Do you experiment with drugs? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Do you experiment with drugs?

I have never done heroin or fentanyl. "Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is 80-100 times stronger than morphine." copied
That sounds like what Osama Bin Laden was trying to make before we went to Afghanistan. Maybe it was. He wanted to turn it into a liquid form, douse clothes with it, smuggle it in the clothing, get the liquid out of the clothing, and sell it to us. Cannot remember where I heard or read that. That sounds like playing with death to me. Please don't do this, anyone, or stop while you can. Get help if you need it. Change friends if you must. It is a bad ride to destruction.

I do not condone drugs, but must acknowledge some drugs we need. We get them to get better, not worse. To deal with life's pains if we must. I have no problem with pot or hashish, but can't buy a gun legally if you do it recreationally unless you lie about it. Can't get pain meds if you do it, because they test your blood. I like hunting and shooting. If it were ALL legal with pot, might smoke it on occasion. Wish it was legal.

Whoa whoa whoa...who said I am doing, or have done heroin?
Do you just mean this in general or are you talking to me?
I have never touched heroin in any form and the only form of fentanyl I have ever had was in the form of a once legally prescribed pain patch.
That was nearly 6 years ago though.

Just FYI, most of the fentanyl is coming from southeast Asia and China at the moment...though it’s the more potent animal version norfentanyl.
I don’t condone recreational drug use either...but I don’t judge those who do smoke weed to enjoy the evening more.
To each their own, and everything in moderation.

The subject of prescribed pain meds is so touchy and stigmatized now it’s crazy.
Yes, some people get overprescribed and addicted...and some prescribers and drug companies even did it on purpose, but that’s no big surprise.
The main problem at the moment are those who are illegally gaining access to the pain meds, online or elsewhere - not the legit pain patients who follow the rules, don’t take them more than they are supposed to, and really need them to function as a more normal and independent person.
This has caused a lot of people who really need actual pain treatment or meds to be under-treated or have this aspect of their issues ignored for for fear it will result in the number of illegal abusers going up.
Those guidelines about prescribing opioids that have recently been used to justify not prescribing certain meds specifically states that by no means should doctors withhold or stop prescribing pain meds because of this stigmatization going on - they would be (and are) essentially leaving a legitimate portion of people up shit creek.
Especially those who have a legit pain issue and have had their pain meds withdrawn recently by shitty scared doctors...they have no real alternative that works for a good portion of those people.
So some will turn to illegal ways of then self-medicating.
There are no good treatment options for stopping opioids either.
Suboxone or subutex?
Ha!
Just as addictive and takes nearly a month to leave your system, taking an even longer time to detox than normal.

Have your tried CBD tinctures or oil?
It has no THC in it and helps a lot of people...it’s 100% legal, non-addictive, non-harmful.
They are even giving it to animals now at the veterinarian offices.
Maybe your state will legalize pot...or our Congress will get their shit together and legalize it across the nation.
Testing to see if someone has used pot to buy a gun is kind of silly as it stays in your system for so long and has no correlation to the person being under the influence at that time....so long as your state is legal with pot.
Of course, you don’t want people shooting under the influence of anything that could compromise or impair their judgment, that’s a given.
Take care!

Reactions: just me
I don’t think he was claiming you use those.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Nope. Just sharing. The money from illegal dope makes more corruption than it is worth.

Reactions: Misty and Skarekrow
I don’t think he was claiming you use those.

Nope. Just sharing. The money from illegal dope makes more corruption than it is worth.

Thanks!
That is what I thought as well...but for someone just reading in randomly it could come across as such, so I’m only clarifying for the sake of clarity.
:<3white:

52642955_2546579035357242_1374038270819696640_n.jpg

Reactions: Misty
Thanks. Drugs have changed a lot since then, if one doesn't go back to the basics. Opioid epidemic, or is it make the rich richer?

That gets processed through your kidneys...so drink lots of fluids with it.
I wouldn’t take more than 600 mg 3x a day (but this is internet medical advice keep in mind, I am not your doctor).
Make sure your have no kidney issues.
There are other NSAID medications that you would only need to take once a day to gain the same effect as so much ibuprofen, it may be worth your while to talk to the doctor about something needed less often.

(On a side-note, if your body is physically inflamed somehow, this can cause new, or exacerbate existing anxiety...I wonder if your anxiety has more to do with your physical symptoms triggering excessive anxiety?
Do you feel that the ibuprofen significantly helps or do you notice a mood change when you don’t take it?)

You can also try L-theanine for your anxiety...it’s a natural amino acid found in green tea and various other plants.
It’s sold just about everywhere in pill form...for anxiety the recommended daily dose is 200mg (I take this).
It also works on your body’s glutamate system...glutamate again being the precursor to cortisol...and L-theanine activating your GABA receptors much like CBD and other various things do (including alcohol - though not recommended for long-term use lol).
L-theanine is proven natural and safe with no side-effects I’ve ever had, I suppose for some it may make them drowsy, but it supposedly relaxes you without that effect.
Link - https://www.integrativepsychiatry.n...for-what-ails-you-and-your-neurotransmitters/

What type of chronic pain do you have, maybe I can offer some suggestions as I primarily focus on chronic pain issues now and have even started to privately consult a couple people, which is exciting.
CBD oil does not a pothead make.
Neither does THC.

Thanks so much for your really thorough and informative response. Let's see...

I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) (collagen insufficiency, which can affects any body part or system that relies on collagen as part of its structure.) Chronic joint and muscle pain are the biggies for me, along with anxiety (explained below). Sometimes the pain is from inflammation, sometimes spasm, sometimes overwork. I take a lot of ibuprofen means I take it most days, sometimes twice a day, usually in 600mg doses. I have no kidney or liver issues.

I am grateful that ibuprofen helps as much as it does. I'm not taking pain meds of other kids.

Except CBD, which has been a very positive game-changer for me in my relationship with my body and my pain. I started using it as a salve on joints and muscles, and was stunned when my anxiety improved significantly, so I started taking it as a tincture. I have tried two different brands of tincture; one doesn't seem to help and the other does. The one that doesn't seem to help is an organic whole-plant version (THC-free) that a trusted friend makes. The one that does seem to help is a CBD isolate in MCT oil, which friends have warned me against (the MCT), but I have had no side effects and the positive effects are worth continuing.

EDS and anxiety are related. Living life in a wobbly, unstable body, prone to random and sometimes unexplained injuries and pain, brings a chronic sort of anxiety. Also, in brief, insufficient collagen means the autonomic nervous system feedback loop doesn't work as precisely as it should, which means unprovoked adrenaline surges are common, and that also "causes" anxiety. There's no fix for the feedback loop inaccuracies except to try to keep blood pressure high enough to not trigger the adrenaline surges. Once they're triggered, you feel anxious until the adrenaline dissipates, even though there is no emotional component to that anxiety.

Back to the subject of weed - my kids have informed me that it is called weed and not pot! - it makes sense that different strains would cause different effects. So if someone is just passing it around at a party, there's no way to know whether it would make one feel better or worse, right?

And the shallow thing really bugs me -- it seems like people I've seen who are high or stoned (are they the same thing?) have their depth shut off. Or they become super self-absorbed, which has the same effect. Or is that just sometimes, or it depends on the strain?

Could that be a good break for an INFJ who is deep deep deep all the time, to have the depth shut off for a bit, or would it just be super annoying?

Or am I misunderstanding?

I did a lot of drugs for a few years, then was medicated with controlled substances for twice as long, but I was stuck in my inferior Se then, living through my physical body.

Now I’m on spiritual Ni drugs all the time because I’m a mystic, so I don’t need substances. When I accidentally breathe in (illegal) pot smoke in the park, it gets me high, but in a way that’s backwards to how I’m supposed to be (because it’s coming from something physical and external) and I don’t like it. It’s kind of like getting raped. I wouldn’t voluntarily put that in my body. It’s overwhelming for me because I’m so physically sensitive now. (Same reason I don’t have physical sex anymore.)

I did a lot of drugs for a few years, then was medicated with controlled substances for twice as long, but I was stuck in my inferior Se then, living through my physical body.

Now I’m on spiritual Ni drugs all the time because I’m a mystic, so I don’t need substances. When I accidentally breathe in (illegal) pot smoke in the park, it gets me high, but in a way that’s backwards to how I’m supposed to be (because it’s coming from something physical and external) and I don’t like it. It’s kind of like getting raped. I wouldn’t voluntarily put that in my body. It’s overwhelming for me because I’m so physically sensitive now. (Same reason I don’t have physical sex anymore.)
Thats interesting but I'm curious on what you meant. Do you not have sex because you're physically sensitive?

Thanks so much for your really thorough and informative response. Let's see...

I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) (collagen insufficiency, which can affects any body part or system that relies on collagen as part of its structure.) Chronic joint and muscle pain are the biggies for me, along with anxiety (explained below). Sometimes the pain is from inflammation, sometimes spasm, sometimes overwork. I take a lot of ibuprofen means I take it most days, sometimes twice a day, usually in 600mg doses. I have no kidney or liver issues.

I am grateful that ibuprofen helps as much as it does. I'm not taking pain meds of other kids.

Except CBD, which has been a very positive game-changer for me in my relationship with my body and my pain. I started using it as a salve on joints and muscles, and was stunned when my anxiety improved significantly, so I started taking it as a tincture. I have tried two different brands of tincture; one doesn't seem to help and the other does. The one that doesn't seem to help is an organic whole-plant version (THC-free) that a trusted friend makes. The one that does seem to help is a CBD isolate in MCT oil, which friends have warned me against (the MCT), but I have had no side effects and the positive effects are worth continuing.

EDS and anxiety are related. Living life in a wobbly, unstable body, prone to random and sometimes unexplained injuries and pain, brings a chronic sort of anxiety. Also, in brief, insufficient collagen means the autonomic nervous system feedback loop doesn't work as precisely as it should, which means unprovoked adrenaline surges are common, and that also "causes" anxiety. There's no fix for the feedback loop inaccuracies except to try to keep blood pressure high enough to not trigger the adrenaline surges. Once they're triggered, you feel anxious until the adrenaline dissipates, even though there is no emotional component to that anxiety.

Back to the subject of weed - my kids have informed me that it is called weed and not pot! - it makes sense that different strains would cause different effects. So if someone is just passing it around at a party, there's no way to know whether it would make one feel better or worse, right?

And the shallow thing really bugs me -- it seems like people I've seen who are high or stoned (are they the same thing?) have their depth shut off. Or they become super self-absorbed, which has the same effect. Or is that just sometimes, or it depends on the strain?

Could that be a good break for an INFJ who is deep deep deep all the time, to have the depth shut off for a bit, or would it just be super annoying?

Or am I misunderstanding?

First of all I’m am terribly sorry for your own pain and suffering...I can definitely empathize with all you wrote on some level or another.
I have actually heard and know of this condition...similar in some ways to Marfan syndrome correct?
When I assisted in the open heart suite we would occasionally get someone in who had Marfan or something like it for an aortic arch aneurysm or an abdominal AAA...sometimes already dissecting (killed John Ritter).
Anyhow...on that happy note... ;)
I have had Ankylosing Spondylitis for over 20 years now...getting progressively worse each year.
I am currently disabled due to the pain and the secondary symptoms it causes.
So...I’ve had to find other ways to deal with the pain and suffering.
Mostly through meditation, but mushrooms work amazingly well for me to break up that anxiety that is cause by physiologic reasons like yourself.
I host a chronic pain group several times a year utilizing psychedelics as an adjunct to all the other tools out there with very amazing results.

With CBD you should keep in mind that it is very sensitive to the air and light.
CBD water is a gimmick if you ever come across it, don’t waste your money.
The best will be in oil and will be in a dark or opaque dropper bottle that you should make sure and keep in the cabinet to avoid oxidation of the cannabinoids that help with anxiety.
That is probably what happened between the two is my guess...the homemade batch probably lost it’s efficacy due to air/light exposure...but IDK for sure.
And there is nothing wrong IMHO with coconut oil...the studies that say it’s not good for you are paid for by the corn oil industry...so I take that advice with a grain of salt. ;)

Have you tired meditation for the anxiety?
I’m not talking about being mindful either, but rather meditations to help calm your body and hopefully the mind will follow.
You say, you need to keep your BP high though to prevent these surges in adrenaline?
So if you get too calm, does it then trigger?
Are you on any BP medication like clonidine or propranolol, or do you need to take something more like amlodipine to stabilize it?
Have you tried anything as such?

Generally the idea behind the strains is those that are “sativa” are more cerebral and more active than the other type which is “indica” considered more relaxing and body effecting.
For the most part I gravitate toward those that are somewhere in the middle...they usually say “balanced” on them.
There have been some that make my heart pound or give me a headache or make me more anxious...then there are some that are instantly relaxing both mentally and physically, both with the pain, and the muscle/joint stiffness, any IBS symptoms that used to crop up, etc.

As for people acting detached and loss of depth...there are definitely those who smoke weed just to get high and/or cover up some kind of internal trauma in the same way an alcoholic or other addict uses such things to escape their uncomfortable reality.

If used properly, for the right reasons, and responsibly they have shown definite medical benefits both from CBD oil and THC.
Everything in moderation right?
Those that annoy you are those that smoke too much and so much that they are barely there anymore most of the time...I agree.

It could be a good break yes, but at least for me it’s takes some trial and error to find the right type that doesn’t aggravate other undesirable effects.

Take are and much love!
:<3white:

I have been testing out CBD since last year. From water soluble, flowers, and pouches. Can't say it's really done much for me as I didn't get an immediate result. Although, I'm thinking about upping the dosage(mg) and trying some CBD vape liquids.

I tried some stuff in my past, started with marijuana and alcohol, then later switched to more stronger stuff, like speed and mdma. I was doing it mainly because I was depressed and didn't see any other way how to get out of those low states. It helped me in a lot of ways, it opened me up, especially when I did mushrooms. But problem later was incredible paranoia, fears, delusions. I thought that I had fu*ked my brain and body forever. I took spiritual path then, adopted new lifestyle, started meditating and eventually I got better, where now I don't experience side effects anymore. When it comes to drugs, I could say that I am against them but still they can be helpful, especially psychedelics. They can show some stuff that were always there and you "couldn't" see them before.

I've never taken any drugs, smoked or drank any alcohol until recently when I tried some weed with my best friend.

But for some reason, I've always had an urge to drink and smoke since ages, I think that's because of depression and so on. I'm glad I din't though; I don't think I would have had the strength to stop or control myself back then.

I've smoked marijuana back in college, but right now, I don't have any interest in actively pursuing any recreational drugs. If I'm at a party and there's a blunt, or a shisha pipe, I'll partake to be social and maybe get a slight buzz, but that's the extent of it. Same with drinking. I did all my hard partying in college. Now I'll go out with my girlfriends and we'll have a few drinks, but it's not the ordeal it used to be.

The only somewhat crazy thing I've done recently was my friend and I had a little bit too much cassa few months ago and tried her husband's CBD. It was only supposed to be a little tiny buzz, but neither of us had any idea of how potent that shit was. It wore off rather quickly, but while it was in full effect, well.... let's just say, we were communing with some spirits. lol

The only substances I dabble with from time to time nowadays are the occasional nootropics.

The only substances I dabble with from time to time nowadays are the occasional nootropics.

I actually ordered few nootropics before few weeks and it really surprised me, very good stuff. I have problem with drinking coffee, i become shaky and anxious, but this nootropics that I take now give similar effects like coffee even more stronger and it lasts for 10-12 hours a day without putting me into state of anxiety. Here is web page if you are interested : https://mindnutrition.com/

Last edited:
I actually ordered few nootropics before few weeks and it really surprised me, very good stuff. I have problem with drinking coffee, i become shaky and anxious, but this nootropics that I take now give similar effects like coffee even more stronger and it lasts for 10-12 hours a day without putting me into state of anxiety. Here is web page if you are interested : https://mindnutrition.com/

Ah, thank you! Which Nootropic are you taking?

I haven't experimented with much of the actual nootropics. I take fishoiil with my protein shake every morning and Alpha GPC along with R-Lipoic Acid to assist with workouts and then occasionally (1-2 month) I'll take an aniracetam with Alpha GPC to help with anxiety when I need to be productive. My main go-to 'nootropic' that isn't really a nootropic is Magnesium Glycinate. I'm just very careful to cycle it so I'm not building up a tolerance. When I take it, I am so ZEN and I sleep beautifully.

I should probably take some today. I'm feeling a little on edge.

Ah, thank you! Which Nootropic are you taking?

I haven't experimented with much of the actual nootropics. I take fishoiil with my protein shake every morning and Alpha GPC along with R-Lipoic Acid to assist with workouts and then occasionally (1-2 month) I'll take an aniracetam with Alpha GPC to help with anxiety when I need to be productive. My main go-to 'nootropic' that isn't really a nootropic is Magnesium Glycinate. I'm just very careful to cycle it so I'm not building up a tolerance. When I take it, I am so ZEN and I sleep beautifully.

I should probably take some today. I'm feeling a little on edge.
Jesus. Sounds like the intro to a Joe Rogan podcast.