mhm.. I'm a seratonin fan, myself. Anxiety.. no bueno.

I don’t take any drugs now as a hard rule, no exceptions... ever.

Smoked cannabis at 13 until 16 which caused me a temporary bout of psychosis and extreme anxiety. I’ve always been anxious since then and still take SSRIs for that.

Overdosed on ecstasy once and was on the brink of all of my organs failing. I’ve taken other stimulants such as amphetamines and had a pretty bad cocaine and binge drinking problem at one point. I used to go full weekends drinking and taking coke without sleep when I was extremely depressed and then I would be suicidal after coming down.

Long story short, drugs are not to be messed with and I learnt the hard way :grin:
Jesus, I hope you're OK now, Jamie.

I've got to be honest with you, though, it doesn't surprise me - Manchester is just a different world when it comes to the drug scene.

Basically anyone I know who has been associated with Manchester (Manchester Uni or actual Mancunians) has been on cocaine binges, &c. It's normalised to a different degree compared with the rest of the country I think (save London, obviously).

@Misty from wiki : Nootropics - (colloquial: smart drugs and cognitive enhancers) are drugs, supplements, and other substances that may improve cognitive function, particularly executive functions, memory, creativity, or motivation, in healthy individuals.

Aaah. If we're including those kind of things, I take a 5-HTP which is derived from an African plant (griffonia simplicifolia). It's a miracle that helps me keep my head above water in the Autumn/Winter SAD months:sweatsmile:

I've got to be honest with you, though, it doesn't surprise me - Manchester is just a different world when it comes to the drug scene.

Basically anyone I know who has been associated with Manchester (Manchester Uni or actual Mancunians) has been on cocaine binges, &c. It's normalised to a different degree compared with the rest of the country I think (save London, obviously).

Except me:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Yes, best I’ve been in a long time both mentally and physically. It was my method of self harm in a way but I’ve learned my lessons and can say with full confidence that I will never turn to recreational drugs, for any means, ever again.

You are right about Manchester, it definitely is a drug metropolis.

I'm happy to hear this was your outcome. I have much to say about this subject, I think. - From two conflicting / opposite perspectives, oddly enough.. Having been both a person whose father had drug issues culminating in his suicide when I was 19, causing my childhood and upbringing to leave me loathing drugs and

Heathen.

Sorry to hear about that misty :hug:

My dad had drug issues too which lead to his early death. It’s a horrible disease and I’m glad I managed to nip it in the bud early enough not to follow in his footsteps.

Sorry to hear about that misty :hug:

My dad had drug issues too which lead to his early death. It’s a horrible disease and I’m glad I managed to nip it in the bud early enough not to follow in his footsteps.
Aye.. Sorry my post cut off. And it was a double quote.. the Hethen was meant for @Deleted member 16771 for once having a cigarette. :tearsofjoy:

But I was going to say I loathed them for this reason, and have iron clad will power against peer pressure. My morals are really strict, extraordinarily hard on myself. But was pressured by the person I was married to as a teen to try ecstasy. I have done that a few times and hated myself each time after.. So, not on the same scale as you had, but a similar story in the disdain for drugs and for much the same reasons.

Unfortunately I learned that ecstasy feels like INFJ heaven during.. which made the whole self loathe after even worse, even though it's legal here basically & considered a kids party / rave drug. For me I was still only barely able to be convinced under that thought & moreover hearing it was first ( and still now legally considered ) a prescription med.. for PTSD - in many places, which coincidentally- I have.

So glad I'll never go back to that dark time & place.. ever again. And glad to hear you feel the same. Had no idea there was such a drug problem there where you lived.. O.O

EDIT: So sorry about your dad too.. *hugs man*